News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Convert IPB BB codes too!

Started by Richardson, July 02, 2007, 04:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richardson

Hello!

I have a big hungarian community( 35.000 users) forum called: hxxp:impulsive.hu [nonactive] . My problem is that that I had an IPB before SMF, and my smf couldnt interpret the IPB BB codes.

For example I have:
Quote[img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

and i would like to see a smiley, not that old code.

and there are also problems with the quote:

Quote[!--quoteo(post=49662:date=Nov 23 2006, 06:48 PM:name=NH3CL)--][div class=\'quotetop\']IDÉZET(NH3CL @ Nov 23 2006, 06:48 PM) [snapback]49662[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
text
[/quote]

so:

is there any Modification or a converter, whick i can use for fix these bugs?

Thanks.
Richardson
Impulsive.hu Owner

SleePy

Is this issue solved or do you still require assistance?

The converter didn't touch the smilies as it is data from a post.
It looks like IPB converts them into image bbc code with some invalid code that does not work with SMF.
If there isn't many of them just manually edit them. It may also work to do a forum censor and replace those old codes for now.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Richardson

Hello!

Yes, I need help since then.

I cant manually edit: I have: 69521 posts in 14680 topics.

What do you mean Forum Censor? It maybe helps.

Thanks in advance
Richard

SleePy

Admin -> Posts and Topics -> Censor Words.

You can censor out the old ones with the new ones. It wont change anything in the database but it would work so the old topics can fade away as the new ones come in.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

karlbenson

you may  be able to use the find and replace mod.

But I'd backup everything first.

Richardson

Quote from: SleePy on August 10, 2007, 09:04:05 PM
Admin -> Posts and Topics -> Censor Words.

You can censor out the old ones with the new ones. It wont change anything in the database but it would work so the old topics can fade away as the new ones come in.
works. THANKS

RIchardson

Advertisement: