News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Need to get spell check working

Started by Travis, October 14, 2004, 05:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis

Hello,
The hard drive in the server that my site is on crashed and once my site was restored to the previous week, spell check wasn't working. What do I need to have them do to enable it again?

Thanks!
YEAH!! I FINALLY HAVE A SMF!!!

[Unknown]

Are you on a host that offers Cpanel, or another type of management console?  Which type?

Do you know what operating system your server runs? (if you don't know what sort of management console...)

-[Unknown]

mister

i am having a problem with spell check as well.  When i press the spell check button, i just get a blank screen.  I do use cPanel.  Is there something that i am doing wrong.  Any help would be great.  I would really like to use this feature. :)
[nofollow]

[Unknown]

Quote from: mister on February 21, 2005, 11:56:53 PM
i am having a problem with spell check as well.  When i press the spell check button, i just get a blank screen.  I do use cPanel.  Is there something that i am doing wrong.  Any help would be great.  I would really like to use this feature. :)

Sounds like you don't have the dictionaries installed....

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=19218.0

Please tell me what the "spell_test.php" gives you.

-[Unknown]

mister

I have downloaded the "spell_test.php" but i wont be able to upload it until later.  I will let you know what it says later.  Thanks for the help so far.
[nofollow]

mister

I have uploaded spell_test.php to my root and /forums directories (i wasn't sure if it mattered) and got a blank screen both times.  No errors, nothing.  Should there be something there?  What can i do now?

I have checked my phpinfo and found that pspell is enabled.
"PSpell Support    enabled"
[nofollow]

[Unknown]

Quote from: mister on February 23, 2005, 06:23:22 PM
I have uploaded spell_test.php to my root and /forums directories (i wasn't sure if it mattered) and got a blank screen both times.  No errors, nothing.  Should there be something there?  What can i do now?

I have checked my phpinfo and found that pspell is enabled.
"PSpell Support    enabled"

A blank screen is definitely bad.  Try:

<?php

if (!function_exists('pspell_new'))
   die(
'Ack!!');

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors''1');

// With some versions of Windows Aspell, the first spell check link returned is broken.
pspell_new('en');

// Now get one in earnest.
$test pspell_new('nl');

echo 
'<html>
<head>
<title>Spell Check Test</title>
</head>
<body>
<p>The spell checker thinks that &quot;mispelin&quot; is spelled '
pspell_check($test'mispelin') ? 'correctly' 'incorrectly''.<br />
It also thinks that &quot;machines&quot; is spelled '
pspell_check($test'machines') ? 'correctly' 'incorrectly''.</p>

<p>Check for error messages on this page; they should help identify any problems.</p>
</body>
</html>'
;

?>

Any help?

-[Unknown]

mister

Sorry it took so long for me to get back with the results.

But the script still does nothing.  It doesn't even load the title of the page.  When viewing the source code of the page i get:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><html><head><title></title></head><body></body></html>

When i press the help icon next to the spell check option in the Admin section, it says that it can work, but it doesn't.  :(
[nofollow]

Advertisement: