News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

The traveling has begun.

Started by JayBachatero, December 28, 2007, 01:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBachatero

I guess I should give you guys an update on the MotM and me.  I left NYC at 7:50AM destination Dallas Texas.  The weather in NY was beautiful and the flight went smooth for the most part.  I got to Dallas at 11:10AM DTS -6.  I was supposed to meet up with Jerm here but his flight got cancelled so he had to reroute.  I'm flying solo all the way.

Right now I'm just sitting here in the terminal waiting for my next flight at 2:15.  I'll be in Tucson at 4:05PM DTS -7.

BTW if you ever come to DFW, don't eat from the Subways that they have here.  They don't even know how to make a damn sandwich.  They loaded mines with slt and I didn't feel like being an asshole and took it like that.  They were just looking at me to see what was I going to do.

On a random note.  Seems like I can't use my laptop here since they have no outlets to charge it and I want to use it on the plane.  I also forgot to checkout from SVN before I left so I can't do much coding.  So I guess I'll just be here sitting browsing from my cell :(.

Well that's all for now.  I'll keep you guys updated on how this goes.  I'm going to see if they have vacant seats for the ealier flight to tucson and try to leave earlier.  Lets see how that goes.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

digit

The best sandwiches in Texas are served on Tortillas!   :P  You didn't order a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich did you?  lol
Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

JayBachatero

LOL nah.  I ordered a plain old turkish sandwich with all that good stuff :P.

Small update.  I'm on the waiting list for the plane that leaves at 1:25.  Hopefully they have a seat available.  One thingt that I forgot to ask was about my luggage.  It was supposed to fly direcly to Tucson so I need to ask when it will get there.  Hopefully I get it with what ever plane I leave on.
Follow me on Twitter

JayBachatero

Small update.

I threw away the other half of the damn sandwich.  The thing was disgusting.

I'm still on the waiting list for the 1:25 flight and my luggage will fly directly to Tucson from NY so they said thatit should be there before me no matter what plane I take.  That sounds good to me :).  They started boarding the plane so I should find out if I will leave now in a few minutes.  Wish me luck.
Follow me on Twitter

JayBachatero

Ok one final update before I leave.  I was able to make it on the early flight so I'll be in Tucson by 2:40.
Follow me on Twitter

SleePy

I was wondering when you would give us the update :P

Good luck.. Looks like you are going to need it as I see a few team members have had their flights canceled.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

JayBachatero

I didn't have time to give an update.  ito do the update.  I tried before I left NY but my net was down on my cell.  About luck.  Today has been a lucky day for me.  All flight have been on time.  I'm even leaving to Tucson an hour earlier.

Time to go now.  Plane is starting to move.
Follow me on Twitter

shadow82x

Good luck on your flight. Subways are good in NJ... lol But in an airprt dont expect anything to be good.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Fiery

JayBachatero

Heh I'm in Tucson already.  Got here earlier than planned.  About an hour earlier.  Seems like I'm the only one that didn't have problems with my flight.  Only problem is that my luggage is still not here.  It will be here around 6.
Follow me on Twitter

Fiery

Quote from: JayBachatero on December 28, 2007, 05:36:57 PM
Heh I'm in Tucson already.  Got here earlier than planned.  About an hour earlier.  Seems like I'm the only one that didn't have problems with my flight.  Only problem is that my luggage is still not here.  It will be here around 6.

Have fun

JayBachatero

Not much fun to have w/o the rest of the crew here.
Follow me on Twitter

SleePy

Does it have free wifi and a power socket :P
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

H

Where did it go?
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

SleePy

To Canada.. :D It was a shorter and cheaper distance :P

JayBachatero

Quote from: H on December 28, 2007, 06:22:56 PM
Where did it go?
I got it.  It went on the plane that I was supposed to be on in the first place.  It got here with everyone else.
Follow me on Twitter

Fiery

Quote from: JayBachatero on December 29, 2007, 12:48:28 AM
Quote from: H on December 28, 2007, 06:22:56 PM
Where did it go?
I got it.  It went on the plane that I was supposed to be on in the first place.  It got here with everyone else.

Good to hear

Advertisement: