reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

青山 素子

You should be able to log in with your administrator account without issue. Once in, disable the same way you enabled the modification.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

gingeee85

unfortunatly it wont let me log into admin either

青山 素子

That is very odd as this modification does not change anything with that process.

If you want to disable the modification manually, you'll need to set "recaptcha_enabled" in the settings table to "0". This requires a manual database edit.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

gingeee85

cheers will do this now thanks

gingeee85

were abouts do i change this value, i cannot find anywere, sorry

青山 素子

It's in the database in the settings table.
Motoko-chan

gingeee85

i still have no idea were abouts it is mate at all, cant locate the file

青山 素子

It's not a file. You need to edit the database directly.
Motoko-chan

gingeee85

how do i do that, im not that good with stuff like this, got my mate to do it originally and now he dissapeard lol

青山 素子

You'll need to use a database editing tool that your host provides, such as phpMyAdmin. If you are unsure what to do, your host may be able to make the edit for you if you ask nicely.
Motoko-chan

gingeee85

right finally sorted cheers, now to try again reading the instructions properly lol

robertrael

I am getting the error "Input error: k: Format of site key was invalid".  I did some googling and tried to switch my keys, but to no avail. 

I tried really hard to search the topic for my answer. I only found one person asking about it, and ultimately you had helped them disable. I really need the functionality to cut back on spam to my forum.

SMF 1.1.14

Please advise on how to fix, and thank you.

青山 素子

If you are selecting and pasting the keys, make sure you're putting in the whole key and that you don't have a space at the end of it. The space at the end is a fairly common issue.
Motoko-chan

robertrael

Thank you for the quick response.  I just finished triple checking that.  I was also concerned that maybe my version of reCAPTCHA for SMF was incorrect, but I have 0.9.8a.  That's correct right?  The link to generate a key is the old address though.  Is there a newer version?

Thanks for your help!

robertrael

I figured it out.. I had created the key for http://host.domain.com.  When I re-read the tips I decided to try hxxp:domain.com [nonactive] even though I am only using the reCAPTCHA on hxxp:host.domain.com [nonactive] and it worked!

Thanks for your help!

xpubstargamingx

I installed this Mod with no issues, but I have no extra option under my Registration Settings and when I go to the Registration page there is nothing new there.

青山 素子

You must enable the reCAPTCHA system to use it, so you won't see anything there by default.

You might be using a custom theme that has extra template files it probably shouldn't have. Switch to the default theme and the options should show.
Motoko-chan

Steveiwonder

Cannot get keys...
Get your reCAPTCHA key here. link is dead...

Not Found
Error 404

http://recaptcha.net/api/getkey?app=recaptcha_for_smf [nofollow]

Anyone got any idea?

青山 素子

Steveiwonder, use the newest version of the modification, which has the updated URL for getting keys. Heck, just going to "http://recaptcha.net/" will take you to the main page for the service, where you can register for a key pair.

If you're really lazy, just use this link directly: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin/create
Motoko-chan

xpubstargamingx

Quote from: 青山 素子 on August 10, 2011, 03:58:54 PM
You must enable the reCAPTCHA system to use it, so you won't see anything there by default.

You might be using a custom theme that has extra template files it probably shouldn't have. Switch to the default theme and the options should show.

This was exactly what I needed to do.

Switch my Theme to Default edit the settings I wanted then switch my Theme back to my current.

Advertisement: