News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Make sure people read the registration agreement.

Started by Tristan Perry, October 31, 2004, 12:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tristan Perry

Quote from: rickc on December 15, 2004, 08:40:17 PM
Great, now I can add the part about owning their sole & it will all be legal ;D j/k

BTW I looked @ your forum & it didn't show the names, just the karma, its this because I wasn't logged in?
Your welcome  :) Also the thing about the karma: I didn't know that'd happen! I'll fix it when I can  :)

modtang

Blast from the past..... I know it's an old thread but this is a great code. I know no one reads my user agreement so I've just installed this. I'm using v1.0.5 and I needed to change the following:

<a href="'.dirname().'index.php?action=register">

to

<a href="/index.php?action=register">

If your board isn't installed in the root directory you need to account for that too (ie. add the path after the /).

Han

Sorry for kicking up this old topic but I like to implement this mod in my "SMF 1.1 RC 2" forum.
I adjusted the file "register.template.php". No problem there.

Now I want to adjust the file "register.php" and I'm looking for the line // No name?! How can you register with no name? but that line isn't there.

Where to put the code I have to add there?

Tristan Perry

No problem, try searching for the following instead:

Quote// Collect all extra registration fields someone might have filled in.

Thanks,
Tau Online

Han

Great it works  :D

Thank you very much Tau Online !!

Han

I tested the mod and it works fine. Also the link to return to the registration-page works fine.
Just a little problem occured. My error logs shows this when the mod has done it's work.

2: Wrong parameter count for dirname()
Bestand: /home/....../public_html/forum/Sources/Register.php
Regel: 154

Han

Problem solved  :)

This line in register.php created my problem :
Klik <a href="'.dirname().'index.php?action=register">hier</a> om opnieuw te registreren.',false);

I replaced it by this:
Klik <a href="http://www.pcnavigator.nl/forum/index.php?action=register">hier</a> om opnieuw te registreren.',false);

SeaOfSin

Quote from: Han on February 05, 2006, 01:13:53 PM
Problem solved  :)

This line in register.php created my problem :
Klik <a href="'.dirname().'index.php?action=register">hier</a> om opnieuw te registreren.',false);

.dirname should be $scripturl

Klik <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=register">hier</a> om opnieuw te registreren.',false);

Han

Tristan Perry

Ah thanks - I've never been 100% sure what variable to use. I've updated the first post to use $scripturl instead.

carpnick

// Collect all extra registration fields someone might have filled in.

I cannot find this line in Register.php inside the sources directory, am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,
Nick

Tristan Perry

Okay I've updated my first post so this will work with SMF 1.0.

bugsmi0

what a waste of tme reading registration agreement nothing but blah blah as if reading it will force you to follow the rules ha ha

Cottelletje

|| Leonardo Dicaprio is the Hottest Man Alive Believe Me ||

Cottelletje

people it now works but the link to go back to register doesn't work for me
i copied the register.php to the theme i use but that link doesn't work
'.$scripturl.'index.php?action=register this seems to be the link url is that right? :P
|| Leonardo Dicaprio is the Hottest Man Alive Believe Me ||

LuckyOne

I really like the idea of 'forcing' new members to read the registration agreement, so I thought I'd give your tip/trick a go ... but now I've managed to screw up my registration process.

I'm fairly certain that I edited everything correctly, uploaded them to the proper places, etc., but when I did a test registration, I received the following error:

An Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to access this section 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  (I'm using version 1.0.7.)  Thank you.

-LuckyOne

Tristan Perry

Are you sure you followed the correct part - i.e. you searched for "// Trim any whitespace from the username." and not "// Collect all extra registration fields someone might have filled in."?

Sorry although I'm off on holiday in a matter of hours and so will be little help at the moment :-[

I can't really see where this would change things so that the registration cycle is broken.. I know this is old however I can remember testing it on 1.0(.4?) and it worked alright.

Actually, could you try changing the following:

In /Sources/Register.php
Find:

<br /><br />Please click <a href="', $scripturl, 'index.php?action=register">here</a> to re-register.',false);

Replace with:

<br /><br />Please click <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=register">here</a> to re-register.',false);

I think I messed the link back URL - it shouldn't have included the "index.php". If that doesn't work, I'd suggest just uninstalling this until I come back and can look into this further (I'll be back Saturday).

LuckyOne

Quote from: Tau Online on July 11, 2006, 05:22:12 AM
Actually, could you try changing the following:

In /Sources/Register.php
Find:

<br /><br />Please click <a href="', $scripturl, 'index.php?action=register">here</a> to re-register.',false);

Replace with:

<br /><br />Please click <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=register">here</a> to re-register.',false);

I think I messed the link back URL - it shouldn't have included the "index.php". If that doesn't work, I'd suggest just uninstalling this until I come back and can look into this further (I'll be back Saturday).

Thank you for the response!

Well, I did what you said and now we're a bit closer to the end result.  This time I get the following error:

An Error Has Occurred!

Congratulations! You just broken the Official World record for speed-reading!
Actually, we know you didn't read the forum rules, so please do so before continuing.

Please click <a href="

-LuckyOne

PrizeLive.com

Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

eriktm

Advertisement: