SMF Secure Login

Started by 青山 素子, August 12, 2007, 03:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

青山 素子

Quote from: icoso on October 01, 2008, 09:53:01 PM
Dear Motoko-chan,

I am not trying to be difficult,  but where is this option located?  Under what menu and tab?

**snip**

Disable administration security  

It should be right below that item. Do you see anything, even a checkbox with blank text? Are you using a custom theme?
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

icoso

There is a check box with no text.   Should I check it?  If yes, then what ?

I just did an install from my Fantastico Suite in my CPanel then installed your SMF Secure Login.

Thanks.

青山 素子

Quote from: icoso on October 01, 2008, 10:43:00 PM
I just did an install from my Fantastico Suite in my CPanel then installed your SMF Secure Login.

Ah, you are probably using Fantastico's broken UTF-8 install (which doesn't install properly). I think that mod is from before I started adding install strings for UTF-8.

If you want the text, copy the lines from Modifications.english.php to Modifications.english-utf8.php.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

bfeo

Can you define the advantages of installing this mod?  I will be getting SSL in the near future.

青山 素子

It keeps any possible intermediaries from sniffing passwords. Some forums might want the extra security, others might not. Of course, if you are getting an SSL certificate for your site, or have one already, you probably already know if you want this mod.
Motoko-chan

bfeo

I had wanted it in the past, and seeing as I'm upgrading for the dedicated IP, and the ssl comes free, and I couldn't do it before because of this, I'm pretty sure I want.  :P

Ming the Merciless

I've been using this mod for a while, and it works great for me--I only have one problem, which is that my url differs from what is on the certificate. Shared hosting, the certificate uses the server name, and so it shows a warning, which confuses my users. Is there any way I can manually set the securescript url to match the certificate?

I'm using SMF 1.1.8
My forum is at hxxp:phorum.theworldaccordingtokang.com [nonactive]
The url I want to use for the secure login is hxxp:phorum.alphanum.server297.com/ [nonactive]

If this doesn't make sense, I can try to explain better.

青山 素子

You can edit the URL being built in QueryString.php. Open the file and do a search for "// Build the secure version of the string.".

The problem you'll probably run into is that the login is taking place on a completely different domain. Cookies and possibly the login itself won't carry over well if at all. (Cookies won't for sure.)
Motoko-chan

Ming the Merciless

Thank you for the help, Motoko-Chan. I'll evaluate my options and go from there.

Adan Enrique

and, could you make a HTTPS secure register mode in SMF? other sites as WL Hotmail they have this.

could you make this possible?

Thanks for all and great mod

Kellerassel

i want to translate the addon in german, because in the german admin panel there are only a box and no text. can you send me the text i need to translate? you can write via mail
admin(at)noge-clan(dot)menkisys(dot)net 

islam2hamy

nice mod,

Arabic translation attached .

Arabic Translator - Web Designer
My Mods / My Themes  //  GfxLand

Groovy™

Please update mod to RC5

青山 素子

I'll work on it as soon as I get the time. I know it's been a while, but I really do want to get it updated and working.
Motoko-chan

Jiggly Puff

Quote from: Groovy™ on May 03, 2011, 01:14:17 PM
Please update mod to RC5
Yes, please update this ASAP! I really need it!

青山 素子

I'll do it as soon as I have time. If you want to pay my salary for a few days so that I can take time off from my day job to update my modifications, I could probably them much faster.
Motoko-chan

Groovy™

If you already have time to visit a forum so often ... then please take some time to update the mod to RC5, because it really is very much needed :)
I hope you understand me

青山 素子

Quote from: Groovy™ on May 25, 2011, 03:17:21 PM
If you already have time to visit a forum so often ... then please take some time to update the mod to RC5, because it really is very much needed :)

There is replying to posts, then there is working on code. I have very busy days lately (debugging a WebORB Flash/FLEX and .NET application took up my day), and don't often feel much like continuing code when I get home.

As I said earlier:

Quote from: 青山 素子 on May 09, 2011, 01:12:55 AM
If you want to pay my salary for a few days so that I can take time off from my day job to update my modifications, I could probably get to them much faster.
Motoko-chan

wlchase

I had this mod installed quite a while back, say around SMF 1.1.11, then had multiple errors when I tried to update it, looked at the manual install and gave up.

Now I"m on 1.1.14, got the latest version of the mod and it still honked up the pre-install test, so I hunkered down with an editor and did it manually.

I can run with the forum accessed as "https" just fine, so the cert's working, but how can I tell that logins from http are secure? Can I get any indication?

Thanks for the mod, and any help!

Bill
Bill http://www.czfirearms.us  SysAdmin

Zuća

Advertisement: