News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Google Member Map

Started by Spuds, December 12, 2007, 01:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDel

any way to get this to work with TinyPortal?
I know it used to because not only did it work for me but I know blue devil used to work on this mod and he used TP on his site.

I know it works because when I went to 2.0, I installed this first- it worked. Then added TP and then this one stopped showing the pins(however it still shows how many pins are out there)
I add TP first and then this one and doesnt work either. Both ways TP still works fine.

Any ideas?

Spuds

Quote from: TheDel on June 24, 2011, 05:22:30 PM
any way to get this to work with TinyPortal?
I know it used to because not only did it work for me but I know blue devil used to work on this mod and he used TP on his site.

I know it works because when I went to 2.0, I installed this first- it worked. Then added TP and then this one stopped showing the pins(however it still shows how many pins are out there)
I add TP first and then this one and doesnt work either. Both ways TP still works fine.

Any ideas?
I installed TP and then GMM on a fresh 2.0 and it worked fine.  So some setting or option you have set in TP must be causing an issue with GMM's javascript.  I don't know enough about TP to help.

QuoteI know it used to because not only did it work for me but I know blue devil used to work on this mod and he used TP on his site.
Must have been quite some time ago eh?

MrMike

Any idea how to change the text color in the info bubble?

Spuds

Quote from: MrMike on June 25, 2011, 07:59:59 PM
Any idea how to change the text color in the info bubble?

In googlemap20.php

Code (find) Select
$datablurb.= '</tr><tr><td>' . $marker['post_group'] . '<br />' . $marker['group_stars'] . '</td>';

Code (replace) Select
$datablurb.= '</tr><tr><td><font color="#000000">' . $marker['post_group'] . '<br />' . $marker['group_stars'] . '</font></td>';

MrMike

Super, that fixed the individual bubbles....can you please also tell me where to set the text color for the group view (see attached image).

Spuds

Quote from: MrMike on June 25, 2011, 11:29:27 PM
Super, that fixed the individual bubbles....can you please also tell me where to set the text color for the group view (see attached image).
Beleive you will need to edit the Clusterer2.js files in your theme/default/scripts

Code (find) Select
html += '</td><td>' + temp + '</td></tr>';
Code (replace) Select
html += '</td><td><font color="#000000">' + temp + '</font></td></tr>';

MrMike

Outstanding, Spuds, that worked like a charm. I was looking in the wrong file, but I'm embarrassed to say for how long, lol. :)

I used style statements but the effect is the same- visible text that people can see now.

Feel free to take a look (no login required): http://gt5cheats.com/forum/index.php?action=googlemap

Thank you!

EDIT: This is a great mod, well written and nicely configurable. I think it should come standard as an available feature with SMF.

Xoan

I used package manager.

Kindred

MrMike,

Why would this be standard in SMF?
1- it uses external services which is something that SMF tried to avoid
2- As nice (and popular) as it is, I would not say that the "majority" of admins are clamoring for it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MrMike

Relax, it's just my appreciation for the mod shining through. :)

Quote from: Kindred on June 27, 2011, 09:04:33 AM
MrMike,

Why would this be standard in SMF?
1- it uses external services which is something that SMF tried to avoid
2- As nice (and popular) as it is, I would not say that the "majority" of admins are clamoring for it.

joey791

Nice mod spuds, is there anway to move the button to under the Members tab?

Kindred

Modify the menu in subs.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

fishbone

Thank you for this awesome integration.
I'm running it on 2.0 and have a question in regards to the user name color in the bubble. It appears as standard forum link color. Since I use a dark theme, this color is very light and can hardly be seen against the white bubble. Is there a way to change the user name color?

Thanks

Kindred

did you even bother to do a search or read any of the previous answers?

I believe that your questions was answered between one and three pages back in responses...
Слaва
Украинi

fishbone

Quote from: Kindred on July 03, 2011, 10:38:23 PM
did you even bother to do a search or read any of the previous answers?

I believe that your questions was answered between one and three pages back in responses...

I did, but haven't found a solution to my problem.
What TLM is suggesting won't work for me and the other color questions on this page are not related to my inquiry.
If I'm mistaken, please help.

MrMike

Quote from: fishbone on July 03, 2011, 11:05:12 PM
If I'm mistaken, please help.
I just asked this question and Spuds gave me the answer just a few replies back.
Try here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=210708.msg3088294#msg3088294

Or scroll up about half a page.

fishbone

Thanks Mike,
but the screenshot in your original post shows a green (or light blue) username in the bubble.
This color is what I wanted to change whereas you asked about changing the group title color.

Spuds

In Googlemap20.php

Code (find) Select
<a href="' . $marker['href'] . '">' . $marker['name'] . '</a>
Code (replace) Select
<a href="' . $marker['href'] . '"><font color="#FFFFFF">' . $marker['name'] . '</font></a>

That will make it white ... the better way is to add the appropriate class to the anchor tag but the above will work.

fishbone

Thanks Spuds, that worked!  ;D

joey791

Quote from: Kindred on July 02, 2011, 10:21:27 PM
Modify the menu in subs.php

I need to know how to modify the code in the GoogleMap20integration.php first

Advertisement: