News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Coding Obstacles

Started by Redox, November 26, 2004, 05:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redox

Hi there,

Basically what I have done is nothing, I have a couple questions, if they could be answered that would be great.

1. I need help with seperating a column for topics in a board, and posts in a board....where would I go to do that?

2. I want to have my forum view set up like below...where would I go to find all these things?

And sorry, I'm not very familiar with SMF since I just started using it.

Edit: I posted this in the wrong place....sorry! :(

bloc

For start you have to look at index.template.php for the logo and buttons - since they are present on all pages. Then look at BoardIndex.template.php for boards/categories/posts/topics ( the classic theme has separate columns for posts and topics already.)

Furthermore , MessageIndex.template.php has both sub-boards display(like boardindex) and message overview. You may want to change those too.

Really, I would suggest you start out with the classic theme since that theme most resemble the things you want to do. The stats and newboxes are not present there, but have a look at the default theme and see if you cant just paste the php code into a echo statement with tr/td on your theme.

Redox

In my opinion that would be a lot harder due to the fact that the graphics that I created have already been done, which match the default theme, if I work with one theme it becomes a whole lot easier. :-\

bloc

That depends on how easy you can "read" the php code.... If you can see between the pure php functions and the echoed html then its no problem. Are you enhancing the default theme and wants to just learn from that, great. Then my attempt at help did not apply to you, I am sorry.

Redox

Not a problem.

I went through last night and printed out every single topic that has to do with a template/graphics....LOTS of pages.

Anyway, I'm done reading most of them, and its made the template functions easier for me to work with after reading them.

Thanks Bloc! :)

Advertisement: