News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Brigde SMF & MediaWiki

Started by Snakehit, September 21, 2007, 10:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

surra

Got error in editing, after integration:
QuoteYour edit has been rejected because your client mangled the punctuation characters in the edit token. The edit has been rejected to prevent corruption of the article text. This sometimes happens when you are using a buggy web-based anonymous proxy service.
What can be wrong?
world is mushroom forest

Snakehit

Quote from: surra on October 24, 2007, 04:54:24 AM
Got error in editing, after integration:
QuoteYour edit has been rejected because your client mangled the punctuation characters in the edit token. The edit has been rejected to prevent corruption of the article text. This sometimes happens when you are using a buggy web-based anonymous proxy service.
What can be wrong?

This problem has nothing to do with the bridge. I think you have the wrong charset (because the error is about characters) in your localsetting.php. Where do you get this errror? What exactly do you do... (Did you have the error before the integration?)

More information would be nice

surra

Yes - I've got this message right after integration.
Changing languages did not give any positive outcome. SMF is 1.1.4, MediaWiki 1.11.0.
Can't edit/add anything to anywhere - gives always this error.

BTW - I can't logout from MediaWiki, drops to http://stonia.net/index.php?action=logout;sesc=fb5ff9dcdb88f67a3035c52fbc1a01c1 [nofollow] and gives "Not Found The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server."
world is mushroom forest

Snakehit

and how is your directory structure (where wiki folder, where smf folder)? if it can't find the index.php page...

What is the url to your forum?

surra

It's in http://stonia.net/koda/index.php [nofollow]
Quote from: LocalSettings.php# This requires the link to SMF API.
$wgSMFPathAPI= "../koda/smf_api.php";    # The smf_api.php file can be download from SMF website and must be placed in rootdir of your forum)
$wgSMFPathSSI= "../koda/SSI.php";       # The SSI.php file (watch capitals!) (normally in your rootdir of your forum)

Integrated login itself seems to work nice ... only don't allow edit or add.
world is mushroom forest

surra

world is mushroom forest

Snakehit

Where is your Wiki running and where is your SMF running?
I want to see the directory structure...

surra

world is mushroom forest

Snakehit

Ok, then your Localsettings.php are correct running... (check the database if there are users in the mw_users table?).. Otherwise, i suggest a new install..

Maby try this (in Localsettings.php)
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = true;

surra

Replacing
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = false; # Specify who may create new accounts: 0 means no, 1 means yes
with
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = true;
did not help.
world is mushroom forest

Snakehit

check the database if there are users in the mw_users table?

Paracelsus

Snakehit,

Om my wiki testing domain, whenever I'm logged in as "Always" in SMF and log out from the Wiki using exit button, I notice that it doesn't log out from SMF as I think it should.

Is there some way to tackle this or should we just skip the use of that button?

Snakehit

Quote from: Paracelsus on November 02, 2007, 10:10:41 AM
Snakehit,

Om my wiki testing domain, whenever I'm logged in as "Always" in SMF and log out from the Wiki using exit button, I notice that it doesn't log out from SMF as I think it should.

Is there some way to tackle this or should we just skip the use of that button?

Hi,

You can download the upgrade file here
http://www.snakehit.be/Downloads/SMF_Authentication.zip

In the package there is a new file (LogInOut.php) normally your problem should be fixed.

surra

Quote from: Snakehit on October 30, 2007, 01:14:55 PM
There is table named wiki111user (with users):
Quotemysql> select user_name from wiki111user;
+-----------+
| user_name |
+-----------+
| Mart      |
| Tank      |
| WikiSysop |
| surra     |
| tank      |
+-----------+
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)
world is mushroom forest

Snakehit

Quote from: surra on November 05, 2007, 04:15:21 AM
Quote from: Snakehit on October 30, 2007, 01:14:55 PM
There is table named wiki111user (with users):
Quotemysql> select user_name from wiki111user;
+-----------+
| user_name |
+-----------+
| Mart      |
| Tank      |
| WikiSysop |
| surra     |
| tank      |
+-----------+
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

You have input in your table, that means that the extension of MediaWiki works. (The SMF_Authentication extension add users from the SMF database to the MW database when they connect to the wiki)

Do you have other extensions installed?

surra

world is mushroom forest

Snakehit

surra

Sorry, overworked ...

You mean $wgFileExtensions = array('png','gif','jpg','jpeg','wmz','mm' ,'doc','xls','pdf');?
There is FreeMind's *.mm (mindmap) as additional extension in http://stonia.net/wiki/extensions/ [nofollow]
world is mushroom forest

Snakehit

Maby the problem is the extension Freemind? Try to delete the extension and try again, maby this will fix your problem?

Corrupter

Snakehit i consider myself to be atleast intelligent enough to do a few things on the web, after doing a fresh install of SMF and a fresh install of mediawiki 2 times and following your instructions to the letter both times i've come to the conclusion that the documentation you have written on your mediawiki topic are lacking a bit and could use some work, might you have the time to update the installation information i just know more people would take advantage of this bridge.

until then it seems like i wont have a mediawiki integrated with my smf forum.

I do want to thank you however for writing this bridge for the few of us that have it working properly.  Keep up the good work.

Advertisement: