Google Member Map

Started by Spuds, December 12, 2007, 01:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

if you mean

-- make a text field available for users to add additional text which will be displayed only in the google member map, then you are talking about a whole nother set of coding....   well outside of the features of this mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

trekkie2444

Where can I find the text that makes this appear in the navbar (menu) for my forum? I can't find it in subs.php.

Spuds

It uses integration hooks so it avoids editing that file directly.

The code for the button insertion is in the file GoogleMapIntegration.php in your sources directory

In that file look in the function imb_googlemap

petitchevalroux

There is a mistake in 2.6 (Google Member Map SMF2.zip [nofollow] file) version in add_remove_hooks.php file :

'integrate_pre_include' => '$boarddir/Sources/GoogleMapIntegration.php',

Shoud be :

'integrate_pre_include' => '$sourcedir/GoogleMapIntegration.php',

Kindred

hardly a mistake....     they both work.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

They don't if your Sources folder is not $boarddir/Sources, and I know at least a dozen production sites where that's the case.

petitchevalroux

Quote from: Arantor on July 02, 2012, 11:46:06 AM
They don't if your Sources folder is not $boarddir/Sources, and I know at least a dozen production sites where that's the case.
Like mine ^^

mudskipper

OK, just upgraded my site to 2.0.2 and installed this mod.  Everything seems to be working fine with the exception of being able to place and save your pin location.  I can go through all of the steps and click save, it then tells me my profile changes have been saved.  However, when you go back to the member map, it says 0 member pins and doesnt show any of them.

www.blackwateratv.com

Any help is appreciated.

Mike

Kindred

possibly conflicting javascript preventing the save from completing.
Слaва
Украинi

mudskipper

Quote from: Kindred on July 06, 2012, 12:44:31 PM
possibly conflicting javascript preventing the save from completing.

So how do I fix it?  Sorry, I am still pretty new on all this.

Kindred

not sure... you'd have to fins the conflicting script... and then either uninstall it or work out how to unconflict them

probably from another mod
Слaва
Украинi

MiY4Gi

Is it possible to add this map to the registration page, so that members can choose their location during registration?
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

IamTheBoy

Getting an JS error as soon as the total number of pins >= the number of pins before clustering appears:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0E; MS-RTC LM 8)
Timestamp: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 14:45:50 UTC

Line: 134
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: http://192.168.1.106/forum/index.php?action=googlemap;sa=.js;count=11

This also prevents the names of the members appearing on right of map, and the pins do not cluster.

Any ideas?

IE8, fortunately this is on a test site (running on a Raspberry Pi!), but if we can sort out all the problems, I'd like to stick this on out live site :)

MiY4Gi

Quote from: IamTheBoy on August 03, 2012, 10:50:27 AM
Getting an JS error as soon as the total number of pins >= the number of pins before clustering appears:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0E; MS-RTC LM 8)

This also prevents the names of the members appearing on right of map, and the pins do not cluster.

Any ideas?

IE8, fortunately this is on a test site (running on a Raspberry Pi!), but if we can sort out all the problems, I'd like to stick this on out live site :)

Try a different browser.
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

IamTheBoy

Quote from: MiY4Gi on August 10, 2012, 08:42:21 PM
Quote from: IamTheBoy on August 03, 2012, 10:50:27 AM

Webpage error details

Any ideas?

Try a different browser.
Happy to test that, but it has to work in IE8 and IE9, as these are still the world's most popular browsers.

IamTheBoy

Latest firefox shows the same symptoms, but the js error is slightly different - "Error parsing value for 'background' - declaration dropped"

Edit: Also produces same JS error as IE

IamTheBoy

Found the problem - it was a problem with my configuration. Because I run my site from a broadband line, static content is provided by a low-cost host, and dynamic content by my server at how.

The url to the JS was specified as being served from the low cost host, but never existed there.  I'll work out what files are required to be copied up, and try again, but pretty certain that will resolve.

luuuciano

No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

IamTheBoy

Quote from: luuuciano on August 11, 2012, 04:20:28 PM
Quote from: IamTheBoy on August 11, 2012, 02:05:31 PM
Happy to test that, but it has to work in IE8 and IE9, as these are still the world's most popular browsers.

In what year?? are you a time traveller?

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/21/3033566/chrome-most-popular-browser-weekly-may-2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers
Thats unrealistic. Its a developer site, devs frequently use FF.

Stats across my sites put IE at around 70%, FF at around 15%

In a professional capacity, I also look after some very large sites, and they match my sites that IE is far above everything else put together.

luuuciano

Well, that was the first one... but the other have regular statistics
With this statcounter projection
IE will be really down on 2013
Lucky us!
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Advertisement: