News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Google Member Map

Started by Spuds, December 12, 2007, 01:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Starr

I wanted to try this mod on my site, but I see that several people have posted that it won't work in SMF 1.1.11, which is what I am running.
Has that been addressed yet?  Hope so, as this seems to be what I've been looking for. :)

More-to-life

Any updates on RC2?

Need this mod

Please please please update

*Ill get off my knees now then*
UK Bike Forum - The biggest motorcycle forum magazine in Wales UK.
Gear Up Magazine - Gear Up Motorcycle Magazine.
United Bikers UK Motorcycle Forum - A Brand New UK Bike Forum.
Used Cars South Wales - Search For Your Next Used Car In Laleston, Bridgend, South Wales.
Bikers Of Wales Motorcycle Website - Motorbike Info
Honda - Honda UK

Eclipse16V

I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

KensonPlays

It does?
Ill check it out tomorrow...

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Mick.

Quote from: Eclipse16V on January 28, 2010, 04:25:50 PM
Run nice on my SMF 2.0RC2

Do you mind sharing the profile edits for RC2?

Stigmartyr

Does latitude and logitude data stored in previous version of google member map get coverted over when you upgrade to this version?  I want to know how to retain all the valuable member data

Mick.

Quote from: Stigmartyr on January 28, 2010, 06:57:16 PM
Does latitude and logitude data stored in previous version of google member map get coverted over when you upgrade to this version?  I want to know how to retain all the valuable member data
Its stays the same.    I loadeded ti my RC2 and in admin, i didnt have to do anything.   I just need to know on how to edit the profile.

Stigmartyr

Quote from: BlueDevil on January 28, 2010, 07:16:48 PM
Its stays the same.    I loadeded ti my RC2 and in admin, i didnt have to do anything.   I just need to know on how to edit the profile.

Thanks - in RC2 its under Forum Profile, not the ultimate profile.  I found it at the bottom of the page.  You'll have to update the link that's on the member map page to take you there since it doesn't expect to have this mod.

Mick.

Quote from: Stigmartyr on January 28, 2010, 07:36:31 PM

Thanks - in RC2 its under Forum Profile, not the ultimate profile.  I found it at the bottom of the page.  You'll have to update the link that's on the member map page to take you there since it doesn't expect to have this mod.

I get that,...but what about when users look at your profile, do they see the map?   The template is not the same like 1.1.x

Stigmartyr

Quote from: BlueDevil on January 28, 2010, 07:43:21 PM

I get that,...but what about when users look at your profile, do they see the map?   The template is not the same like 1.1.x

No there is no map in the Ultimate Profile page itself.  They have to go to the main map to see it...  I guess an option for a display would be nice. 

Mick.

Quote from: Stigmartyr on January 28, 2010, 07:46:45 PM
Quote from: BlueDevil on January 28, 2010, 07:43:21 PM

No there is no map in the Ultimate Profile page itself.  They have to go to the main map to see it...  I guess an option for a display would be nice. 

Umm,  why are we talking about ultimate profile?  I dont use it.             Nevermind.

Stigmartyr

Ran into an issue with upgrading the new google map from the old one.  I have well over 500 member pins.  I took my SMF 1.1.x databsae and converted it ever so carefully to SMF 2.0 RC2 and then installed the googlemap beta mod.  It seems to work well with one major flaw:  the member map itself will not display any member pins, although I can successfully pin one on the map from my profile.

Can you tell me why this is?  I have hundreds of member pin data that I want to be migrated over, and though it seems that the data was stored in the member profiles and copied over, it will not display on the main map.

It seems like it knew where my pin was in my forum profile edit page, but wont display anything on the main member map.  I even got a new google map API for my test forum, too.

luismanson

so this mod will show itself on mainpage? is it possible to showit only in a custom page/ url ???

thanks!

Mick.

Quote from: luismanson on January 31, 2010, 12:11:08 AM
so this mod will show itself on mainpage? is it possible to showit only in a custom page/ url ???

thanks!

It has its own page with a button in the nav bar.

Mick.

Quote from: Stigmartyr on January 30, 2010, 06:29:07 PM
Ran into an issue with upgrading the new google map from the old one.  I have well over 500 member pins.  I took my SMF 1.1.x databsae and converted it ever so carefully to SMF 2.0 RC2 and then installed the googlemap beta mod.  It seems to work well with one major flaw:  the member map itself will not display any member pins, although I can successfully pin one on the map from my profile.

Can you tell me why this is?  I have hundreds of member pin data that I want to be migrated over, and though it seems that the data was stored in the member profiles and copied over, it will not display on the main map.

It seems like it knew where my pin was in my forum profile edit page, but wont display anything on the main member map.  I even got a new google map API for my test forum, too.

Dunno man,  i didnt have to mess with the database.  I used the map in 1.1.11 but now i use RC2

http://www.chevyavalancheclub.com/index.php?action=membermap

luismanson

i made some edits for RC2 but i was not able to see the map in its own page :(

digit

I'd STILL LOVE to see a variation of this mod where pins can be placed within posts!   8) (for example -  if we want to show the location of our favorite restaurant)
Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

lc62003

Quote from: BlueDevil on January 31, 2010, 12:21:21 AM

Dunno man,  i didnt have to mess with the database.  I used the map in 1.1.11 but now i use RC2

Does it work in a user's profile?   I installed the mod, then attempted to edit profile.template, but haven't been able to make it work in the profile.  So....the main map page works fine, but no way to add pins if it doesn't work in the profile.    :-\

If your profile section works properly in RC2....how did you do it...or would you mind sharing your profile.template file?   :)

Mick.

Quote from: lc62003 on January 31, 2010, 12:08:51 PM
Quote from: BlueDevil on January 31, 2010, 12:21:21 AM

Does it work in a user's profile?   I installed the mod, then attempted to edit profile.template, but haven't been able to make it work in the profile.  So....the main map page works fine, but no way to add pins if it doesn't work in the profile.    :-\

If your profile section works properly in RC2....how did you do it...or would you mind sharing your profile.template file?   :)

So far i edited the profile to fit the map for viewing. I got it right beneath the signature.   Im still trying to figure out on placing the map in the edit side of the profile. 

Both codes for the map need the removal of a few code lines to make it fit.  If left alone, it breaks the page.  I removed the part for the tables at the beginning.

Trial and error ;)   The profile.template.php is a mile long.

lc62003

Perhaps I could propose this:

Can you post your edits in a similar fashion to parsing the edits performed by the mod (meaning find: code and add after/replace: code)  If there are other people all at the same point in the puzzle everyone can share their info.  Someone in the ranks will fix one bug at a time until they've all been squashed.   ;)

Advertisement: