News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMFbuy

Started by MonoTiz, February 01, 2008, 11:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fords8

MonoTiz, I was thinking on installing TechHead TP theme. You wouldn't happen to know what edits would have to be done for SMFBuy Pro to work right?

On a side note, I would like to say that this mod is awesome. MonoTiz is doing a great job with updating the mod also. He has added some great stuff to it. Again, congrats to him.

MonoTiz

Quote from: fords8 on March 15, 2008, 07:10:45 PM
MonoTiz, I was thinking on installing TechHead TP theme. You wouldn't happen to know what edits would have to be done for SMFBuy Pro to work right?
Sorry, I don't know this theme.
I must check all template file that are modify by SMFbuyPRO and modify the template of techhead theme..

masternewbie

Hi MonoTiz -
I just installed the 1.3 version and when I post a smfbuy item and type in the start bid amount, or reserve, it does not show when posted.

Another thing is the button to bid that says "Take an offer",  how do I change the button to say "Make an offer" or "Place bid"?

I am interested in the pro version but really not sure if these issues are in the pro version or not.

Thanks - looking forward to a great mod.

MonoTiz

Quote from: masternewbie on March 16, 2008, 02:27:17 AM
Hi MonoTiz -
I just installed the 1.3 version and when I post a smfbuy item and type in the start bid amount, or reserve, it does not show when posted.

Another thing is the button to bid that says "Take an offer",  how do I change the button to say "Make an offer" or "Place bid"?

I am interested in the pro version but really not sure if these issues are in the pro version or not.

Try now, I have correct the language file.

fords8

Mine says *Place Bid*. I have the Pro 2.5 ver. installed.

masternewbie

Quote from: MonoTiz on March 16, 2008, 05:14:36 AM
Quote from: masternewbie on March 16, 2008, 02:27:17 AM
Hi MonoTiz -

Try now, I have correct the language file.

MonoTiz,

I uploaded the new one and it works excellent and now shows "Place a Bid".
The starting price also works now.

One more thing, I could not find a link to the test auction of SMFbuy. Is it possible you can PM me a link to where I can see a demo of Pro version in action on the front and maybe the administrative backend. I was on your site and saw where the test demo is but the links were down. I read that there were problems so it was taken down.

Thanks!

masternewbie

Quote from: fords8 on March 16, 2008, 10:29:20 AM
Mine says *Place Bid*. I have the Pro 2.5 ver. installed.

Hey ford8 -
I saw your site and it is pretty nice. This is where I saw smfbuy in action anywhere for the first time a few days ago. That was when I installed the mod to my site to see if it would be just as nice. I am still testing it to see how it operates. Most sites have it where guests cannot get into the auction board unless register. Smfbuy is pretty cool that it tells you that you cannot bid unless you are registered. Your site is pretty nice and the theme is really cool.

MonoTiz - keep up the good work!

MonoTiz

Quote from: masternewbie on March 16, 2008, 01:30:57 PM
Is it possible you can PM me a link to where I can see a demo of Pro version in action on the front and maybe the administrative backend.
All information for test smfbuypro is here:
http://mono.ilbello.com/smf/index.php?board=5.0

masternewbie

Thanks!
I registered on your site.
Sorry for the lame questions - I did not understand the forum test that you can log in to test.

When I registered I figured it out.

fords8

Thanks for the kind words masternewbie about my site. Of course I am always working on things to make it better and get more members. The more members thing is just so hard.

4b11l

Hello,

I have a custom theme and after installing this mod and using the modification provided boy fords8, I got the SMFbuy listing button to show up on the topic nav bar.

However, after listing a new SMFbuy item, the listing doesn't show up in the thread. It looks like a regular thread post only. Any idea?

fords8

What theme are you trying to use 4b11l? It does the same thing with TechHead TP theme. There are more files that need to be edited. MonoTiz will have to look at it. I have not had time to try and get it to work in TechHead TP theme.

4b11l

I'm using the holyIT theme. I've tried manually adding some files but no success.

perplexed

look for what edits need to be done to the displaytemplate.php and add them to your displaytemplate.php file

4b11l

that doesn't work.

I tried the display, the post, the post.template, messageindex, and many others. they aren't showing up.

waremock

Does this mod work with 2.0?

Dragooon

Seeing the mod's page on author's site, it only works for SMF 1.1.4

Tony Reid

This looks pretty clean.

Does the pro version allow you to attach a fee for listings? ie: charge users?

Tony Reid

fords8

Quote from: Tony on March 19, 2008, 09:42:42 AM
This looks pretty clean.

Does the pro version allow you to attach a fee for listings? ie: charge users?

No it doesn't. But it will work with the shop mod. Not sure how well it works with it, since I do not have the shop mod installed on my site.

On a side note, I think I am going to try and get this mod to work in the TechHead TP theme. This may/should help others to edit the theme they have installed. Well I hope anyway!

MonoTiz

Quote from: waremock on March 19, 2008, 08:10:28 AM
Does this mod work with 2.0?
I'm working for install SMFbuy in SMF 2.0

Advertisement: