News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Alias Boards

Started by dougiefresh, December 11, 2007, 12:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msvdm

sorry for the late reply, i think that's happen and before with older versions of MSF  deleting the package don't make it go away i still have the child boards on my forum and i still can create more of them :)

SleePy

Do you have any other mods installed?

If you don't you could just replace your source files and templates with fresh ones
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

msvdm

i have many mods installed :( that's my area packages the Alias mod don't appear here :

1. cbi, 1.0 1.5   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
2. Auto Embed Video Clips 2.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
3. More Spiders 1.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
4. Grouped Who's Online 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
5. SMF 1.0.13 / 1.1.5 / 2.0 b3.1 Update 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
6. Double Post Stopper 1.1   [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
7. Sarcasmics smiley set 1.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
8. Thumbnail Topic Mod 1.1  [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
9. SSI Membergroup 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
10. Users Online Today 1.5.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
11. AvatarOnBoard 2.0.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
12. Digg in Topics (for 2.0 Beta 3) 1.3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
13. Group Online Status 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
14. MessagePreviewOnHover 1.7   

and that's the installed list :

1. Users Online Today 1.5.2 [ Uninstall ]
2. Digg in Topics (for 2.0 Beta 3) 1.3 [ Uninstall ]
3. Auto Embed Video Clips 2.2 [ Uninstall ]
4. Grouped Who's Online 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
5. More Spiders 1.1 [ Uninstall ]
6. SMF 1.0.13 / 1.1.5 / 2.0 b3.1 Update 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
7. Alias Boards 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
8. MessagePreviewOnHover 1.7 [ Uninstall ]
9. DeInCreasePostBox 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
10. Double Post Stopper 1.1 [ Uninstall ]
11. Angry Bunny Avatars 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
12. AvatarOnBoard 2.0.2 [ Uninstall ]
13. SSI Membergroup 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
14. Group Online Status 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
15. Sarcasmics smiley set 1.1 [ Uninstall ]
16. Separated Birthdays from Events 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
17. cbi, 1.0 1.5

Is it possible to be bug in the new version ?

SleePy

It says its installed?

If you go into the database.
Then go to smf_log_packages.
Find the one that has a package id of "SleePy:alias_boards".
Remove that row.

Then run this query:

INSERT INTO `smf_log_packages` (`filename`, `package_id`, `name`, `version`, `id_member_installed`, `member_installed`, `time_installed`, `id_member_removed`, `member_removed`, `time_removed`, `install_state`, `failed_steps`, `themes_installed`, `db_changes`) VALUES
('alias_boardsv1.1.2.tgz', 'SleePy:alias_boards', 'Alias Boards', '1.0', 1, 'msvdm', 1210652624, 0, '0', 0, 1, 'a:0:{}', '1', ''),

That should add it back in and treat it like it was installed.
Then hopefully you should be able to
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

msvdm

i getting error  in my database/smf_log_packages :( when i try to run the query :

INSERT INTO `smf_log_packages` (`filename`, `package_id`, `name`, `version`, `id_member_installed`, `member_installed`, `time_installed`, `id_member_removed`, `member_removed`, `time_removed`, `install_state`, `failed_steps`, `themes_installed`, `db_changes`) VALUES('alias_boardsv1.1.2.tgz', 'SleePy:alias_boards', 'Alias Boards', '1.0', 1, 'msvdm', 1210652624, 0, '0', 0, 1, 'a:0:{}', '1', ''),

Chriss Cohn

Is it possible with this mod, to have boards link to any website/location in the world?
Just like SMF2.0 has it incorporated?

Regards, Christian

SleePy

Quote from: msvdm on May 17, 2008, 01:53:38 AM
i getting error  in my database/smf_log_packages :( when i try to run the query :

INSERT INTO `smf_log_packages` (`filename`, `package_id`, `name`, `version`, `id_member_installed`, `member_installed`, `time_installed`, `id_member_removed`, `member_removed`, `time_removed`, `install_state`, `failed_steps`, `themes_installed`, `db_changes`) VALUES('alias_boardsv1.1.2.tgz', 'SleePy:alias_boards', 'Alias Boards', '1.0', 1, 'msvdm', 1210652624, 0, '0', 0, 1, 'a:0:{}', '1', ''),

What error?

Chriss Cohn,
This mod was intended to alias a board, there are redirection board mods out there that can do that though

msvdm

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

SleePy

INSERT INTO smf_log_packages (filename, package_id, name, version, id_member_installed, member_installed, time_installed, id_member_removed, member_removed, time_removed, install_state, failed_steps, themes_installed, db_changes) VALUES('alias_boardsv1.1.2.tgz', 'SleePy:alias_boards', 'Alias Boards', '1.0', 1, 'msvdm', 1210652624, 0, '0', 0, 1, 'a:0:{}', '1', '');

I tested that one :P It should work.

msvdm

Thanks i run the query but no changes

edit ///

I check my packages folder and i dont see the Alias Board there can you upload ore send me the old version 1.00 package maybe then i will be able to uninstall at  :-\

SleePy

It doesn't show as installed?

msvdm

no nothing all is the same i check via FTP my packages folder no Alias Board there i ckeck in the admin control center on my forum still i have version 1 and when i try to unninstall the mod i getting the same error, i run the query you give me it tells me is executed but dont appear in my sql database

and when it tell me unable to find the the package and i try to install the new version
------------------------------------
Apply Mod
This package is already installed, and no upgrade was found!

You should uninstall the old version first to avoid problems, or ask the author to create an upgrade from your old version.

Please remember to always make regular backups of your sources and database before installing mods, especially beta versions. 

Install Actions
Installations actions for "Alias Boards":
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. 

SleePy

in the url change it to uninstall from install. See if that lets you uninstall

Was this the latest mod you installed?

msvdm

thats really strange i found one backup before to install the mod and after the backup no changes in the Browse Packages i have version 1 BUT in List files in package is the new version 1.1.2  ???

SleePy

Do you mind if you send me in a pm your admin (and if possible ftp details)?
I want to see what is going on and see if I can't get it to be removed even if I do it manually :P

forepro

Hi SleePY

This is a great mod. Exactly what I was looking for.  :D

I got some errors while I was testing though.

1. The mod seems to interfere with "Custom Board Sort" mod in /Sources/ManageBoards.php

2. I uninstalled "CustomBoardSort" on my test forum, applied this mod again, then I got
--
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{db_prefix}boards' at line 1
file: /home/domains//public_html/testsite/Packages/temp/database_install.php
line: 39

3. And I also got a weird warning saying that my SMF is 1.1.5 but the database is 1.1.4. Run a "upgrade.php" might solve this..  ???

MySQL 5.0.41
SMF 1.1.5 (upgraded from 1.1.4)

any ideas?
Thanks!

SleePy

1. I will look into this when I have time hopefully

2. Try the attached database_install.php file. Just upload to the Same location as SSI.php and run the script from your browser. It will make the changes needed by alias boards for it to operate :)
You can do this before or after the mod install (before it would prevent errors on boardindex and messageindex from the columns not existing).

3. Thats not an issue, it is what SMF does when it detects versions are not equal incase the user is at fault for the problem by not running upgrade.php. You are fine though as no database changes have been made to 1.1.x since it was released as Final two years ago.

msvdm

SleePy can you tell me which mod from this list may have conflict with yr mod my smf version is 2.0 Beta 3.1 Public also my board dont showing how many posts and topics are started in the boards with child boards

1. Enhance Recent Post 1.0 
2. Member Color Link 3.0.0   
3. cbi, 1.0 1.5 
4. Remove Post Modified Time 1.2   
5. Auto Embed Video Clips 2.2   
6. More Spiders 1.1 
7. SMF Sitemap 1.3.0 
8. Grouped Who's Online 1.0 
9. Randomized Newsfader 1.0 
10. JPG Thumbnails 2.0 
11. SMF 1.0.13 / 1.1.5 / 2.0 b3.1 Update 1.0
12. Double Post Stopper 1.1
13. Sarcasmics smiley set 1.1   
14. Hide Tag 2.2.1
15. Alias Boards 1.0 
16. SSI Membergroup 1.0 
17. Users Online Today 1.5.2 
18. AvatarOnBoard 2.0.2 
19. Pretty URLs - Base 0.8.3 
20. Ellow yellow smiley set 1.1 
21. Simple Award System 2.0.0b 
22. Digg in Topics (for 2.0 Beta 3) 1.3   
23. Group Online Status 1.0   
24. MessagePreviewOnHover

SleePy

It may be the Custom Board icons mod.

What edits are failing?

msvdm

nope no changes even if i unninstall the cbi the posts and topics in the child boards dont apper :( 

Advertisement: