News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

PHP Nuke and SMF Integration ready for download!

Started by spottedhog, November 09, 2007, 09:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spottedhog

Finally....  I have PHP Nuke integrated with SMF.  Get it in the Downloads module on the home site:

http://www.smf-nuke.com

This integration is NOT a bridge.  It fully uses only the SMF members tables.  One login for both users and admin.

The integration uses SMF Themes using the ssi_layers system.

SSI.php is fully used in Nuke, allowing for SMF permissions etc. to work smoothly.

The PHP Nuke part has a Group system, using SMF Membergroups, so that group permissions can be set for all blocks, messages, and modules.

Take a look.  :)

spottedhog

...so sorry.   In the initial downloads I had the wrong News module.  Go here to download it.

http://www.smf-nuke.com/files/News_Replace.zip

spottedhog

I just uploaded theme changes for about 25 themes.  There is also a tutorial on how to make changes to a SMF Theme so it can be used in SMF-Nuke.

thanks...

dottore 46

ok,nice,but i dont get the way to install this thing... what do i have to do?? download it,upload it to my server install, and then uninstall the orginal smf? i just dont get it,please explain this because im a newbie and still dont get it lol

spottedhog

There is a file included that tells you how to do it.

For problems, enter your issue here:

http://www.smf-nuke.com/forum/index.php?board=29.0

glaberge

Just curious but I got an error while importing the mysql file. I'll snag it when I get home from work but, essentially it didn't like line 9 of the nuke_message portion. Something about an invalid format...

I am curious what version of mysql would be ideal for installing this?

spottedhog

I have MySQL 5.0.45...  I would think anything over 4.0 would be ok.

Do you have an existing Nuke install? 

glaberge

Nope. Not in this database.

Error

SQL query:

# --------------------------------------------------------
#
# Estructura de tabla para la tabla `nuke_message`
#
CREATE TABLE nuke_message(
mid int( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
title varchar( 100 ) NOT NULL default '',
content text NOT NULL ,
date varchar( 14 ) NOT NULL default '',
expire int( 7 ) NOT NULL default '0',
active int( 1 ) NOT NULL default '1',
groups text NOT NULL VIEW int( 1 ) NOT NULL default '1',
mlanguage varchar( 30 ) NOT NULL default '',
PRIMARY KEY ( mid ) ,
UNIQUE KEY mid( mid )
) TYPE = MYISAM ;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'view int(1) NOT NULL default '1',
  mlanguage varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',
' at line 9

Loki

in the sql file find that section of code and replace it with this one.

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `nuke_message`;
CREATE TABLE `nuke_message` (
  `mid` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `title` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  `content` text NOT NULL,
  `date` varchar(14) NOT NULL default '',
  `expire` int(7) NOT NULL default '0',
  `active` int(1) NOT NULL default '1',
  `view` int(1) NOT NULL default '1',
  `groups` text NOT NULL,
  `mlanguage` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`mid`),
  UNIQUE KEY `mid` (`mid`)
) TYPE=MyISAM;
hxxp:www.nukeplanet.com [nonactive]

glaberge

Rumbaar

Nice concept.  I've used/use php-nuke on 3 of my sites.  Though as php-nuke comes with phpBB already I guess this is just another forum module option for php-nuke installations.  Might have to install a test install and see how it goes.

Note did get an error viewing the Blog module on your main site, you might want to check that out.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

spottedhog

hmmmmm.....  I cannot find an error in the "Blog" mod anywhere....   

thanks for taking a look.

Rumbaar

Running Firefox 2.0.0.9

Here is a screenshot of the error I get, it's at the top of the page:
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

spottedhog

thanks for the pic.....   

I just cannot replicate that error to save my butt.   However, I did find old code in that javascript file which I removed.  It was a script to call the avatar from the old phpbb forum.

If you get a chance, could you see if you get that error again?

thanks...

Rumbaar

Nope that didn't solve the error message I'm getting.

But that being said, it could be from where I'm accessing your site from.  I think the proxy and authentication methods used where I'm at can cause some issues with php-nuke.  I know I've got similar duplicate declaration errors on another php-nuke site I run that I get when accessing from here.

So it's probably a specific error with the combination of software used here to monitor traffic and content.

I'll try to access it from my home and see if I get the same message.

[ Themes ]

spottedhog

geezz....  sorry... another file got into the mix.  Download this to replace the modules/Web_Links/index.php file

http://www.smf-nuke.com/filz/WebLinksIndex.zip

Rumbaar

Also what is the core php-nuke version you used to create this total package?  I hope a version like Raven Nuke 7.6 full patched?  Also how would any future security issues that are address via patching affect or be implemented into your 'custom' build?

[ Themes ]

spottedhog

:)   I used 7.6 "full patch"... I think 3.2 or 3.3 patch.

OK... security issues....  There are basically 2 issues, cross-scripting because of badly written code, and the other is the takeover of the admin.php file.

Cross Scripting:
All the code I am releasing has variables opened to empty arrays ...for example: $row = array();  before using the variable in the MySQL "while" or "foreach", just like the SMF db queries.  Also, data is filtered and escaped, both going into the database, and for browser display.

I am not saying all is perfect, as there may be an issue somewhere, but for now, all should be at least as good as the 7.6 patched.

admin.php file
I have removed the "security thru obscurity" for the $admin_file and just have the file named "admin.php"   All admin.php is protected by the SMF permissions system, with access only to SMF is_admin, etc.

The Nuke's "mainfile.php" has all the security code in it that has been in place for Sentinel and the 7.6 patches.  The admin.php has all the 7.6 patched security and maybe an additional line or 2.

There is not a nuke_authors db table.  I used only the SMF members, etc.

I may be wrong, but I do not see a need for Sentinel's automatic IP banning.  I am not sure how much protection it would add compared to whatever is already in SMF.

The bottom line is, if you trust the SMF security, then this is basically the same.

Rumbaar

Nice, thx for the info.

Yeah the Sentinel's automatic banning doesn't always work on servers.  I know on mine it doesn't write to the htaccess file, I do it manually.  No nuke authors, nice.  Yeah I've never been happy with the admin security on the base php-nuke, but I'm glad you based it off that branch of the php-nuke line.  After 7.6 it really got of the rails with the wysiwyg editor fiasco.

Also because phpBB is gone all the phpBB_root XSS vulnerabilities wont be an issue :)

[ Themes ]

spottedhog

I have put the FCKEditor in so places with large textareas can use it.  ;)

There are some issues I have had with Sentinel.  Of course it is well written and well managed monthly, however, I think in many ways it is overkill.  Having to monthly update country IPs and more seem to be more of a pain than they are worth.

I have the SMF IP banning system in place for all of the integration.  .htaccess file could be used to double security....  if desired.

Rumbaar

Oh you have the FCKEditor, is that included in the 7.6 full patched now?  They must have re-written it, as from what I remember it was a major security hole as it effectively by-passed most of the security checks in the mainfile.php file when it was originally implemented in to 7.8+

[ Themes ]

spottedhog

RavenNuke has the same version I believe....  Inputs into FCKEditor are still filtered and escaped before being put into the database.  Also, there are only specific base html tags allowed.  I think I have it set to use what is allowed in the config.php file.

TheRenegade

Looks nice and all, but I have a quick question.

I have purchased a Nuke theme. And I don't want to HAVE to use the SMF themes.... Any chance I can use this as just a bridge? Or if I use the intergrated, can I use a nuke theme for the main site and a SMF theme for the forums??

spottedhog

I have it set up to use the SMF Themes only, with the SMF Themes containing the main functions needed from the Nuke theme.php file.

There is no bridge involved with this.  Any calls to users from the Nuke code is replaced with $context['user'] etc. from SMF.

You could take things from your purchased Nuke Theme, and create a SMF Theme.  Does your purchased theme contain code for phpbb forums?  If so, you could substitute the SMF graphics with the phpbb graphics from your purchased theme.

TheRenegade

Yes it comes with matching phpBB themes, and I was already thinking of trying to convert that to SMF. (BTW how hard would that be??),

Do you know of any way I could attempt to use SMF-nuke as a foundation for a bridge? Or at least make it so when yuo log into the main page, it also logs you into the forums??

spottedhog

that is what it already does.....  One login....  one members table....  This is a full integration with SMF.

For converting your theme, you could pic a similar type of layout for SMF, and then plug in the right graphic and colors from the phpbb one.

TheRenegade

I know SMF-nuke does that, but there are a fair amount of features in nuke that I don't wish to loose. So what I want to achive is KEEP nuke and ALL its tables, and be able to use the themes, i have all sorts of cool blocks, and all the graphics are VERY well done. I have things added as flash navigation, flash MP3 player, etc. You can check it out at www.zinclan.com/beta_site/ [nofollow]

Before I use SMF-Nuke I would want to ensure I can keep 95% of the features and what not that I have in the current one. I also don't want to spend forever trying to get things to work right....

spottedhog

I understand what you are saying...

All Nuke blocks will work without any modification.

Modules not in the original download will need some modifications, mainly because of things in them that were removed for SMF-Nuke. What I tried to do was to put the decorative aspects of the code into the style.css where they belong.

I worked for a long time trying to use both Nuke and SMF themes, however, that seemed to be very problematic.  This is why I went with SMF based themes.

I had many attempts at "bridging" but those seemed to always have an issue here and there, much like the Mambo/Joomla bridges.  I certainly did not want something where there would be 50,000 posts because of a bridge.

As far as converting your clan based theme, I am not sure how hard that would be.  The block coding could be a simple cut and paste.  Then the only issue would be putting the header into a SMF based theme...  I know this is not easy....

If this is too much work, I can well understand.  SMF-Nuke is not a one size fits all kind of system.  You can always just keep everything PHP Nuke with the converted phpbb.

TheRenegade

Well I have been looking through all the code and what not, all I want to be able to do, is make that damn "forum" button a link to my forums.... Screw the modules, screw the two logins. Just let me make the darn link.....

Help...someone??

spottedhog

In your WOW PHP Nuke theme, you will need to set the URL to your SMF Forum.

You could then put a link in the Modules block for the SMF Forum under the "Home" link.

Advertisement: