News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Simple Search error after upgrade to 1.1.3

Started by Jack van Dijk, June 26, 2007, 09:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack van Dijk

SMF Version: SMF 1.1.3
After having upgraded to 1.1.3 the simple search gives the following error:

8: Undefined index: brd
File: /home/.sites/28/site1/web/yabbse/Sources/Search.php
Line: 407

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jack

Oldiesmann

Search.php

Find
if (!is_array($_REQUEST['brd']) && !empty($_REQUEST['brd']))

Replace
if (!empty($_REQUEST['brd']) && !is_array($_REQUEST['brd']))
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

#Serseri

sharks

So, it IS a bug afterall :?

Thanks A LOT Oldiesmann. I had to turn off error log on my forum, to prevent flooding of the brd errors, every time that a member did a search on my forum.

cheers!

d1m0n

Dejv

Thank you oldiesman, this solved my problem as well! :)
SMF 1.1.20

Kursatu

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

That took my more than to half an hour work but solution was ready here.

saosangmo

After I upgrade to version 1.1.3 my forum display the below error

QuoteUnknown error
File: /home/congcumi/public_html/hty/Sources/Search.php
Lines: 1099

My forum has no mod on Search.php

plz help me!

saosangmo

After I upgrade to version 1.1.3 my forum display the below error

QuoteUnknown error
File: /home/congcumi/public_html/hty/Sources/Search.php
Lines: 1099

My forum has no mod on Search.php

plz help me!

shadow82x

Try reuploading /sources/search.php from a fresh install so you overwrite it with a clean file.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

saosangmo

I have been overwrite the Search.php but the error is the same

line 1090 -1099 in my search.php
               db_query("
                  INSERT IGNORE INTO {$db_prefix}" . ($createTemporary ? 'tmp_' : '') . "log_search_topics
                     (" . ($createTemporary ? '' : 'ID_SEARCH, ') . "ID_TOPIC)
                  SELECT " . ($createTemporary ? '' : $_SESSION['search_cache']['ID_SEARCH'] . ', ') . "t.ID_TOPIC
                  FROM (" . implode(', ', $subject_query['from']) . ')' . (empty($subject_query['left_join']) ? '' : "
                     LEFT JOIN " . implode("
                     LEFT JOIN ", $subject_query['left_join'])) . "
                  WHERE " . implode("
                     AND ", $subject_query['where']) . (empty($modSettings['search_max_results']) ? '' : "
                  LIMIT " . ($modSettings['search_max_results'] - $numSubjectResults)), __FILE__, __LINE__);

saosangmo

Can anyone explain what the above code do?

JoeJoomla

re: 8: Undefined index: brd

And also thank you Oldiesmann from me.

I have been using SMF 1.1.3 for awhile. This problem didn't show up until I did a reinstall this week due to removing an outdated arcade that was causing problems. Why didn't that error show up before?
joejoomla.com - Where Joomla! friends have fun and help each other

greyknight17

@saosangmo: Try replacing all the SMF files again and see if the error returns.

Pranav

spytrdr

Quote from: Oldiesmann on June 26, 2007, 09:11:47 AM
Search.php

Find

Replace

That fixed everyone's problems (mine too), it seems. If it's a coding error (bug), it's still present in 1.1.4, unfortunately.

Darknico

Italian SMF - Supporto Italiano per la board SMF - Ci trovate tutti li!! :)

nemesisAZTEK

Hi 1.1.4
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=976
-------

!!
Error with Package Install
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.
--------------
/Sources/Search.php

¿??

Kirby

Do you have another package installed affecting search?

SlowMo

I upgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 and do not see any search error.

In fact I cannot even install this mod.  The test fails and I cannot find the seach field in the search.php file...?

Does this mod apply to me at all?  Sorry for a stupid question

cferd

I checked out your mod and you have it set up to add code rather than 'replace'.

Kirby

I feel *very* dumb. Thank you very much cferd.
SlowMo, try the new version I just uploaded.

Gonad The Barbarian

I'm running SMF v1.1.4 and installed the latest version and I'm getting the "\sources\search.php" error message in the testing phase.

My error logs stay full because of the bug this fixes, so I'd really like to get it to work.  Any ideas?  I have no other mods that deal with searches, so I don't think any files have been modified that would deal with this.

Kirby

Did you uninstall the original package?
Can you attach your Search.php?

Gonad The Barbarian

I didn't install the older version.  Was I supposed to?  I've attached my search.php file, but it's never been modified, so it should be as it was "out of the box".

Kirby

Sorry about the late response. The section seems to be missing in your file. Upload this Search.php

Gonad The Barbarian

Gonad The Barbarian

That seems to have done the trick.  The test was successful and it seems the install completed without errors.  Thanks a bunch.

krackerjax

Out of curiosity, if it's a bug, which seems to have been since 1.1.3 at least, why hasn't SMF just integrated this in to 1.1.4?  I noticed this error while browsing through my admin error logs.  I just applied the mod to my 1.1.4 forum.  My forum is a fresh install of 1.1.4, that is, no upgrading from a previous version.

Btw, I just noticed that SMF tested the mod.  When it says "Test successful", does this mean that the SMF forum runs a test for possible conflicts/issues if you do proceed to install the mod?

greyknight17

Test successful means that the code edits were applied without any problems. The possible conflicts would be when a mod can not change the code in a certain file because it's different (possibly caused by another mod).

krackerjax

I don't believe that it was the bridge as the way the bridge works, it shouldn't afffect any files.  The only thing the bridge does and have the user database shared and it can skin my forum to look similar to my Subdreamer skin.

I did notice that after about 30 minutes I finally did receive the emails.  Therefore, it could have just been a delay on the part of the server.

husmen73 (Gulhin)

Search.php

Find

Replace
Anyone changed this codes in Turkish Board, then getting HTTP406 error page 2 of search results.

Web Site: http://exsehir.com/forum/index.php?action=search
Username:  deneme
Pass: deneme
-Kurumsal Kimlik Web Tasarım Hizmeti.
Gülhin Portal Sistemi hakkında yorumlarınızı bekliyorum.
SMF
Referanslar --> http://www.gulhin.com/referanslar-portfoy/
-Web Tasarımı ve Tema Tasarımı Sitesi www.gulhin.com
-TOPLU MAİL GÖNDERİMİ --> http://www.toplumailsms.com
E-Ticaret Sistemi yaptırmak mı istiyorsunuz?

Kirby

Please attach your Search.php.
The 406 error usually occurs because of your browser.

Prowler9

VeeDubbinMKIV

Thanks Oldiesmann!

Fixed my problem as well  :D :D :D

Yusuf

husmen73 (Gulhin)

-Kurumsal Kimlik Web Tasarım Hizmeti.
Gülhin Portal Sistemi hakkında yorumlarınızı bekliyorum.
SMF
Referanslar --> http://www.gulhin.com/referanslar-portfoy/
-Web Tasarımı ve Tema Tasarımı Sitesi www.gulhin.com
-TOPLU MAİL GÖNDERİMİ --> http://www.toplumailsms.com
E-Ticaret Sistemi yaptırmak mı istiyorsunuz?

Antechinus

Ok, question time. I'd like to install this mod as I'm getting the same search error.
Do I have to manually install it in all other themes apart from the SMF core?
We're currently giving members a choice of six themes.
If it makes any difference they are SMF Core, Enterprise, Helios, Tolkien, Outline and Blue Ace.
Of course these are all the latest TP versions of each theme and we're also running TP.
Mad if you don't.  ;)

Chriss Cohn

I have this error in 1.1.4 aswell...... why hasn't it removed in the 1.1.4 upgrade as it was already reported in 1.1.3 ?

Anyway thank you very much for the fix....

Regards, Christian

sproraty

Quote from: Aslanbek (husmen73) on December 03, 2007, 05:50:53 AM
Search.php

Find

Replace
Anyone changed this codes in Turkish Board, then getting HTTP406 error page 2 of search results.

Web Site: http://exsehir.com/forum/index.php?action=search
Username:  deneme
Pass: deneme

Teşekkür ederim yöneticim ;) sorunumla ilgilenmişssin ;) ama hala çözemedim. yarım ingilizcemle biraz derdimi anlatıyım :d

Search.php

Find

Replace

search.php folder is below. i  applied  the codes you gave but it gives the error "HTTP 406".

http://www.exsehir.com/forum/index.php?action=search2 you can try by searching "serkan".

i also applied the given modifications about this topic but it keeps giving errors.

i even reupload SMF 1.1.4 and also applied the codes you gave but the error keeps working.  :D

i searched on the web about the error "http 406" there are some info about  .htaccess file for example; <IfModule mod_security.c>
   SecFilterEngine Off
   SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>
we should add this code in to the .htaccess file.  but it didn't work.

the other option is enable "mod_rewrite" feature in the .htaccess file. but it also didn't work.

the last option problem may stem out from the lenght of the linking bar it's too long and this cause problem. i faced this problem in my own website and this is the link which i see. http://www.exsehir.com/forum/index.php?action=search2;params=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;start=25

while searching through all categories it gives the error but if i choose some spesific categories it works. the example for the situation is below

http://www.exsehir.com/forum/index.php?action=search2;params=YWR2YW5jZWR8J3wxfCJ8YnJkfCd8MTQxLDUsNCwyMCw1NHwifHNob3dfY29tcGxldGV8J3x8InxzdWJqZWN0X29ubHl8J3x8Inxzb3J0X2RpcnwnfGRlc2N8Inxzb3J0fCd8cmVsZXZhbmNlfCJ8c2VhcmNofCd8c2Vya2Fu;start=25

regards
sorularımda test olarak siteye baglanmak için ::  kullanıcı adı : deneme  şifre : deneme

sproraty

I tried too mant different combinations without changing the number of titles and subtitles. it permits to searching to the limit of 70 titles no matter the category but when the number reaches 71 it gives the error.  :D :D :D :D :D
sorularımda test olarak siteye baglanmak için ::  kullanıcı adı : deneme  şifre : deneme

sproraty

even  the ones who created smf can not find solution this problem. help me please!

Advertisement: