News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Advance SEF URLs

Started by Biology Forums, October 31, 2007, 09:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

briggz5d

I installed this mod on my 1.1.12 - English - the options didn't show, just check boxes. checked the last box and..that was my greatest nightmare lol. took me bout an hour to figure out the settings.php reset thing. I was sooo pissed. and u guys know what down time does to forums tryin to grow.

anyways.. i think this mod has way too many issues to be tried by Noobs like me. a warning sign should be showed.. other mods that mess up my site gives me the option of theme reset. this mode hmm. think i'll test the tiny or pretty url mods. Keep up the good work and let me know when it works without Hitches lol

Masterd

Well, this mod won't work on every server. But, as you found out, you can easily disable it with $disable_sef true;. Also, did you checked the language strings?   

impreza

An interesting add-on, works ok
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

Masterd

Updated for SMF 1.1.13 and SMF 2.0 RC5!

fr3aker

thanks for this mod, i really like it :)

but seems the update hasnt been uploaded correctly (obviously caused by the server performance issues). Would be nice to get this fixed.

Masterd

I know that. This site is under low level DDOS attack for some time and in that moment I was unable to upload the package. It's fixed now. I'm glad because you like this mod.

Apllicmz

thank you
when make Update plaese dont forget portuguese linguage files

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <search position="end" />
            <add><![CDATA[
$txt['enableActionurls'] = 'Activar A&ccedil;&atilde;o do SEF URLS';
$txt['enableSubActionurls'] = 'Activar sub A&ccedil;&atilde;o do SEF URLS';
$txt['enableCurls'] = 'Activar a Categoria do SEF URLS (Para a &uacute;nica categoria do Mod)';
$txt['enablePageurls'] = 'Activar a P&aacute;gina do SEF URLS (Em P&aacute;ginas do TinyPortal)';
$txt['enableUseQuestion'] = 'Use um ponto de interroga&ccedil;&atilde;o (?) Em vez de index.php';
$txt['enableNoIndex'] = 'Usar &iacute;ndice em vez do index.php <span class="smalltext">(N&atilde;o funciona em todos os servidores, o uso "$disable_sef = true;" no seu Settings.php Se activar quebrara o seu site)</span>';
]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>
    <file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt-utf8.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <search position="end" />
            <add><![CDATA[
$txt['enableActionurls'] = 'Activar A&ccedil;&atilde;o do SEF URLS';
$txt['enableSubActionurls'] = 'Activar sub A&ccedil;&atilde;o do SEF URLS';
$txt['enableCurls'] = 'Activar a Categoria do SEF URLS (Para a &uacute;nica categoria do Mod)';
$txt['enablePageurls'] = 'Activar a P&aacute;gina do SEF URLS (Em P&aacute;ginas do TinyPortal)';
$txt['enableUseQuestion'] = 'Use um ponto de interroga&ccedil;&atilde;o (?) Em vez de index.php';
$txt['enableNoIndex'] = 'Usar &iacute;ndice em vez do index.php <span class="smalltext">(N&atilde;o funciona em todos os servidores, o uso "$disable_sef = true;" no seu Settings.php Se activar quebrara o seu site)</span>';
]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>

Masterd

More-to-life

Hi

Any updates due soon for SMF 2.0 Gold?

Thanks
UK Bike Forum - The biggest motorcycle forum magazine in Wales UK.
Gear Up Magazine - Gear Up Motorcycle Magazine.
United Bikers UK Motorcycle Forum - A Brand New UK Bike Forum.
Used Cars South Wales - Search For Your Next Used Car In Laleston, Bridgend, South Wales.
Bikers Of Wales Motorcycle Website - Motorbike Info
Honda - Honda UK

Masterd

Sorry, I was on vacation. I will do it as soon as possible. But it should work with version emulation.

PatrickForum

We tried to install this "advanced SEF URLs" SEO mod on our SMF forum. At the testing proces, we got an error that SMF was unable to replace this:

global $board, $topic, $boardurl, $scripturl, $modSettings, $smcFunc;

with this:

global $board, $topic, $boardurl, $scripturl, $modSettings, $smcFunc, $disable_sef;

We thought that this was not an huge issue and can do it ourselfs, so we proceed with installation.

After the mod was installed, we tried to find the code in the /sources/QueryString.php file, but couldn't find the code.

What can we do to install or replace the above code?

Biology Forums

Quote from: PatrickForum on May 24, 2012, 09:01:31 AM
We tried to install this "advanced SEF URLs" SEO mod on our SMF forum. At the testing proces, we got an error that SMF was unable to replace this:

global $board, $topic, $boardurl, $scripturl, $modSettings, $smcFunc;

with this:

global $board, $topic, $boardurl, $scripturl, $modSettings, $smcFunc, $disable_sef;

We thought that this was not an huge issue and can do it ourselfs, so we proceed with installation.

After the mod was installed, we tried to find the code in the /sources/QueryString.php file, but couldn't find the code.

What can we do to install or replace the above code?

Is your forum down as a result of this?

bukharifaran

Hi,

I have installed this mod. But it did't worked for me. I have 2.0 version of SMF. By clicking the last option of show nothing in place of index.php my forum goes down. i unchecked that option, but no changes were visible in my URL. there were not Search Engine Friendly.

I want the URL pattern like this: .com/forum/[category-name]/[forum-name]/[thread-title]-[post-number]

my forum is www.apkatv.com/forum
My Forum: Mobile Fun | My Blog: Mobile Fun Blog

-Rock Lee-

Looking for something similar to simpleef I came across this ... and how the author is still active. My question is do not you plan to update it? why I think it's a good option ...

Regards!

ADD: Excuse me if I revive an old topíc...
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Advertisement: