News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Tiny Portal

Started by pugcabclub, July 28, 2009, 07:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pugcabclub

Hi

Ive got smf 1.1.10 installed and until recently tinyportal 0.983, I then tried to upgrade to TP 1.083, But  the old version didnt uninstall properly and as such it has left me problems with the Tp side of the site, ( I cannot edit or add articles or blocks), Ive asked questions on the tiny portal site, but cant get a resolution.

What are my options, To resolve this without losing to much data from my site, Ie. Can i remove certain folders in the cpanel, and re-install TP Or another portal.

Can I have fresh install of smf and install the a back up of the database and then install a portal ?

May, be worth pointing out im not an expert at this and use smf/tp for ease of use

Any ideas please  :-[ :-[

bloc

The best way is too simply upload fresh SMF files(upgrade files) and do the upgrade(even if its the same version). Then you upload TP 1.0. beta and run t. It should find and use existing TP data.

pugcabclub

Quote from: Bloc on July 28, 2009, 01:23:06 PM
The best way is too simply upload fresh SMF files(upgrade files) and do the upgrade(even if its the same version). Then you upload TP 1.0. beta and run t. It should find and use existing TP data.

I removed tp1.0

Installed smf 1.1.10 and
and then re-installed tp.1.0 But on the install i got the following error message

1.     Extract Tree     ./Themes     
2.    Extract Tree    ./Sources    
3.    Extract Tree    ./tp-downloads    
4.    Extract Tree    ./tp-images    
5.    Extract Tree    ./tp-files    
6.    Execute Code    tp_install.php    
7.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test failed
9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/babylon/index.template.php    Test successful
11.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed
12.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test failed
13.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Security.php    Test successful
14.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Errors.php    Test successful
15.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Help.template.php    Test successful
16.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Profile.php    Test successful
17.    Execute Modification    ./SSI.php    Test successful
18.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/BoardIndex.php    Test successful
19.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/QueryString.php    Test successful
20.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Post.php    Test successful
21.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test failed
22.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Post.php    Test successful

bloc

You don't actually have to un-install TP 1 if you upload fresh SMF files. Any modding from TP is then wiped out and you can run the TP install again.

I suspect old modding from the first TP1 didn't got removed properly, thus re-install failed because it can't find the exact code to modify.

pugcabclub

Any Ideas of how to rectify this :( :( :( :(

bloc

Yes, get a fresh index.template.php from default theme(from an SMF upgrade package) and re-upload it, then run TP install again.

Sorry: upload all files from an SMF upgrade since also some others failed.

pugcabclub

Ok, but not being to clever on this, where can i get just the , index.template.php from

Do i just load it through the package file?
Do i need to save all my tp articles somewhere first ,
Do I need to remove the tp first as well.... 

Sorry for all the questions  ;) ;)

bloc

No, through ftp. You only need to do this:

- Download the upgrade zip file for SMF 1.1.10 from this site, unpack it and upload it into your site.

- Then run "upgrade.php" and wait for it to finish.

- Then you can install the TP package, upload it through package manager this time. :)

pugcabclub

I Have downloaded the zip and extracted it into via ftp and it has removed all the mods , but I cannot find a " Upgrade php" anywhere but in a red warning box on the home page it says MAJOR SECURITY RISK:
You have not removed upgrade.php! what now ? Please

bloc

pugcabclub

Done that, but still no joy.....

Ok. What ive done today...Ive got my host to set up a test forum and ive gone into that and uploaded TP 1.0 beta 4 Made some blocks and articles and everything works grest, as it should , So this confirms that I am doing every thing as I should, So now what can I do ?

A. Is it possible to re-create my forum onto the test site(I.e all the blocks and artciels )  and then is it possible to upload  my current  smf database,. Is this Possible , and would it resolve the issue ?

B. Is there anyway of comparing  the two sites side by side to find out where the issue lies ? and then alter the origanal site

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

bloc

You can upload in that way yes, but paths have to be corrected if you do ALL the SMF+TP tables. Uploading just the TP tables should work fine though, as they use whatever path and tag /tp-files or /tp-images onto it.

Comparing is possible: dl the site, then use something like Beyond Compare to see what files are different. The SMF and TP files should be the same.

pugcabclub

Ok Tried reload the smf files again , as I dont think I did it right first time, And it totally crashed my site, It put into maintaince mode and I couldnt get any access anywhere....I had to get my host to upload the back ups it does and lost a days worth of posts.....

Anybody how to resolve this or willing to give it a go please

Kill Em All

Thats why you should of backed up. As long as you follow the Upgrade SMF instructions, you should be fine. Read them first then follow each step again.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

pugcabclub

I did A back up, but i couldnt even access my cpanel, so had to get the host to use there back ups

JBlaze

Hello, just going through some old support topics. Do you still require assistance with this issue?
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

pugcabclub

My host suspended my account last night due to what they say is a script loop, generating 6000 errors in 2 secounds, the site has now closed down

Kill Em All

Quote from: pugcabclub on August 09, 2009, 04:10:39 AM
My host suspended my account last night due to what they say is a script loop, generating 6000 errors in 2 secounds, the site has now closed down
you should probably switch hosts then. I find that Bluehost.com is really good.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: