Joomla! vs SMF registration form

Started by tatore, November 21, 2007, 05:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tatore

I've installed some month ago the Orstio's bridge 1.1.7 (I guess the last) on Joomla! 1.0.12 (last that accept our bridge) and everything works great.
Right today, we've started to create articles visible only for the forum's users (smf 1.1.4)-
Registration form from main page (index) of joomla works perfectly, using the agreement text and redirect in few words people to the smf registration page, as the login form.
But if a guest want to access to the registration page because, maybe, he tries to read the content of the protected articles, there's not the smf registration form that appears but the Joomla! form. It is not complete, and I'd like to know if is there a solution to redirect eventually people that tries to register to the portal, using the smf registration system (setted with the options we require and mainly waiting for the admin approv.), even the login form that doesn't work as in the index joomla page (smf system).
All my apologies if I'm not clear, and I'll try to attach a screenshot of the setting of the bridge.
And this is the page where you can see the issue

Thank you in advance.
*Salvo*

Quote from: RumbaarI wont jump to conclusion, but you might be hacked?

tatore

Ok, I've waited for some answer..but tried to understand how to do.
I deactivated the Joomla registration form, but if an user registered into smf forum want to have access to the private parts of Joomla site the system requires the login (of course, and even if you're logged into the forum) seems doesn't recognise the password, so I've tried to require a new pswd, then it comes generated automatically...but login for the joomla site it has to be with the new Joomla pswd, and the login for smf forum with the old password.
Please, please..tell me: what's wrong? People is annoying and I don't know where to ask for assistance (even [paid]).
*Salvo*

Orstio

QuoteSpiacenti, non sei autorizzato a visualizzare questa risorsa.
Se hai già un account registrato, Accedi in caso contrario registra un account adesso.

Look for that text in your Joomla language files.  The links should be changed to the bridge links instead of the Joomla links.

tatore

ok.
Is this a solution to let Joomla recognise users and user's password?
Lot of people is having this problem.
Thanks Orstio
*Salvo*

Kindred

Quote from: tatore on November 24, 2007, 06:27:42 AM
ok.
Is this a solution to let Joomla recognise users and user's password?

What problem? Your description is vague.  If you are using bridge 1.1.7, you MUST use the mod_smf_login module to log in to joomla/smf.

If this is not logging a user into both joomla and smf, then you have misconfigured something.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tatore

Sorry, Kindred, and thank you for the interest.
I would write:

Is there a solution to let Joomla recognise users and user's password?

I didn't misconfigure anything (oh, well, I suppose).
The bridge works, but it seems to have some problem since  I've decided to close the access if you're not logged in..but what I need to explain you is that it doesn't work the login form in joomla, if you use the password choosed for log into the smf forum.

Sorry for the confusion, but, please, try to understand me..if an account access is required I can create it for you.

Thanks again, I don't use to write if I don't have problems..it's enough using the "search" option to find a solution..but not this time. 
*Salvo*

tatore

QuoteIf you are using bridge 1.1.7, you MUST use the mod_smf_login module to log in to joomla/smf.
Well, it's done. But it doesn't work with the entire joomla site.
*Salvo*

Kindred

Quote from: tatore on November 24, 2007, 02:41:28 PM
QuoteIf you are using bridge 1.1.7, you MUST use the mod_smf_login module to log in to joomla/smf.
Well, it's done. But it doesn't work with the entire joomla site.

Which brings back my original point:  If mod_smf_login is not logging users into both joomla AND smf, then you have something misconfigured.

1- you must use mod_smf_login with the 1.1.7 bridge. The standard joomla login module (mod_login) will not work.
2- your joomla database user must ahve access to your smf database, and vice-versa.
3- you must have the correct (ABSOLUTE) path to the SMF install configured in the bridge setup screen
4- your Forum component in the main menu MUST be public
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

afonic

Kindred, thats not his problem. What he is saying is that when someone tries to access a restricted (registered or special) page in Joomla the login - register links point to the original Joomla pages instead of the SMF ones.

Kindred

ah?   If so, I apologize for my misunderstanding... that's not how I read it.

I'd suggest not making registered content even visible to the public...

but... seems like yet another reason to switch to mambo to me.
Слaва
Украинi

tatore

Quote from: afonic on November 25, 2007, 01:29:44 PM
Kindred, thats not his problem. What he is saying is that when someone tries to access a restricted (registered or special) page in Joomla the login - register links point to the original Joomla pages instead of the SMF ones.
That's what I meant, thank You, Afonik.
Kindred, if I try to use private, maybe there's one reason behind it, no? ;)
I've thought that after Orstio's job (and yours not for last) there was a solution for this broblem, badly expressed, forgiveme for it.
Unfortunately I fill the content of my site with my personal works, and I don't have so much time to dedicate to the all issues like that. That's why I've thought that in some way I could find why.
I've paid for a good Joomla template, I've paid to have the bridge installed properly with the all benefits included..and meantime the collaboration smf-Joomla discontinued.
Now, I'm not thinking to waste other time to arrange things and switch to Mambo...nor to let public my works.
It doesn't matter, I will advise people that it's necessary to login from the Joomla index to see private contents. It's the only solution I have in mind now.

Thank you for your answers.
*Salvo*

Orstio

Look through the files in your com_content folder.  There will be links to the com_login and com_registration components.  Change them to point to the com_smf&action=login and com_smf_registration respectively.

tatore

There are 2 folders as you said, Orstio.
The both folders contain 3 files

1- login.php, index.html, login.html.php (com_login)
2- registration.php, registration.html.php, index.html (com_registration)-

Do I have to see into the (4 major) files, replacing the codes as you said?

*Salvo*

Orstio

If you want them to use the bridge links instead, yes.

tatore

this is the only piece of code that I guess it has to be replaced in login.html.php

com_smf_registration vs com_registration

<?php echo _REMEMBER_ME?>
<input type="checkbox" name="remember" class="inputbox" value="yes" />
<br/>
<a href="<?php echo sefRelToAbs'index.php?option=com_registration&amp;task=lostPassword' ); ?>">
<?php echo _LOST_PASSWORD?>
</a>
<?php
if ( $params->get'registration' ) ) {
?>

<br/>
<?php echo _NO_ACCOUNT?>
<a href="<?php echo sefRelToAbs'index.php?option=com_registration&amp;task=register' ); ?>">
<?php echo _CREATE_ACCOUNT;?>
</a>
<?php

Nothing similar in registration.html.php
*Salvo*

Orstio

Look in the com_content folder, not the com_registration folder.

tatore

Quote from: Orstio on November 25, 2007, 03:16:43 PM
Look in the com_content folder, not the com_registration folder.
...and I did.
But there were only *com_registration* that I've replaced as you suggestet, in both files included in the com_contend...nothin with com_login or else.
Tried to replace with the (only) mods done: no errors, but no results-
I guess it isn't legal to attach here the 2 files, belonging to Joomla software..but eventually I'm going to give up.

Thank you for your kind interest.
*Salvo*

Orstio

Check your language folder.  There should be a language file for the language you are using.  Those links should be in that file.

tatore

Quote from: Orstio on November 26, 2007, 07:57:57 PM
Check your language folder.  There should be a language file for the language you are using.  Those links should be in that file.

Wow, simply grateful, Orstio.
It works great, exactly as I would.

Thank you again.
*Salvo*

Advertisement: