Previous topic - Next topic

karlbenson

ENGLISH BRITISH SPELLING OF CENTRE & COLOUR BBCODE v1.1
By Karl Benson

Link to Mod | Support Topic | Demo | Donate

Compatibility
For SMF 1.1.x and SMF 2.0 Beta x

Introduction
Why must we have to use the Americanized versions of words.  Red is a 'Colour', not a 'Color'.  And its 'Centre' not 'Center'. </sarcasm>
Its the English British (UK + International) spelling of the BBCode words.
So ok, we can't change html standards.  But this mod adds [colour] and [centre] to the list of bbcodes available.

Features
o Adds [colour][/colour] BBCode support (no button)
o Adds [centre][/centre] BBCode support (no button)
o Both can be disabled via Admin > Posts & Topics > Bulletin Board Code > Uncheck both Colour and Centre

Installation
Any previous versions of this mod need to be uninstalled prior to installing this version.

Install the mod via the SMF Package Manager, and your done. It installs on ALL themes automatically as it only affects Source files.

There are NO theme edits required and there are NO language strings to translate.

Useful Links
SMF Package Parser
Manual Installation Of Mods
How Do I Modify Files?

Donate
Has this modification helped you? Support the developer by Donating

Support
Please use the modification thread for support with this modification.
(Please don't ask me to do the edits for you)

Changelog
1.0 - 10th August 2007
o Initial release
1.1 - 9th February 2008
o Checked 2.0 compatible
o Updated readme

Daniel15

Best mod ever :)

QuoteRed is a 'Colour', not a 'Color'.  And its 'Centre' not 'Center'.
I totally agree :D
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

L.G.S

Finally a few aspects of SMF get spelled properly. :)
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

kateydrop

You know,

Many times I now forget how to English spell...haahahahahahaha!!!!!

;D ;D
"I am the way, the truth, and the life - no one comes to the father except through me.

L.G.S

You realise you're typing English? English is the language of England, so it should be this way ;)

www.gamesandgoals.com

ioszilla

Fun mod. IMO there's a benefit in getting used to "center" and "color" -- it's the web standard, obviously you don't spell the "colour, center" way in your css and html, do you?

Anyway I suggest this be incorporated into SMF 2.0 and thanks for the mod. :)

L.G.S

Quote from: wordzilla on August 11, 2007, 06:57:00 AM
Fun mod. IMO there's a benefit in getting used to "center" and "color" -- it's the web standard, obviously you don't spell the "colour, center" way in your css and html, do you?

Anyway I suggest this be incorporated into SMF 2.0 and thanks for the mod. :)

You still spelt centre wrong, lol.

www.gamesandgoals.com

ioszilla

L.G.S

What? Not in the context you was using it. You clearly (and grammatically, also) were referring to the English version of the word in that sentence. So it was in fact, wrong.

www.gamesandgoals.com

ioszilla

karlbenson

Lol, I knew it would be a fun mod to make. ;)

BTW, before I start a riot, I'm only half serious.

I'm using it just in case I resort back to my native spelling accidentally in posts.

I wonder, does the french version of smf use coloure? etc  (BBCode may be the final frontier when it comes to bbcode translation.

Daniel15

Quote from: wordzilla on August 11, 2007, 08:46:29 AM
* wordzilla admits his fault ;)
* Daniel15 wonders if wordzilla doesn't know about /me :P

QuoteI wonder, does the french version of smf use coloure?
I guess that'd be a good idea for multi-lingual boards - Have the BBCodes in different languages ;)
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.

karlbenson

^ indeed.

And while working on my latest mod, I also thought of breaking the html from the subs.php into a subs.template

(yes validate the bbcode in subs.php, but the <span class="bbcode">$1</span> part should be in a template??
Especially with more complex bbcode that is coming in.

karlbenson

I've just updated the mod and all references to it to reflect the 'new name' given to the mod.

Still 1.0 as there are no changes or reason to upgrade.

!enjoy!

Jarlaxe

at last spelling words properly... what gives America the right to mutate the English language? I mean most of the words in the English language are older than America has been a country.

karlbenson

Well technically both words are French anyway.

Anyways, just checking in with this mod and there are no outstanding support issues.

Daniel15

Quotethere are no outstanding support issues.
Were you expecting any? :P

karlbenson

Not with this mod. no ;)

But I'm going through every one of my mods bugfixing/improving.  As well as catching up with support questions/queries during my recent internet troubles.

Thankfully there wasnt anything to do with this mod.

My above post denoting the last time I checked this topic, so next time when potentially responding to support, I only have to go as far back as my last post.

Daniel15

QuoteBut I'm going through every one of my mods bugfixing/improving.
Heh, yeah, I'm in the process of doing the same thing, except I keep running out of time :P

QuoteMy above post denoting the last time I checked this topic, so next time when potentially responding to support, I only have to go as far back as my last post.
Ah, right... Makes sense. :)

TrueSatan

If I can be of help in fielding some of the queries for either of you feel free to let me know.

Advertisement: