Custom Profile Field Mod Request

Started by myaicons, January 15, 2008, 09:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsw686

Quote from: steve b on March 31, 2008, 01:48:15 PM
rsw686 i have Custom Profile Field Mod installed but not in use
can i just remove mod then install yours without the dbconvert.php ???

Yep you sure can. The dbconvert was to migrate the user entered data.
The Reptile File
Everything reptile for anyone reptile friendly

Aquaria Talk
Community for freshwater and saltwater aquariums enthusiasts

Jed C

Kindred

It should be noted as a warning:

Since this mod is not on the SMF mod site, it has not been reviewed by the SMF team.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

fgoc

Is there any way of preventing members editing their own custom profile fields (or at least some of them) with this mod?

Ignore me - got it sorted ;)

5Stars

Quote from: rsw686 on January 15, 2008, 10:01:24 PM
I made an improved version of that mod that you can find here

hxxp:wgnrs.dynalias.com/smf/customprofile.html [nonactive]

With it you can restrict the editing and viewing to member groups.

ah the custom field profile mod didn't work for me, don't know why!
hxxp:www.that70sforum.com/ [nonactive]

Jed C

can i ask why you not got this mod approved by smf rsw686  ???

rsw686

Quote from: steve b on April 05, 2008, 07:06:07 PM
can i ask why you not got this mod approved by smf rsw686  ???

There are multiple threads on it. They wouldn't approve it because the interface was the same as this mod. Even though the underlying code is completely different. Not like I can really change the interface as I'm limited to the SMF modifications pre-built deal. Regardless it doesn't really matter as I'm not using the mod for SMF 2.0. I wrote a script to migrate the data to the built in interface.
The Reptile File
Everything reptile for anyone reptile friendly

Aquaria Talk
Community for freshwater and saltwater aquariums enthusiasts

Jed C

cheers rsw686 i was just wondering  ;)

fgoc

Hi - since upgrading to this mod from the standard CPF mod, I have been finding that the CPF information has been randomly disappearing from members profiles?

I can't figure out why it is doing this or any pattern to when it does it, I just know that it is doing it. Help!!??

fgoc

After looking through the profile_members table in the SQl database, it has completely dropped the records relating to the members whose CPF data has gone from their profile. Any idea what would cause this to happen? "Something" must be causing this as only I have access to the SQL database and only I have access to edit the CPF fields on the forum.

Big help required as I can;t just have data dropping out of the DB like this?

Thanks

Paul

fgoc

Sorry for the triple post, but I have just managed to replicate this on my test account by changing the avatar. Is there any way to stop this? Is anyone else having this issue?

EDIT:
It happens whenever ANY information in the member's profile is edited by them or Admin. All of the CPF info that is not editable by the member's membergroup is deleted.

Jed C

i finally got round to installing this mod and i must say its exactly what i wanted  ;)
i have set it up to display real names of members within groups
just wondering if it would be possible to see these name when viewing list of members in admin cp  ???

not come across the prob yet  fgoc but will shout out if i do  ;)

Advertisement: