News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Google Member Map

Started by Spuds, December 12, 2007, 01:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spuds

Quote from: joey791 on July 04, 2011, 11:34:07 AM
Quote from: Kindred on July 02, 2011, 10:21:27 PM
Modify the menu in subs.php

I need to know how to modify the code in the GoogleMap20integration.php first
If you want the button as part of the members drop down menu then replace the entire function imb_googlemap(&$buttons) in GoogleMap20integration.php  with this

function imb_googlemap(&$buttons)
{
global $txt, $modSettings, $scripturl;

// Place the button at the end of the member slide out menu
$buttons['mlist']['sub_buttons']['googlemap'] = array(
'title' => $txt['googleMap'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=googlemap',
'show' => !empty($modSettings['googleMapsEnable']) && allowedTo('googleMap_view'),
);
}

joey791

Spuds, thanks for your help, great mod, great support :D

Eclipse16V

language20-utf8.xml missing in the following line:

$txt['googlemapdesc'] = 'From here you can control the settings for how the Member Map appears on your forum';
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Spuds

Ahh ... thanks!

I'll get that added so the UTF-8 admins dont get error log spam when they go to the modification settings page.

Eclipse16V

If you need the german lang? talk to me.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Dejv

Hello,

would it be possible to move the mod-settings (google api, lat, long, zoom) to the forum settings.php so the forum sources and themes could be shared among forums sharing the same codebase?

Thanks a lot
SMF 1.1.20

Eclipse16V

Hi, I used this mod for years and find it just amazing. Now I have a very stupid question time: Is there a way that pins you can save not only from members on the map but also in the postings are there enters the coordinates and then displays the posting to a pin on the map?
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Spuds

Quote from: Eclipse16V on July 23, 2011, 04:10:50 PM
Hi, I used this mod for years and find it just amazing. Now I have a very stupid question time: Is there a way that pins you can save not only from members on the map but also in the postings are there enters the coordinates and then displays the posting to a pin on the map?
Sorry no ... the pin coordinates are part of the member table, so no real way without a large rewrite to enable a function like that (because currently you can't easily have pins that are not associated with a member)

cryptic3

I am trying to uninstall my mods to upgrade but get these errors

1.   Delete File   ./Sources/GoogleMap.php   
2.   Delete File   ./Themes/default/scripts/Clusterer2.js   
3.   Delete File   ./Themes/default/css/GoogleMap.css   
4.   Delete File   ./Themes/default/GoogleMap.template.php   
5.   Delete File   ./Themes/default/images/google_earth_feed.gif   
6.   Delete File   ./Themes/default/images/english/googlemap.gif   
   7.   Execute Modification   ./index.php   Test successful
   8.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Admin.php   Test successful
   9.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Load.php   Test successful
   10.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php   Test successful
   11.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManageSettings.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./Sources/ManageSettings.php   Test successful
   2.   Replace   ./Sources/ManageSettings.php   Test successful
   3.   Replace   ./Sources/ManageSettings.php   Test failed
   12.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Profile-Modify.php   Test successful
   13.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test successful
   14.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php   Test successful
   15.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php   Test failed
   16.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/ManageSettings.english.php   Test successful
   17.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php   Test successful
18.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php   Skipping file
19.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/ManageSettings.english-utf8.php   Skipping file
20.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english-utf8.php   Skipping file

can anyone advise what to do please.

Thanks

Kindred

manually change the failure points to remove the mod, the same way you have to manually change failure points on an installation.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

cryptic3

I have tried that for both the mods that show errors.

As I have already lost my forum (hosts lost files) recently I am reluctant to do stuff I am unsure about.

Should I run the uninstall with errors then change or change and then run the uninstall?

K helped me with my previous forum but is reluctant since I have upgraded to VPS.

My knowledge means I am only able to do stuff via my control panel.

Thanks.

rgecy

I have a request for future release.

I would like to have the option for the "Member Map" menu button to be placed in the sub-menu of "Members" just like it says view "View Member List" it could say "View Member Map".  I have manually changed this in one of my themes, but would be nice to have it automatically install there or have the option. 

With more and more mods that have new menu buttons, my main menu is starting to break onto the next line.

Thanks,

RGecy 

Swayforth

I have just upgraded the forum (2.0) and everything looks fantastic! But i would like to start over without having to manually touch hundreds of profiles.

Is there an easy way to purge the Pin coordinates from the member table?

Spuds

Do you have access to phpmyadmin in your host account ?  If not I'll give you a little script to run to clear those columns of the data.

Swayforth

I do have access to the database with phpmyadmin. How ever i lack the skills to write the script to remove all the data.

Perhaps this could be a feature addon :)

Thank you for looking into it, Spuds, looking forward to your solution.

**EDIT** i don't think i made it clear that i still needed assistance.

Swayforth

Quote from: Spuds on August 19, 2011, 10:07:48 AM
Do you have access to phpmyadmin in your host account ?  If not I'll give you a little script to run to clear those columns of the data.

If you have that script handy i promise to study it and not just run it :)

fgoc

Hi, I've just installed this mod on my heavily modded 1.1.14 forum, but with the default theme. I had to do some manual changes on the following files, which were straight forward:

Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Extract File    ./Sources/GoogleMap11.php   
2.    Extract File    /home/fgoccouk/public_html//forum/Themes/default/Clusterer2.js   
3.    Extract File    /home/fgoccouk/public_html//forum/Themes/default/GoogleMap11.template.php   
4.    Extract File    /home/fgoccouk/public_html//forum/Themes/default/images/google_earth_feed.gif   
5.    Extract File    /home/fgoccouk/public_html//forum/Themes/default/images/english/googlemap.gif   
6.    Execute Code    add_settings11.php   
7.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test failed
11.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Profile.php    Test successful
12.    Execute Modification    /home/fgoccouk/public_html//forum/Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
13.    Execute Modification    /home/fgoccouk/public_html//forum/Themes/default/Profile.template.php    Test failed
14.    Execute Modification    /home/fgoccouk/public_html//forum/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
15.    Execute Modification    /home/fgoccouk/public_html//forum/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Test successful
16.    Execute Modification    /home/fgoccouk/public_html//forum/Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php    Test successful
17.    Execute Modification    /home/fgoccouk/public_html//forum/Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php    Test successful

I can see the Member Map option in the Features and Options menu, but when I click it it just goes to the Basic Features page? Any ideas where to start looking please?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

fgoc

Thanks Kindred, but the mods performed on that file are as per the modification11.xml file? Anything else it could be?

Sussed it I'd missed one of the mods out of ModSettings.php - all sorted and working great now!As an aside, anyone know how to incorporate the map into a TinyPortal Article to have on the homepage? :D

mikeymx5

How hard would it be to make this map show different color pins for different groups VS. Male or female.
I have two groups in my forum paid members and regular members... it would rule if paid members would stand out.

Advertisement: