News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Table From CSV

Started by Anguz, October 27, 2004, 06:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill.Ramby

I too would appreciate this mod working for 1.1.2. Thanks.

Bill.Ramby

Lew Cipher

Version: SMF 1.1.2
Many mods installed

Kindred

Since this mod depends on other mods, which I do not believe have been updated for 1.1.2, and it's been requested a number of times with no repsonse, I believe that the answer is:

Sorry, no one is interested at this time....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bill.Ramby

I've got many tables that used the mod. I'll admit, I'm lazy and don't want to go back and put in all the td's, tr's, etc. It's a lot of work that would be automagically fixed by an updated mod. :'( :'( :'(

ianus

Greetings!

Sorry, no one is interested at this time....
Well, I don´t think so.
This "feature" is unique. There is no other board-software which offer this quick and easy way to include tables - not to mention the sortable kind. I´m astonished about the missing support.

So. Soon - bear with me.

Spam und Fake und Gejammer & CSV code
Preview: http://www.firopolis.de/forum/index.php/topic,835.0.html

I have to figure out how to set the divider [ | ] dynamically.
This line:
$fields   = explode("|",$curline);
Anybody?

and how to chance the table-color with some code like this:
$result .= "<tr class=\" $message [\'alternate\'] == 0 ? \'windowbg3\' : \'windowbg2\'\">";

Anybody?

Anguz

Updated to version 1.30 for SMF 1.1.3.

Sorry for making you guys wait so long. Enjoy the feature. :)
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

Tony Reid

Hey Thanks :)

Glad to have this back.
Tony Reid

Bill.Ramby

agridoc

Thank you Anguz  :)

It's an excellent mod, I missed it for quite a while.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod
Δeν αφιερώνω χρόνο για μηνύματα σε greeklish.

ianus

Greetings

First, thanks for the update. This mod is still one of the best improvements for SMF.
New user will enjoy it.

I put this message into code-tag after the reply of agridoc. So everybody could see what we talking about, but because my message based on a wrong assumption, it´s not  newsworthy anymore.
I´m not happy with it but it is obvious that some of my own code cause the problems.   

Some problems.
Firefox:
If I load the page with the table:
Table head color and color of the first row differs and the color of the second row is the same like the head.
Until this point, everything is correct.

The first klick (at a headline) activates the sortfunktion, as it should, but the second klick only change the colors (in a strange way) and not the contend.
The "strange change" happens, if some rows have the same contend.
Third click starts sorting content with correct colors for each line.

A minor problem is, that a "Tabstop" is not accepted as divider.

IE6:
Mod is not working with my IE. Maybe somebody can approve or decline it.

Opera:
Three klicks to start sorting, but colors behave correct.

[hr]
The benefit of your code is the free choice of the "divider" and the definition of the rowcolors in the css file.
The main benefits are,
[list]
[li]that it isn't necessary to write the closing tab directly after the last word of the table [/li]
[li]and that a closing bbcode is possible in the last line except of the strange color behaviour.[/li]
[/list]

[hr]
You can find [b]examples[/b] for this at
http://www.firopolis.de/forum/index.php/topic,835.msg3386.html#msg3386

Example 1 shows the problems with the activation of the sort function and if you klick to sort the last line (the x one), you will see the strange color sort.

Example 2 & 3 will show that bbcode in the last row will break the table while using my code.

[b]Guest can try it[/b] in the same thread.
Code example is given in example 1

[hr]
Please don't get me wrong. I love your work and – as mentioned before – I choose SMF because of your mod.
All this is to improve the mod and not to blame you!

[hr]
Imho it would be wonderful if the benefits of both codes could be merged.

BTW. What´s about SMF 2?  :-X

agridoc

ianus I see in the code of your page

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="http://www.firopolis.de/forum/Themes/default/ownsorttable.js"></script>

I don't know where this comes from, maybe interfering with sorttable.js?

You can see a big table working example in
http://www.aeromodelling.gr/ForumS/index.php?topic=986.msg7253#msg7253

You can try the mod as a guest in http://www.aeromodelling.gr/ForumS/index.php?language=english&topic=44.0
Add reply.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod

ianus

Greetings!

Thanks for your answer!

I have a bookmark to
http://www.aeromodelling.gr/ForumS/index.php/topic,250.0.html
One of the best examples for this mod in use imho.

After I noticed the problems with the new Version the first way lead me to your board and after that I have a sleepless night.

The js you have found in my source offers the same like the one from anguz, but the code is different. But you are right, this could cause the problem – but unfortunately not.
(I deleted the code and the file to be sure.)

I installed a second SMF to do some experiments and there the mod is working flawlessly.
So I think I have some flawed code elsewhere and I search for faults already.

Thanks for your attention.

To make my position clear again. I never ever noticed problems with Anguz mods before and the examples in the aeromodelling – board are a perfect demonstration for the function.

agridoc

ianus, Anguz wants to know possible bugs or, more probably, possible conflicts with other mods.

There are quite a few mods for SMF, adding many of them may produce conflicts in code, making them or SMF not working properly.

More experienced users may add some extra code, themes vary in code, so wide use might  show some problems, in specific cases, that may be overcomed with a change of code in the mod or in combination with other mods.

P.S. Thank you for your comments on my board, it's true that, because of the nature of the interest, makes sometimes an extensive use of Table From CSV mod.

It also works perfectly in combination with Tiny Portal in blocks and articles.

agridoc

Good news for this excellent mod by Anguz, the code is compatible with SMF 2.0 beta 1   8)

Package install of the current version for SMF 1.1.3 will inform you that the installation failed for index.template.php. I proceeded and did the code add in index.template.php manually. It works perfectly.

The install code for 1.1.3 in TableFromCsv1-30.mod is
Quote<edit file>
$themedir/index.template.php
</edit file>

<search for>
   <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/script.js?fin11"></script>
</search for>

<add after>
   <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/sorttable.js"></script>
</add after>

this for SMF 2.0 Beta 1 should change to
Quote<edit file>
$themedir/index.template.php
</edit file>

<search for>
   <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/scripts/script.js?rc2p"></script>
</search for>

<add after>
   <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/sorttable.js"></script>
</add after>

SMF 2.0 Beta 1 is available now only for Charter members. Anguz will decide when he will release a new version of Table from CSV.

Until then, Charter members that have access to SMF 2.0 Beta 1 and want a test can either install the existing version and add the changes to index.template.php manually or unzip the mod, edit TableFromCsv1-30.mod, rezip and install from the modified mod file.

Don't do this unless you know what you are doing and use it at your own risk.

I don't use the Beta in any working SMF site but it's good to know about this compatibility.

Many thanks again to Anguz for this excellent mod.  ;)

rjscott

I just "found" this fantastic mod and it will really be useful on my forum.
Quick questions-
1. Should there be an icon in the editor for this or does the user use the default table button and then add the = into the tag?
2. I added csv (MS-DOS) content between the tags and the resulting data line up properly however there are no background colors visible. Any ideas for me to start investigating?
3. On one csv the sorting works, on another, only the first 2 column headers will sort and clicking on the others simply reloads the page. My first guess is that something in the csv is odd but I don't know where to start looking. Any suggestions?
RJ Scott

agridoc

1. There is no special icon, as said, use the table icon and add the =(optional separator).

2 and 3. I have large tables in my site and they work OK. If you use another theme check the changes you might have done manually. Background colors and sorting need changes in index.template.php and style.css of the theme.

rjscott

Quote from: agridoc on September 28, 2007, 09:21:25 AM
1. There is no special icon, as said, use the table icon and add the =(optional separator).

2 and 3. I have large tables in my site and they work OK. If you use another theme check the changes you might have done manually. Background colors and sorting need changes in index.template.php and style.css of the theme.
Agridoc- thanks for the information. I had a feeling that is due to template settings. I'm also using the JSMF bridge and picking up styles from the web site it's integrated with so who knows what's going on. ;-)
RJ Scott

Anguz

rjscott, would you provide a link to examples of tables where you're having trouble? Or have you fixed them already? Sorry for not noticing your post before.

agridoc, thank you for the help you provide to others with this mod. I really appreciate it.
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

rjscott

Quote from: Anguz on October 02, 2007, 01:42:30 AM
rjscott, would you provide a link to examples of tables where you're having trouble? Or have you fixed them already? Sorry for not noticing your post before.

agridoc, thank you for the help you provide to others with this mod. I really appreciate it.
Oddly enough, it seems to have started working, all by itself... :quizical look:
I'm PM'in you with login information so you can take a look around because there is some "odd" behavior.
RJ Scott

Advertisement: