News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How do I add my style sheet for header.php?

Started by Anzu, July 24, 2012, 05:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anzu

Hello. If this topic is in the wrong section, please feel free to switch it to where it needs to go.

I am using SMF 2.0.2, and have managed to integrate my header.php visually for the forums. My header.php uses a different style sheet and the Wiki article on forum/site integration does not elaborate on how to add in your own style sheet that the header will call on. From older tutorials I've found on site integration (usually referring to 1.1xx), it says to add the normal link call in this section:

I've attempted to do that, knowing that it applied to 1.1xx but I still haven't had any luck getting the code to call on the external style sheet for header.php. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you advance.

Nevermind, it seems I can just edit the index.css to style the header so long as IDs are different. :)

spottedhog

ummmmm... instead of modifying the theme's stylesheet you can just make sure to have this line in your header.php file:

$context['html_headers'] .= '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styleURL/your.css" />';

You would need to modify the href with your reality.

Advertisement: