News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Please can we have instructions on adding Smiley Sets

Started by xjr1300, December 08, 2004, 05:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjr1300

I have read several posts to do with adding smiley sets and grow more confused by the minute.

I would like to add a set of seasonal smileys to my forum and I have a directory /forum/smileys/xmas which has files called 00000001.gif to 00000030.gif.

I would like to add them so that users can select them popup is ok but a drop down list of smiley sets would be better (I think)

Question - Is it possible to have multiple, separated groups of smileys in the popup or a list of smiley sets?

I have tried and tried but simply cannot get this to work, I have had several results I do not understand, such as lists of smileys (edit smileys) with messages such as 'not found in default, classic). I have tried to import smileys one at a time to discover I can't because : ) is already used.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone give me step by step idiots guide (we're talking epsilon minus semi-moron level) on how to add a separate set of xmas smileys so that users can choose to put them in their messages?

These instructions could be very useful to many (confused) members of this forum.

Many thanks in advance :)

Jerry

you need to rename the smileys to match the names of smileys in the other sets, then click add new smiley set and select your set. . You need to have the smileys have the same name as the other ones though but still in the /xmas folder.

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

xjr1300

xjr1300

Advertisement: