News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Invisionfree/ActiveBoards/iPBfree

Started by nneonneo, August 13, 2007, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy A.

Can you point me to the exact Python download that I need?

nneonneo

Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

Randy A.

Got it.  Downloading now.

Will be working on getting the new smf site up this weekend.

Looking forward to the conversion.

I hope I have enough hair left! :)

nneonneo

Cool! If you run into any problems, or have questions, don't hesitate to post.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

Randy A.

Can't quite get the cookie data javascript.  I'm pasting "javascript:prompt('Your Cookie',document.cookie)" (without quotes) into the address bar, but it comes up 'null'.

nneonneo

When you hit "enter" in the location bar, it should pop up with a prompt box. Copy the info from that prompt (alternately, click "OK" rather than Cancel).

The reason I'm using a prompt box has to do with characters like "<" which may appear in cookies (encoded); these are only correctly represented in a prompt box.
spammers here!

Randy A.

Using IE7, pasting the above javascript into the address bar of my proboard, hit enter, no pop up box, just a page saying null.

Randy A.

Nneonneo - not sure if you'd be available this evening, but I'm off to a basketball game.  I'd love to get this conversion kicked off during the night.

I'll check back in after I get home.

Basically, I believe I have everything else ready, just need to get this cookie data figured out and I'm ready to try it.

nneonneo

Argh, Internet Explorer 7 pisses me off so much >:(

The solution to the problem?
javascript:document.cookie

(when you tried the previous technique, you probably got a blip, indicating that IE blocked some "malicious content" or some nonsense like that. I think IE7 is being paranoid)
spammers here!

Randy A.

So, if I'd use this with IE6 or FF, it would work better?  I'll try that too.

I used the new code and it only gives me the user and password, no cookie info.

I did not get a blip.

Randy A.

BTW, just used the old javascript in FF, got the same 'null' page.

Used your new java and just got the user and password, no cookie info.

nneonneo

User and password? That's the cookie.

It should look like
rand=abcdefghij; user=admin; pass=klmnopqrstuv

As for the prompt() javascript in Firefox, it works for me; I get a prompt box with the cookie in it. I've updated the converters to reflect the new javascript code.
spammers here!

Randy A.

I apologize then.  I have been waiting for the 'rand' part of it.  Duh!

Let me update the file and see if I can get it to run.

Randy A.

Ok, updated the file with the user and password.

Double clicked the 'members_topics_posts' --- a box comes up and closed so quick I can't see what it says.

nneonneo

Try the converter I just uploaded (you only need the members_topics_posts.py file).

I suspect that there is a syntax error in your settings.py file; I've updated the converter to let you know what the problem is.
spammers here!

Randy A.

Quote from: nneonneo on January 27, 2008, 11:37:12 AM
User and password? That's the cookie.

It should look like
rand=abcdefghij; user=admin; pass=klmnopqrstuv

As for the prompt() javascript in Firefox, it works for me; I get a prompt box with the cookie in it. I've updated the converters to reflect the new javascript code.

Ok, did I understand you right.

I should get all this info when running the script?

I'm only getting the user and password info, no 'rand' info.

nneonneo

rand is not important (I should actually note this!) as far as I can tell. When you use
javascript:document.cookie
out pops the username, password and _maybe_ a rand value.
spammers here!

Randy A.

Ok.  Thanks so much for your patience.

I'll update the new settings file and see how it goes.

Randy A.

Updated the settings file and I'm getting a syntax error, it appears line 11 & 12 are invalid. 

Randy A.

Would you mind if I sent the files to you for review?

Advertisement: