News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Google Member Map

Started by Spuds, December 12, 2007, 01:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianjw

@vasco:
I will have to dissect that joomla mod and see if I can find out how it works and possibly make it work. :)

@my evil twin:
Sure it is possible. I will have to do some testing around first as I have never mixed the custom profile mod and google member map so I will check it out.

As for the changing colors of the pins for membergroup it is possible. But past my knowledge yet again. When 2Ntense gets back, he might be able to help. He is the true coder lol ;)

However, I can show you how to change colors of pins for all people:
Just open up GoogleMap.php in ./Sources/ and do this:

FIND: http://labs.google.com/ridefinder/images/mm_20_red.png and change red to whatever color. Most colors work. ;)
There are a lot of similar things with the same image code just with a different color, so search for this: http://labs.google.com/ridefinder/images/ and change the color that is in the image src somewhere to whatever color you desire. iconf stands for females and iconm stands for males. ;) if you have that feature enabled. :)

cubetgio

Quote from: brianjw on August 26, 2008, 05:33:03 PM

cubetgio,

Download the attached ModSettings.php and backup your old one before replacing it with the below one.

the code was duplicated in modsettings. I continued the cleanning in other files. Now the mod looks fine. Nevertheless i' have some "test failed" when i try to uninstall google member map. That 'is worrying me a little bit but i can live with.

9. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test failed
10. Execute Modification ./Sources/Profile.php Test successful
11. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed
12. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php Test successful
13. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test failed

It should be somethings with  interaction between MODs .... Let's cruise fingers >:(

brianjw

It's interfering with another mod if it's failing on those files. ;)

cubetgio

Hello Brian,

Now it's looking stable!

Let's push investigations:

What about creating categories (choice to be done at the top of pinned's member list) to gather populations like full members, special partners, commercial partners, friends etc ... and to create facility to make distinction inside these categories (colored legend for exemple) and to relate the map view / map list with the categories ?

The managment could take place in an google map admin panel for exemple...

8)

I'm shure that you have it in mind but do you have it in your plan for a future version ?

Waiting the happening do you have a solution to colorize the line of the list in order to make manualy distinctions?

Thanks again !
:)

vkot

This is the greek translation for v1.0 beta:

Add the following in the the corresponding files:

Modifications.greek.php
$txt['googleMap'] = 'Χάρτης μελών';
$txt['googleMappinned'] = 'Μέλη με πινέζα';
$txt['googleMapc'] = 'Member Map Mod by <a href="http://www.gamerzgarage.com/">brianjw</a>';
$txt['googleMapGreenPinGD'] = 'Πινέζα κάποιου΄μέλους';
$txt['googleMapGreenPinNG'] = 'Χωρίς φύλο';
$txt['googleMapBluePin'] = 'Άντρας';
$txt['googleMapRedPin'] = 'Γυναίκα';
$txt['googleMapPurplePin'] = 'Συστοιχία πινεζών';
$txt['googleMapAddPinNote'] = '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;sa=forumProfile">Πατήστε εδώ για να πάτε να βάλετε την πινέζα σας αν δεν την έχετε βάλει ήδη.</a>';
$txt['googleMapDisclaimer'] = 'Βάλτε την πινέζα σας τόσο κοντά όσο επιθυμείτε.';
$txt['cannot_googleMap_view'] = 'Λυπούμαστε, δεν επιτρέπεται να δείτε τον Χάρτη Μελών.';
$txt['permissionname_googleMap_view'] = 'Εμφάνιση Χάρτη Μελών';
$txt['permissionhelp_googleMap_view'] = 'Επιτρέπει στους χρήστες να βλέπουν τον Χάρτη Μελών. Αν είναι απενεργοποιημένο, οι χρήστες δεν θα βλέπουν τον χάρτη.';
$txt['cannot_googleMap_place'] = 'Λυπούμαστε, δεν επιτρέπεται να βάλετε πινέζα στον Χάρτη Μελών.';
$txt['permissionname_googleMap_place'] = 'Τοποθέτηση πινέζας στον Χάρτη Μελών';
$txt['permissionhelp_googleMap_place'] = 'Επιτρέπει τους χρήστες να βάζουν την πινέζα τους στον Χάρτη Μελών. Αν είναι απενεργοποιημένο, οι χρήστες δεν θα μπορούν να τοποθετήσουν πινέζα.';

ModSettings.greek.php
$txt['googleMapsEnable'] = 'Ενεργοποίηση του Χάρτη Μελών Google';
$txt['googleMapsEnableLegend'] = 'Εμφάνιση υπομνήματος πινεζών';
$txt['googleSidebar'] = 'Που θα εμφανίζεται η λίστα μελών';
$txt['googleMapsKey'] = 'Το κλειδί (key) από την σελίδα Google Maps API Page';
$txt['googleMapsPinGender'] = 'Οι πινέζες να υποδηλώνουν το φύλο του μέλους;';
$txt['KMLoutput_enable'] = 'Να εμφανίζεται το αρχείο KML; (Το KML είναι ένα αρχείο το οποίο το κατεβάζετε από την σελίδα του Google Map και εμφανίζει τις πινέζες των μελών μέσα στο Google Earth)';
$txt['googleMapsPinNumber'] = 'Μέγιστο πλήθος πινεζών που θα εμφανίζονται στον χάρτη';
$txt['googleMapsType'] = 'Ο τύπος του χάρτη που θα εμφανίζεται';
$txt['googleMapsDefaultLat'] = 'Προκαθορισμένο γεωγραφικό πλάτος';
$txt['googleMapsDefaultLong'] = 'Προκαθορισμένο γεωγραφικό μήκος';
$txt['googleMapsDefaultZoom'] = 'Προκαθορισμένη μεγέθυνση';
$txt['googleMapsEnableClusterer'] = 'Ενεργοποίηση συστοιχίας πινεζών';
$txt['googleMapsMinMarkerCluster'] = 'Ελάχιστο πλήθος πινεζών ανά συστοιχία';
$txt['googleMapsMaxVisMarker'] = 'Μέγιστο πλήθος εμφανιζόμενων πινεζών στον χάρτη';
$txt['googleMapsMaxNumClusters'] = 'Μέγιστο πλήθος συστοιχιών';
$txt['googleMapsMaxLinesCluster'] = 'Μέγιστο πλήθος γραμμών στο πλαίσιο πληροφοριών της συστοιχίας';
$txt['googleMapFO'] = 'Χάρτης Μελών';

Who.greek.php
$txt['whoall_googlemap'] = 'Βλέπει τον <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=googlemap">Χάρτη Μελών</a>.';
$txt['whoall_.kml'] = 'Βλέπει την τροφοδοσία Google Earth.';

(brianjw: You haven't copied all the language strings to the mod page: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1010)
For specialized SMF installation/customization, Web Development, Linux Server Administration, click here.
Για εξειδικευμένες υπηρεσίες στα παραπάνω, πατήστε εδώ.

shelzmike

I have installed this mod, but it is not working at all.

Here are the specs:

SMF 1.1.5
TP 1.052
* I am using the DilberMC Theme (with color change disabled for users) that was designed specifically for TP

Here are the other Mods we have installed, it is not many...
AsSense Target Marketing 1.0
Ad Management 2.3
Auto-embed Audio/Video Clips 3.1.2
cbi., 1.0
Clickable Avatars 1.0.1
Contact Page 1.1
Expand Pages Mod 1.0
Google Tagged 1.4
Google Member Map 1.0 beta
View Single PM  1.3
SMF Sitemap 1.2.2
Ultimate Profile 0.8.5

When In installed the package, I got no errors. I have checked the forum logs - no errors. I have ensured that Enable Google Member Map is checked.

So, what is the deal? Seems like it should be working, but it isn't. Can anyone help me here? Thanks.

Mike

brianjw

@cubetgio:
I have thought over many of these different things and they have been requested. I am personally not able to do this. If anyone wants to give it a shot, they can. I just don't have the proper PHP skills at the moment to code this.

@vkot:
Thank you for posting, I am sure many will find this helpful. I have removed the code for now for the language files and just put the name of the language files. :)

@shelzmike:
None of those mods should be conflicting and it should be working if you've done all that you've said. Please PM me with an admin account to your website and I will see if I can find out what the trouble is.

Thanks,
Brian

shelzmike

Actually, thanks for the offer, but I decided two things: 1.) I like this mod as it is simple but 2.) I am not always a simple guy. :) The other admin and I agreed that this feature would be better implemented on a page all its own. We have our site constrained to 1000px and thus the map, I believe will not aesthetically fit anywhere decent. That being said, I think I will just build a page with a link in the header or something to that effect to get to the map. Thanks again for the offer!

By the way, if you are curious to see what I mean, check the site here: http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/

Mike

my evil twin

Quote from: brianjw on August 27, 2008, 04:10:47 PM
@my evil twin:
Sure it is possible. I will have to do some testing around first as I have never mixed the custom profile mod and google member map so I will check it out.

As for the changing colors of the pins for membergroup it is possible. But past my knowledge yet again. When 2Ntense gets back, he might be able to help. He is the true coder lol ;)

However, I can show you how to change colors of pins for all people:
Just open up GoogleMap.php in ./Sources/ and do this:

FIND: http://labs.google.com/ridefinder/images/mm_20_red.png and change red to whatever color. Most colors work. ;)
There are a lot of similar things with the same image code just with a different color, so search for this: http://labs.google.com/ridefinder/images/ and change the color that is in the image src somewhere to whatever color you desire. iconf stands for females and iconm stands for males. ;) if you have that feature enabled. :)

Thanks for the info.

Just took a quick look and it doesn't seem to be THAT hard to make another pin-type...

maybe i have some spare time next week, but be warned, i suck at coding very bad :D

ChaosEnergy

Hi

just installed the mod, and i love it

In admin area there is a misspell for the word DEFAULT
more important, in google template php there is a NORWAP instead of NOWRAP

one little wish
if clicking on the member in the pinned member list, it would be fine, if the map will center and zoom (defined factor x) to this member,so you dont need do manually scroll and zoom, to see who lives near and so on

Chaos Empire ®

brianjw

Thank you for reporting these. I will fix these up and get an update out.

This is definitely possible :) I am not sure if I can do it, but I will try. :)

ChaosEnergy

If I zoom manually, the map will always center to the pin..so map scrolls from america to australia and so on
so only a configurable default values will be needed, when name is clicked to be used

how about using the original location field of smf, if filled try to use it for location, so you can first pin based on this values
that way, you can generate also a member map easy with 10000 user in older boards , also if only a few pinned themself
(btw what will happen if 1000 user make their pin...a search member name, so you enter letter and it jumps down the list
c
ch
cha
and so on...
Chaos Empire ®

brianjw

Well, the location idea was already suggested. And just by my thinking, I've realized that it would not work... Because if you have a big forum, and by your forum you have about 10000 users. Google Maps cannot handle that many. So if many have the location field filled out than it will simply cause the load time on the map to be very long and would cause script errors and the pins might not even show.

Centering the map, shouldn't be too hard. But like I said, I might be able to do it.

Also, a search will not work either, because it is Google's Map and you can only put so much on it. The only kind of search feature they provide on their maps is simply a search box that only searches for locations like "New York, USA" or something. ;)

Jeff B

For some reason our member map quit displaying. The link to the map returns you to the index page of the forum. The maps still function within the profiles.

Any clues to what could be amiss?

brianjw

Quote from: Jeff B on September 01, 2008, 06:58:08 PM
For some reason our member map quit displaying. The link to the map returns you to the index page of the forum. The maps still function within the profiles.

Any clues to what could be amiss?
Please post the following information:
  • SMF Version
  • Mods Installed
  • What was the last mod (other than the Google Member Map mod) you installed and was it before/after the Google Member Map mod?
  • Have you tried increasing the amount of members that can be displayed by another hundred or so?
  • Have you changed the URL of your forum at all recently?
  • And lastly, have you made any big changes to your forum since the Google Member Map mod was installed and functioning correctly?

That is all I need to know and I should be able to help you. :)

Jeff B

Hi,  I'm running version 1.1.4

No modifications in quite some time. There may or may not have been something added after the googlemap mod, but if there was something after, everything ran fine for quite some time. I can only assume that its the number of pins in the map, but that's a guess from an idiot. (me).

I did just go and try to increase the pins from 500 to 600 then 700. Both with no results.

No change to our URL. been the same for years. :)

brianjw

Hmm, I am not sure... When did it last stop working?
Have you tried to get a new pin from google?

Jeff B

If it was the pin, wouldn't the profile functions be disabled as well? You can go into a profile and see the map there, move your pin around, whatever. You just cant view the map via www.mysite/board/index.php?action=googlemap

I'm not exactly sure when it was last working. Maybe a couple weeks ago is the last I actually looked at it. Today a member posted a thread asking if it was down.

brianjw

Hmmm, I am not sure... Things usually don't just stop working all of a sudden. ;) Something happened. But did you try to get a new pin from google. It won't affect anything but it may do something. Have you tried to modify the map at all in anyway that it was not like originally through the package?

Jeff B

Honestly, there has been nothing done. No modifications.  The only thing that could be considered as a change would be additional members putting pins on the map.

Is there a number that could trigger a shut down? A maximum amount that the map can handle?  Is there a database table that could be corrupt?

Advertisement: