Problem Including Attachments

Started by ^Raven^, December 17, 2004, 02:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

^Raven^

I've recently been experiencing problems using the attachments feature.  Whenever I've tried to attach a file my browser crashes.  This has happened both with Firefox 1.0 PR and with the latest versio of IE.  All I need to do is click on Additional Options beneath my post and then click on the Browse button and the browser crashes.

At first I thought this was a Firefox error since I don't use IE much but after it crashed in Firefox 12 times I tried using IE and it crashes.  I repeated the steps an additional 2 times and each time IE crashed.  I'm running Windows XP Pro and SMF 1.0 RC2.

Incase it helps here are some other processes running, at home, when I've experienced the crashing.  AIM, explorer.exe, trillian, winamp, msn messenger, Kodak Easy Share, webshots, and norton systemworks.
Jon Reinhart

Owner, CWF GameCast

Public Relations Coordinator, Battlestar Galactica Wiki

[Unknown]

So, it always happens as soon as you click post?

It doesn't happen for me; how about trying Opera?

-[Unknown]

^Raven^

Quote from: [Unknown] on December 17, 2004, 03:38:42 AM
So, it always happens as soon as you click post?

It doesn't happen for me; how about trying Opera?

-[Unknown]

Yep always.  I tried Opera and was able to get further.  Was able to actually browse to the folder and click on a file before Opera crashed.  Could this be a computer related issue?  I know it is affecting all 5 of my home systems but perhaps it started on my desktop and then either through human error (i.e. me) or some other means to allow it to happen on the other machines?

I'm running Norton Win and Disk Doctor to see if there's any major flaws on my drives but so far there is a lack of negative results.

BTW, I feel like a complete idiot that you're not able to replicate the crash.  Course, I shouldn't be surprised since this usually happens and is why I hate mentioning problems like this.
Jon Reinhart

Owner, CWF GameCast

Public Relations Coordinator, Battlestar Galactica Wiki

Advertisement: