News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Version checking problem with the Package Manager

Started by Kays, October 13, 2007, 11:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kays

SMF 1.1.4

I had installed the Magic Llama mod on a clean test board. Which it did incorrectly and had me scratching my head for quite a while..

This mod has a install for 1.1 RC2 and a separate install for higher versions. Rather than installing for 1.1.4, it did the install for 1.1 RC2. If I checked it on a 1.1.1 board or changed "$forum_version" in index.php to 1.1.3 it will install properly. Below is the code from package-info.xml

<install for="1.1 RC2">
<modification type="file" format="boardmod">Magic_Llama_mod_0.8.mod</modification>
</install>
<uninstall for="1.1 RC2">
<readme type="inline">This will uninstall all the changes made by this mod.
</readme>
<modification type="file" format="boardmod" reverse="true">Magic_Llama_mod_0.8.mod</modification>
</uninstall>

<install for="1.1 RC3, 1.1 - 1.1.99">
<code>llamas_db.php</code>
<modification type="file" format="xml">llamas.xml</modification>
<require-file name="NewSMFfiles/Sources/LlamaKeeper.php" destination="$sourcedir" />
<require-file name="NewSMFfiles/Themes/default/MagicLlama.template.php" destination="$themedir" />
<require-file name="NewSMFfiles/MoveObj.js" destination="$themedir" />
<require-file name="NewSMFfiles/Themes/default/images/golden_llama2.gif" destination="$imagesdir" />
</install>

I then uploaded two other older mods as a test. One mod for 1.1 Beta Public didn't show an install link. But the Signature Settings mod which is only for 1.1.1 did show an install link and would install. Which is something I thought it was not suppose to do.

<install for="1.1.1,1.1,1.1 RC3">

I also checked on my live install which is 1.1.1 upgraded to 1.1.4 and get the same behaviour.

Did something get broke in 1.1.4?

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

SleePy

Try a install code like this:
<install for="1.1 RC3,1.1,1.1.1-1.1.99">

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Kays

But why will that mod install properly on SMF 1.1.3 and not on SMF 1.1.4? Even if the order did matter it should of ignored the install for 1.1 RC2. That mod shoulld install the same way for both versions.

Also, unless it's been changed, the Package Manager shouldn't allow a mod for an older version to install. Which is what it's doing with the Signature Settings mod.

I still think that something is not quite right with the Package Manager.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

SleePy

Nothing changed. So I wouldn't know why it gave up. but both of them are incorrect formats. The one I posted is a correct version.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: