Google Member Map

Started by Spuds, December 12, 2007, 01:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabre™

You will need to manually install the code on each of the failed templates, and then upload the completed templates, After you have installed the mod.
I alter the install.xml on any mod that fails instead of touching the templates. That way you can uninstall them normally.

Good luck :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

M*I*B

Quote from: November on August 28, 2009, 05:39:14 PMLooking forward to port for RC version :)

... me too, me too, me too  ;D
WriteYaa...

Micha

Dejv

Hello,

I've been using it for quite a few monts without a problem (except not always all pins are displayed)

My map is hidden for guests. I dont have this field in guests permissions - permission to view the map for guests.
No solution here in this topic yet, so probably nobody posted this before.
Does anybody have an Idea what do I need to change? Probably in sources/googlemap.php?

Thanks a lot for any hints
SMF 1.1.20

huxor

Has anyone tried this mod on 1.1.10? I would love to have a go, but am not that kind of code fixer if something breaks.

Marcus Forsberg

huxor, this mod will work without problems on SMF 1.1.10.

huxor

Oh, didn't find it listed in the mods section as compatible. Thanks mate, will install your mod very soon.

12footer

Well I tried, a searched for ways to fix my "test failed" issues and I am beginning to think all of this is over my head... I don't get it.  Is there a step by step or something even the most computer illiterate can understand?  I just want this mod on my site :(

Thanks

Sabre™

You will need to manually install the code for the failed templates.
Look on the mod download page, select your smf version, and click parse.
It will show you the edits to make for those templates.
OR
Attach the templates that have failed, to your next post.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

SAFAD

Best Regards
Sadaoui "SAFAD" Abderrahim - Lead Developer @ Electron Inc.

TurtleKicker

Can we have an update for SMF2 RC2? My users love this mod and I'd like to move to SMF2. Thanks!

Eclipse16V

Yes please update.
It runs fine on my RC1.2 und now i will update at RC2.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Redryder

OK Here is a fix for 2.0 RC2 Hope it help others.....

Fixed the code and removed the tables see new post here

Juan Carlos

Thanks for sharing this.
I installed it and I have these errors and neither appears "member map" on the menu but if you click in the area works.
The map not appear in the profile

QuoteApply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://www.vibanio.net/foro/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;desc
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: googleMap
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /homepages/24/d278389249/htdocs/vibanio/foro/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 218

Quotehttp://www.vibanio.net/foro/index.php?action=login2
8: Undefined variable: scripturl
File: /homepages/24/d278389249/htdocs/vibanio/foro/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php
Line: 6

Juan Carlos

M*I*B

Quotebut I don't think it is supported as much anymore.
Yepp, looks like this way  :-\

I will try your fix the next few days and report here. Maybe I get more errors... I have'nt the original Styles anymore and also using german utf8 as default... we will see if and who I can find them ;)

Good N8 for now and thx a lot for your work

Micha
WriteYaa...

Micha

Kindred

I have issues with your hack.

In 2.0 we got rid of the use of many tables, including in the profiles section.

Your paste of code without editing does not take that into account and just puts table code in where it does not belong and will prevent the site from validating...  and may cause issues with some browsers.

I thought I posted that hack using the DTD code back with rc1.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Redryder

Quote from: Juan Carlos on November 14, 2009, 05:52:18 PM
Thanks for sharing this.
I installed it and I have these errors and neither appears "member map" on the menu but if you click in the area works.
The map not appear in the profile

QuoteApply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://www.vibanio.net/foro/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;desc
8: Undefined index: googleMap
File: /homepages/24/d278389249/htdocs/vibanio/foro/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 218

Quotehttp://www.vibanio.net/foro/index.php?action=login2
8: Undefined variable: scripturl
File: /homepages/24/d278389249/htdocs/vibanio/foro/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php
Line: 6

If you are using a different language file then the English one, you need to add the google map items from the English file. I think that might be why you can click on it but not see the word.

The other error might not be google map mod. It looks to be when you are logging in? But appears to be in the Lang file for English? Are you using Pretty URLs mod? I think they had this error reported on smf forum. It could be another mod too.

Redryder

Quote from: Kindred on November 14, 2009, 08:42:24 PM
I have issues with your hack.

In 2.0 we got rid of the use of many tables, including in the profiles section.

Your paste of code without editing does not take that into account and just puts table code in where it does not belong and will prevent the site from validating...  and may cause issues with some browsers.

I thought I posted that hack using the DTD code back with rc1.

I didnot see the hack before if you did post it or I would have done that. I might have missed it though as this topic is large.

I don't quite have the new format of not using tables figured out. It was just a quick way of fixing it for my forum. I only posted it to help others. I have used it in IE8.0 and firefox 3.0, k-melon  and seamonkey OK but havenot tested it in IE6 or IE7 yet.

I do think if you can clean it up for the new format and re post it that would be great.

If you know of where I could learn the new way of this format that might help too. There are a few more mods I could help out on if I had some help on converting tables. :)

Juan Carlos

If you are using a different language file then the English one, you need to add the google map items from the English file. I think that might be why you can click on it but not see the word.

The other error might not be google map mod. It looks to be when you are logging in? But appears to be in the Lang file for English? Are you using Pretty URLs mod? I think they had this error reported on smf forum. It could be another mod too.

Sorry but what you mean with "google maps items"?

I install the mod and then the changes like you explain here (profile.template, modifications.english and modifications.spanish) files.

The other error only appear when install this mod, the only mod I use is AEVA.

Sorry, forget all this.
I had not changed some language files.

Now it seems that all is going quite well

Thank you very much for your answer
Juan Carlos

Juan Carlos

Juan Carlos

Kindred

and what is the issue?  You have 2 bits circled. but you have not explained what you see as a problem.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: