News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Another big change for SMF 2.0 Beta 2

Started by Thantos, January 13, 2008, 05:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

Earlier today the devs got together online and had us a nice hour long chat.  One of the things we discussed was the $smfFunc variable.  In SMF 1.1 we have the $func variable.  However, the name could easily conflict with other software so we decided to change the name to $smfFunc which it was from the Alpha version through to Beta 1.

Without giving away our plans for world domination, it was decided that the name didn't fit with out long term plans as it ties it to the forum.  So we changed the name to $smcFunc.  Now what does SMC stand for?  I guess you'll just have to wait and find out later >:D

It was decided that if we were going to change the name that now really is a good time to do it as we've already made one change that touches each query and it would be easier on our mod authors if we made all such sweeping changes at once and then let things settle down.

For change itself is easy to make as you can just do a find/replace for it so we hope that it won't be too much work.

Deaks

you just told them about our plans for world domination ... spose we now need to look at something bigger.

but anyway I know what smc stands for ...

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Thantos

They only know the goal, they don't know the plan ;)

Deaks

but if they kbow the goal then they now get there before us ... we will now need to change it to the cosmos :D
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Gary

To me SMC stands for "sweet merciful crap" which is a phrase said by Homer Simpson, which was later used by a user on The No Homer's Club a forum I frequently visit for his username. :P

Is that it? :P
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Nao 尚

Simple Machines Community?
You're planning to make a CMS out of the board system, I'm guessing?
Not that it would be a bad idea, of course... ;)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Daniel15

Simple Machines Community?
So Much Code?
Simple Machines Core?
So Many Communities?
Simple Machines Computer?

[no, I don't know, I've been lazy and haven't kept up to date... My bad :P]
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

SleePy

"So Much Clogging"

I know another 3 word meaning, but I aint saying it :P
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Dannii

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Daniel15

I've got it!
"So many changes"
Fits perfectly! :D
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Nao 尚

Quote from: SleePy on January 14, 2008, 01:58:39 AM
"So Much Clogging"

I know another 3 word meaning, but I aint saying it :P
I know what you're thinking  :o
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Stallyon

SMC = Simple Machines Conspiracy! Be scared! Be very, very scared! They're watching us! They're all watching us!
Kris Bell
Dahulu Tim Penerjemah Bahasa Indonesia (Former Indonesian Translation Team)
stallyon@bigpond.com

Tidak menerima pesan pribadi (PM) jika tidak diminta (no unsolicited private messages)

Attention: Spelling errors in this message are the product of a poor school system. Pay teachures more than athleets.

[SiNaN]

Simple Machines' Coding. :)
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Gary

Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

Alan S

I just noticed that the member colour ledgend has been added as a default feature of 2.0? or maybe the mod was just installed?
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

Gary

Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

Nao 尚

Not seeing a color legend on my website. How does one activate it?

Aaron

Admin -> Configuration -> Current Theme -> Check "Show group key on board index" :)

Nao 尚

JayBachatero

Quote from: Gazmanafc on January 16, 2008, 12:47:10 PM
Default feature since 2.0 Beta 1.
Heh that's actually been there since the early early alpha stages. ;)
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Advertisement: