General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perspective

I'm in SMF 1.1.12 as I said already.. and I'm using version 1.4c of Aeva.

Eyesman

Hello,

I have smf v.1.1.12 and I have installed the SMF Gallery mod.

If I install the Aeva Media will I lose the photos in my existing smf gallery? It's not the SMF Media Gallery. Just SMF Gallery mod.

If i need to uninstall it will I loose the photos?

Thank you.

Arantor

The two do not use the same database so you can't just switch one out for the other.

Eyesman

So if I install the Aeva Media I will still have the SMF gallery and Aeva Media too? So then I can transfer the photos from the SMF gallery into Aeva and then uninstall the SMF gallery. Right?

Arantor

I guess you could do that. Never tried it, never wanted to, if nothing else because I'm not allowed to build a converter from SGL/SGP to AeMe.

Eyesman

Saxtus

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I can't find a way to auto-embed picasaweb images.
Also I don't see Picasa at "Aeva Sites" options.

Is it supported? How to embed a picture or album in a post?

Kindred

if it's not listed, then it's not supported.  you would have to create your own entry
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Saxtus

Spoogs

Saxtus

Oh well, was enough to confuse me.
I guess support for picasaweb was dropped for some reason.

Thanks for clarifying and sorry for the inconvenience, but searching this thread didn't show when that happened.

YogiBear

SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

aedlion

No, YogiBear.
I still need to set auto-resizing for videos.

YogiBear

I've been through the settings but can't see how this can be done unless someone can change some of the coding. I'll keep a lookout though in case someone has found a a way to do this.

Eyesman

Hello again,

I have installed Aeva Media 1.4 - I think - and then I have uninstalled it. I have noticed that in the Admin -> Configuration -> Features and Options I can see the Aeva and Aeva Sites buttons on the toolbar. When I click on them I get the following:
"Server error.

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://domain_name.com/forum/index.php?action=featuresettings;sa=aeva;sesc=2e109c96d5e8a91e87953724409b6f6a. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
More information on this error"

So I guess it didn't uninstall correctly. How do I remove the remaining stuff? I will install again the Aeva Media 1.4 as soon as I remove the left overs.

I'm using smf v.1.1.12 with the default theme.

Thanking you in advance.

Joazo

I have problems when I try to unistall the theme. How can I unistall it manually?

YogiBear

@ Eyesman : can you post what other mods you have installed? I'm taking a guess but is one of them a chat mod?

@Joazo : can you be more precise? Do you mean you see an error relating to Aeva when trying to install a theme? The rule-of-thumb is to install a theme before you install any mods. In your case uninstall all mods then install your theme then re-install the mods.

Eyesman

Hi YogiBear,

Please find attached my mods installed. Nope, I don't have a chat mod.

TheListener

I believe I have spotted the problem.

You have the smf gallery lite installed which is different to aeva.

You also have the advanced contact form mod installed twice.

Also the youtube mod is not necessary with aeva installed as aeva does it for you,

Eyesman

If I remove the smf gallery lite will I loose the photos in it? I want to uninstall it and install the Aeva.

Advertisement: