Private Messages Log?

Started by Darkness7148, May 31, 2007, 05:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkness7148

This is something I've noticed on my forum over the past few months. A new member registers and after a while, sends private messages to random people. Sometimes, the people they send messages to haven't even activated their accounts yet. It's not a bot or anything; each time it's a real person. Happened again today. There's an image verification in place on the pm page and I can't really disable the sending of private messages for new members because they usually have plenty of posts when they send random messages.

So the problem remains is that the only way I know when someone does this is if another member complains about it so...

Now, I know that showing private messages in the admin panel would be an invasion of privacy but what about a simple page that logs when private messages are sent, who from and who to? At least, then I'd have a fair idea of what's going on.

Kindred

No.

It has been stated before that SMF will never encourage someone to violate the privacy of PMs by creating or supporting anything like that.

if you really want the information, it is present in the database.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: