News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

I don't know whats going on...

Started by nickCR, May 09, 2007, 08:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickCR

Forum,

Well this is my very first attempt at bridging SMF to my Mambo 4.6.2 installation. After installing I figured ok lets go give this a whirl. I went through the settings got it all setup, didn't really change much honestly.

So I tried to login to Mambo and go to the forum. No dice.

I realized I needed to publish the mambots. So I published them and went to Mambo logged in. No dice.

I figured there might be something silly wrong so I tried the login module. Slight improvement. If I logged in directly to SMF I would show as logged into the system in the module area in Mambo. This still didn't help much because when I would try to login in the module it would go to a page and just claim it's done. So still no dice.

Then I read around that the cookies might do something like this so I make them not local and try again, still no dice.

I'm a very frustrated bridge guy here. I'd really like to figure out how to make this work as adding a forum to my site would be great.

Does SMF support 404SEF at all? I did all this without SEF on.

http://www.ticovista.com/beta/ [nofollow]

Any help is appreciated.

Nick
NickCR

Costa Rica Real Estate [nofollow] at TicoVista

Orstio

nickCR

NickCR

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

nickCR

NickCR

erdani666

Same here... and even more of it: It doesn't matter whether I disable or enable login mambot, still SMF will log into the page, and Mambo login won't log on SMF.

I gave up installing the same log... until somebody figured something out.

Orstio

erdani666

You may visit mine, where I'm having the same problem:

http://www.koi-nya.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=112 [nofollow]

SMF is integrated with the same bridge, and at this moment modules and mambots of the bridge are disabled; still, if you access the forum, you'll get into Mambo too; but if you log into Mambo, only Mambo will have you log on.

I've created an user so you can test yourself:

Name: 'prueba'
Pass: 'success'

Thank you for all this support.

Kindred

in order to log into smf and mambo using the mambo login module, you will have to have the login and logout bots published.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

nickCR

Ok sorry I just turned off all SEF and you can see the Forum now. Besides I don't want the form "wrapped" within my site, rather just the header with the same style. Anyway that doesn't matter i've installed it as it's intended.

I tried to create an account "test" and it created it fine in Mambo but then said in SMF that the passwords don't match. Then I did a "sync" in the component and it was transferred over.

Access to my site here:

http://www.ticovista.com/beta/ [nofollow]

User: test
Pass: tester
NickCR

nickCR

Additionally when I try to activate the customer:

/home/vista/public_html/beta/mambots/authenticator/SMF_user_unban.php on line 85
NickCR

erdani666

As nickCR says, I have the exact same error. Whenever I publish Mambots for Mambo/SMF integration, if I register in Mambo, SMF says passwords don't match.

Note I've been having this errors from the start: With a fresh installation of Mambo 4.6.2, SMF 1.1.2 and this Bridge I had the same errors.

nickCR

Anyone have any insigh on this issue?
NickCR

Orstio

I'll have these issues fixed for the RC2 release, which is not far off.

erdani666

nickCR

Great to know that it's not something with my setup, can't wait for the bridge to come out :D
NickCR

nickCR

Orstio: Any guestimates on a release date?
NickCR

Advertisement: