[Deprecated, use Aeva] YouTube BBCode v2.6

Started by Nao 尚, September 27, 2007, 05:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian ekiM

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on November 10, 2009, 05:18:16 PM
Right click on the place where the button is supposed to show up, and copy the URL... Then upload the file so that it appears at this place ;)

I did what you said. The youtube.gif is in the same folder, but it's still not showing up as a bbcode button.

Quote from: karlbenson on September 29, 2007, 09:48:36 PM
No YouTube Button whatsoever

You need to perform a manual edits listed by the mod (listed under Manual Edits)

Where do I find this and how do I do this!?

Nao 尚

Please attach a zipped HTML copy of your post page.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Guardian ekiM

My post page? What do you mean?

I looked in the theme and found no Post page; however, I did find a Post.template.php in the default theme.

See Attached.

Nao 尚

The page where you're supposed to see your button.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Guardian ekiM

Edited my previous post and accidentally attached it twice...

Nao 尚

I'm asking for the page in context, not for the template... I need to see your URLs within the file...

Guardian ekiM

If you're talking about my website Forums, it's located at:
http://dnxgames.com/forums

Also, I've noticed the YouTube button isn't working with the core theme for 2.0 RC2 either as shown here

http://test.rmxd.net/forums_smf

Nao 尚

RC2 I don't know, I haven't been playing with this mod ever since it was transferred to me. I'm trying to figure out whether I should turn it into an Aeva Lite (basically, Aeva + YouTube only, no sitelist), or Aeva Lite (as described) + the YouTube button. I don't like adding buttons for simply embedding an URL... Plus, it would conflict with Aeva Media (the upcoming merging of Aeva and SMG, which will allow Aeva to benefit from many new features inherited from SMG.)

As for your forum -- again, I need a copy of your file. I don't want to open an account just to test... Or send me an account that can post on your forum.

Guardian ekiM

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on November 12, 2009, 06:44:25 PM
As for your forum -- again, I need a copy of your file. I don't want to open an account just to test... Or send me an account that can post on your forum.

As for the file that you keep mentioning, I have NO IDEA what the heck you're talking about. Meanwhile, I'll send you account information via PM for each site so you can check it out.

Guardian ekiM

I think I'll just download Aeva package instead since it supports 2.0 RC2.

Thanks anyway...

Nao 尚

I'm all for it. I see no reason to use a mod that only supports YouTube. Plus, with Aeva you're getting many more features.

Guardian ekiM

Aeva ROCKS!!! Awesome mod, mate!

Nao 尚

Eheh, thanks.
May I ask why you tried to install this mod before going the Aeva road?

Nao 尚

leftezi

Quote from: Inter on November 14, 2009, 03:03:01 PM
8)

Thanks.   :)
Works fine with SMF 2.0 RC2 and Curve theme. Even the button is installed automatically.

Nao 尚

Why do you need a button in the first place?

Does anyone read my posts?!

leftezi

You don't have to explain to inexperienced users what to do to embed a youtube video in their messages. You just say "push the button and paste the code".

Nao 尚

You just say "Paste the code" and that's all...
The button is pretty useless now with Aeva being around for quite some time.

Yahmez

Hey Nao... Thanks for this mod, and the Media Gallery too. It's one of my favorite. It's cool that you are merging the Avea mod W/ SMG... I'm looking forward to it.

I have one question for you though. I am looking at removing the YouTube BBC mod and install AVEA, and I know when I do I will be left with hundreds or thousands of posts with non functional youtube links in them. Is there a simple way to remove the [youtube] codes from all of the posts?

I saw your conversion script and looked at it, can I edit it to simply delete the bbc without replacing anything? I'm no programmer but I think I might be able to figure that out. Anyways thanks again.

Nao 尚

Aeva supposedly successfully ignores youtube tags when installed, IIRC. (If I'm wrong, please tell me because I've never looked into it.)
Also, as you mentioned, there's Karl's conversion script (aeva_convert_old_bbcodes.php)
Just use it :) You don't need to rename anything, it deals with all tag names.

Advertisement: