News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] phpBB3

Started by JayBachatero, January 23, 2008, 04:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taratibo

Thx.. Just uploaded it will check and let U know...

sunny45

what do u do with the sql files i mean how do u change it??

avguste

Huh,I want to convert phbb3 forums to smf.
Also,the phpbb3 and the smf hosts would be different
What do I do with the files I downloaded from here?How do I transfer/convert?

JayBachatero

Quote from: sunny45 on February 11, 2008, 05:40:14 AM
what do u do with the sql files i mean how do u change it??
Converting to SMF

Quote from: avguste on February 11, 2008, 10:32:48 PM
Huh,I want to convert phbb3 forums to smf.
Also,the phpbb3 and the smf hosts would be different
What do I do with the files I downloaded from here?How do I transfer/convert?
SMF phpBB must be on the same server.
Converting to SMF
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

giulio4

I've just convert phpbb3 to smf4!!Excellent!!Amazing
All go well!!Thanks a lot for your work!

mihir

when is the final version for the convert coming

Aaron

Quote from: mihir on February 12, 2008, 03:15:31 PM
when is the final version for the convert coming

When it's done. :P This version should be able to convert your phpBB 3 forum to SMF 1.1 though. :)

Computer Ninja

I just tried to convert from my phpBB3 installation (used same db and username to make it easier) and it fails on the converting groups step (step #2).

I get this error:

Converting ranks... Successful.
Converting groups...Unknown column 'group_single_user' in 'where clause'

I even made sure to choose UTF-8.

:(

rastoma

Hi,

I've been wanting to convert a php3 board to SMF FOREVER.  Thank you for this converter!!!

It didn't fully work though.  It imported all users it seems and they can login properly.  Avatars and signatures are correct, profiles information.... The number of topics and posts are exactly the same thank goodness.... BUT lots of the actual posts are missing.  There are over 49,000 messages on the board and the count is right but many categories show posts starting at year 2007 and older.

At the end of the conversion I got a page full of this:(snippet)

Notice: Undefined index: convert_script in /home/porsche1/public_html/convert.php on line 791

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/porsche1/public_html/convert.php on line 794

Notice: Undefined index: convert_script in /home/porsche1/public_html/convert.php on line 806

Notice: Undefined index: convert_script in /home/porsche1/public_html/convert.php on line 702
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics...
Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/porsche1/public_html/convert.php on line 2217

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/porsche1/public_html/convert.php on line 2218

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/porsche1/public_html/convert.php on line 1189

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/porsche1/public_html/convert.php on line 1199

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/porsche1/public_html/convert.php on line 2217

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/porsche1/public_html/convert.php on line 2218

Any suggestions?

mathmission

Ok, so far this is all very awesome software. Was able to convert PHPBB3 to SMF, made the edits in the code, but it's still telling me that user passwords are incorrect (or that they can't be retrieved). Where should I start?

JayBachatero

You made the change that I suggested above?  Also did you upgrade to phpBB3 from phpBB3?
Follow me on Twitter

mathmission

Quote from: JayBachatero on February 15, 2008, 01:57:11 AM
You made the change that I suggested above?  Also did you upgrade to phpBB3 from phpBB3?

It was PHPBB2 that I upgraded to their "gold" release. Per your other comment, the first three characters in the hash are $H$

fak3

ok here are my newbie questions :)
i just converted my phpbb3 board to smf and the script provided worked fine, but:
1. i can't login with my old password and i already changed LogInOut.php as suggested in the first post
2. not all members were imported (??)
3. hxxp:img89.imageshack.us/img89/4792/immaginepk3.jpg [nonactive] i found this 'edit message' in every post

what can i do? thanks in advance

JayBachatero

Quote from: mathmission on February 15, 2008, 09:30:37 AM
Quote from: JayBachatero on February 15, 2008, 01:57:11 AM

It was PHPBB2 that I upgraded to their "gold" release. Per your other comment, the first three characters in the hash are $H$
Post your LogInOut.php file.

Quote from: fak3 on February 16, 2008, 06:09:25 PM
ok here are my newbie questions :)
i just converted my phpbb3 board to smf and the script provided worked fine, but:
1. i can't login with my old password and i already changed LogInOut.php as suggested in the first post
2. not all members were imported (??)
3. http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4792/immaginepk3.jpg i found this 'edit message' in every post

what can i do? thanks in advance
Did you try reconverting again?  Also was this an upgrade from phpBB2?
Follow me on Twitter

fak3

first thanks for the answer, and yes i tried reconverting again but nothing changed
my phpbb3 was an upgrade from phpbb2

JayBachatero

Quote from: fak3 on February 17, 2008, 05:50:38 AM
first thanks for the answer, and yes i tried reconverting again but nothing changed
my phpbb3 was an upgrade from phpbb2
If you'd like I can take a look at this for you and see what is going on.
Follow me on Twitter

mathmission

Is there a chance that the problem is coming from the fact that both of us are having the same problem, and both of us had PHPBB2 then upgraded to PHPBB3?

H

I doubt this would change anything although there is a very small chance that this could be the case :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

JayBachatero

Quote from: mathmission on February 18, 2008, 11:59:58 AM
Is there a chance that the problem is coming from the fact that both of us are having the same problem, and both of us had PHPBB2 then upgraded to PHPBB3?
Actually yes.  phpBB2 and phpBB3 use different hashing methods for the passwords.  Also I noticed that different versions of PHP can produce different hashes.  I need to look into that one again though and see if it can be fixed.
Follow me on Twitter

jimmyeatworld

Hey, just wondering, which version of the converter do we use? The one on the first post, or on page 2?

Thanks

Advertisement: