News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SFTP Support

Started by GenkoKitsu, November 24, 2007, 01:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GenkoKitsu

My server won't allow me to use FTP to access it, I'm forced to use SFTP or SSH. This seems to be an issue with Debian, and I've asked on those lists about it and allowing plain FTP seems to be something they aren't planning on doing. And I don't feel like mucking with the guts of the OS to get it to allow FTP.

So, any chance of having support for SFTP added? It would make upgrading a whole lot easier. Right now I have to use lynx to download the packages. Or SFTP the upgrade files one by one by hand to the server.

Jules242

Hey guys, i'm from www.thehobbylounge.com [nofollow] , and I have this terrible problem as well.. is there ANY work around for SFTP and being able to connect to FTP thru SMF at all? I appreciate any suggestions at all!!

rsw686

I'm confused can't you just download the package on your computer, navigate to the download package tab in the admin section and upload the file?

I prefer SSH and SFTP over FTP. You can get a SFTP or SSH client that works like most FTP clients. What I do is use Putty on my windows box to SSH to my server. I copy the link of the file I want to download and use wget and paste the link. No need to use lynx then.
The Reptile File
Everything reptile for anyone reptile friendly

Aquaria Talk
Community for freshwater and saltwater aquariums enthusiasts

青山 素子

The problem with SSH is that there is no SSH module for PHP4, and there is for PHP5, but it is not bundled with the source (it's third-party) and not likely to be found on any hosts.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Jules242

Guys, I'm sorry. My issue is clarified here.  I didn't explain well. Thanks for your support!!

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=218356.0

Advertisement: