MAMBO: integrated login - correct path?

Started by marcnyc, November 05, 2004, 06:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcnyc

Hello,
first I wanted to double-check with you that in MOS+SMF integration we are supposed to use the new login module provided by Orstio's brdige INSTEAD of the regular SMF login that is called when the ssi_login() function from the SSI.php file is called. Is this correct?

secondly, I wanted to ask what the right path is for the new integrated login provided by Ortsio's module:
is it:
mambo/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=&?action=mambo_login
?
or is it:
mambo/index.php?option=com_smf_registration&task=register
?

The former is the one that comes out in the actual code of the integrated log in module so I would think this is the one, but Ortsio's readme file says that we should replace the SMF log in in the SMF template with the latter. Since they look very different (even the main variable option has a different value) I wanted to make sure.

Thanks Ortsio for the awesome job you have done in developing this bridge!

Orstio

Quotefirst I wanted to double-check with you that in MOS+SMF integration we are supposed to use the new login module provided by Orstio's brdige INSTEAD of the regular SMF login that is called when the ssi_login() function from the SSI.php file is called. Is this correct?

If you wish for people to login to both SMF and Mambo at once, that is correct.

Quotesecondly, I wanted to ask what the right path is for the new integrated login provided by Ortsio's module:

Right path for the module?  Just publish it, from your Mambo admin panel.

marcnyc

Quote from: Orstio on November 05, 2004, 07:15:25 AM
Right path for the module? Just publish it, from your Mambo admin panel.

I was asking which is the right path in the <form> tag because the two paths that I have copied here are different and one comes from the MOS+SMF integrated login <form> tag while the other one is what your readme recommends changing the <form> to, unless I have misinterpreted it...

Orstio

I think you are getting confused between the registration and the login.

If you do not want your users to use the SMF-only login that appears in the SMF theme, you need to change login2 to mambo_login in index.template.php.

If you want to have a link to the registration in your Mambo main menu, you need it to say "task=register", and not "Itemid=##".  I added this instruction, because some people were just adding it as a component link to their main menus, and the registration script had no action to know what to do, so it did nothing.

marcnyc

Nevermind, sometimes I make things out to seem more complicated than they actually are. Yes I was confused. I though your readme file was referring to the form tag action url as opposed to the query url for the links

Ride

Does anybody know how to keep people from going to the forum directly?  When people go to http://www.ridesocal.com/forum I want it to redirect them somehow to http://www.ridesocal.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,41/

Know what I'm saying?

Orstio

If you're on an Apache server, you can simply add this to your .htaccess:

Redirect /forum http://www.ridesocal.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,41/

Ride

Anyway to NOT have the avatar show up on the login form?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: