News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Alias Boards

Started by dougiefresh, December 11, 2007, 12:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crip

Is this mod compatible with version 1.1.10 ? ;)
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

SleePy

No, but from what I can think of.  It could be backported, but due to a lack of time, I won't be able to do that.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

nestortoledo

i just downloaded last version, but the installer tell me the file is corrupt.

SleePy

I repackaged the mod.  Give it another try :)
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

nestortoledo

Thanks, now is working, nice mod, thanks a lot

Propaganistas

Hi,

I get a database error when trying to install this mod:

Displayed error when installing the mod using package manager:
QuoteTable '*****_smf2.smf2_smf2_boards' doesn't exist
File: /home/*****/public_html/SMF/Packages/temp/database_install.php
Line: 65

Displayed error when trying to execute database_install.php as a standalone:
QuoteYou have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '`*****_smf2`.smf2_boards' at line 2
File: /home/*****/public_html/SMF/database_install.php

SHOW FIELDS
FROM `chassis_smf2`.smf2_`chassis_smf2`.smf2_boards
Line: 65

Further explanation of the database setup:
Name: *****_smf2
Forum prefix: smf2_

Seems that the prefix smf2_ is being parsed twice?
Got any ideas? :)

Thanks!

SleePy

What version of SMF are you using?

Propaganistas

Oops, I didn't mentioned that. Shame on me x)

SMF 2.0 RC1.2 :)

SleePy

Ahhh.. Due to a bug in SMF, code was changed on how database prefixes where handled in 2.0 RC2.

You can use a previous version of the mod which supported SMF 2.0 RC1.  I provide those old versions on my site.
http://sleepycode.com/index.php/action,hacks/hack,14.html

Propaganistas

Aaah! I misunderstood the 'bug in SMF 2' part in the mod description :)

Thanks!

EDIT: I still have one question:
I have a board in category 1 displayed ONLY for membergroup 1, and I want to have it aliased in category 2 ONLY for membergroup 2 (so membergroup 1 doesn't see category 2 with just a single board because they can't see the other ones and vice versa). Is this possible to set up? I'm asking this because the aliased boards do not show up in the ManageBoards index page, so we can't set separate permissions for it.

SleePy

That isn't currently possible to do.  This just tricks the code in SMF to move the board to different categories and locations.  They still need access to this board to be able to see it.

Propaganistas

Can't this be done by lettting the boards show up on ManageBoards index (e.g with a small *-prefix)? Because we can then set different permission settings...
If so, can you provide me the code snippet? :) (i don't think there has to be changed that much?)

SleePy

It could be done, but the current way the code is setup doesn't allow for this to be done easily.

Bugo

Fixed install for SMF 2.0 RC3:

File ManageBoards.template.php
// We need some globals that SMF doesn't have.
global $cat_tree, $boards;

echo '
<div>
<dl class="settings">
<dt>
<strong>', $txt['alias_cat_title'], '</strong><br />
<span class="smalltext">', $txt['alias_cat_desc'], '</span><br />
</dt>
<dd>
<select name="alias_cat[]" multiple="multiple">
<option value="">', $txt['no_cat_selected'], '</option>';
foreach ($cat_tree as $category)
echo '
<option', !isset($context['board']['is_new']) && in_array($category['node']['id'], $context['board']['alias_cat']) ? ' selected="selected"' : '', ' value="', $category['node']['id'], '">', $category['node']['name'], '</option>';
echo '
</select>
</dd>
<dt>
<strong>', $txt['alias_child_title'], '</strong><br />
<span class="smalltext">', $txt['alias_child_desc'], '</span><br />
</dt>
<dd>
<select name="alias_child[]" multiple="multiple">
<option value="">', $txt['no_boards_selected'], '</option>';
foreach ($boards as $board)
echo '
<option', !isset($context['board']['is_new']) && in_array($board['id'], $context['board']['alias_child']) ? ' selected="selected"' : '', ' value="', $board['id'], '">', $board['name'], '</option>';
echo '
</select>
</dd>
</dl>
</div>';

_pi

Quote from: Bugo on June 30, 2010, 03:15:56 AM
Fixed install for SMF 2.0 RC3:

File ManageBoards.template.php
   // We need some globals that SMF doesn't have.
   global $cat_tree, $boards;

echo '
               <div>
                  <dl class="settings">
                     <dt>
                        <strong>', $txt['alias_cat_title'], '</strong><br />
                        <span class="smalltext">', $txt['alias_cat_desc'], '</span><br />
                     </dt>
                     <dd>
                        <select name="alias_cat[]" multiple="multiple">
                           <option value="">', $txt['no_cat_selected'], '</option>';
   foreach ($cat_tree as $category)
      echo '
                           <option', !isset($context['board']['is_new']) && in_array($category['node']['id'], $context['board']['alias_cat']) ? ' selected="selected"' : '', ' value="', $category['node']['id'], '">', $category['node']['name'], '</option>';
   echo '
                        </select>
                     </dd>
                     <dt>
                        <strong>', $txt['alias_child_title'], '</strong><br />
                        <span class="smalltext">', $txt['alias_child_desc'], '</span><br />
                     </dt>
                     <dd>
                        <select name="alias_child[]" multiple="multiple">
                           <option value="">', $txt['no_boards_selected'], '</option>';
   foreach ($boards as $board)
      echo '
                           <option', !isset($context['board']['is_new']) && in_array($board['id'], $context['board']['alias_child']) ? ' selected="selected"' : '', ' value="', $board['id'], '">', $board['name'], '</option>';
   echo '
                        </select>
                     </dd>
                  </dl>
               </div>';

thanks for the fixed code. now it looks like how it is supposed to be :)

Spacecadet

I have a slight problem, I tried to uninstall this MOD and it sais uninstalled however all my directories still show all the Child Boards. I'm using RC3, how do i get rid of this?

http://www.medicinehatchat.ca/forum/

SilverKnight

Does this mod work with RC5 ?

dougiefresh

The mod download site for this mod stated anyone interested in developing this mod should contact SleePy.  I have done so.  SleePy has agreed to transfer the mod to me, under the condition that I keep it free to the public.  I agreed to this condition.  SleePy has approved and I am waiting for the mod to be transferred to me.

During the wait, I have made the changes that Bugo described a few posts back and have labeled this an unofficial (for now) v1.2.  It is attached to this post.

margarett

Apologies for the delay. The mod author change was done.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.2 - October 31st, 2014
+ Fixed the Manage Board UI using the changes Bugo posted

Quote from: dougiefresh on November 01, 2014, 11:21:53 AM
The mod download site for this mod stated anyone interested in developing this mod should contact SleePy.  I have done so.  SleePy has agreed to transfer the mod to me, under the condition that I keep it free to the public.  I agreed to this condition.  SleePy has approved and I am waiting for the mod to be transferred to me.
It's now official.  The mod download page has been updated with the unofficial mod, making it official.

Quote from: margarett on November 01, 2014, 02:14:22 PM
Apologies for the delay. The mod author change was done.
No problem!  I appreciate it!

Advertisement: