News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMFbuy

Started by MonoTiz, February 01, 2008, 11:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Been wrestling with this all day, good idea but it has some problems I think, finally seems to be functioning correctly on a heavily modified 1.1.10 SMF install, but now I'm having difficulties with switching board permissions back and forth between "Global" and "Local" keep getting the following error:

I want the auctions to be available on only a single board but can't seem to figure it out...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

crustybum

I think the guys site is down as i would like to purchase the pro version...

Quote from: crustybum on July 28, 2009, 03:45:12 AM

Yea I been mulling it over for hours, purchasing the pro version, but I've pretty much made up my mind that I'm going to see what sort of interest from my users we get with this free version first, it is acting ok right now but i still may have some issues with the quality of this mod, gonna give it at least a week and see what develops before deciding one way or other...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Pinball Nation

Hello everyone,I just installed the new free version of smfbuy.Everything installed with no problems.Im using smf version 1.1.10.I can't find the mod anywhere in my forum.Not even in the administration center.Its not anywhere to be found.I have installed many mods before but this is the first time this has ever happened.Can someone help me out?This looks like a great mod an i hope i get a chance to use it.I would also like to mention it does not exist in permissions either.Thanks

C4G-TK

I don't know about 1.1, but in 2.0 it is under Admin > Configuration w/ its own section there.

-img removed-

Pinball Nation

I have checked everywhere.The smfbuy program is installed.It just don't exist anywhere?

crustybum

Does anyone know if i have to remove the free one before i can install the pro version...or does it just install over it?

rmgweb

Hi: HELP PLEASE  :'(

I want to install this great mod in my Forum (1.1.8 ) but when I add the mod from the .zip file it doesn´t appears the option to install it  :'(

How can I do that?

Help me please    :'(

Pinball Nation

Good luck with getting help with this mod.Im trying to install it on smf 1.1.10 with no luck.At least i can install but after i click the install button it takes me to a page with just a red x an a link an can't see nothing else.Seems to me if there was another mod causing problems i would get an error warning or something?Can somebody help a brother out :)

crustybum

Quote from: Pinball Nation on July 30, 2009, 06:33:42 PM
Good luck with getting help with this mod.Im trying to install it on smf 1.1.10 with no luck.At least i can install but after i click the install button it takes me to a page with just a red x an a link an can't see nothing else.Seems to me if there was another mod causing problems i would get an error warning or something?Can somebody help a brother out :)

Try emailing the guy.....hes pretty quick..

Ya know, I am an experienced programmer, I just have no appreciable experience with PHP/MySQL. Some of you SMF module writers need to get it together with supporting your wares. I'm going to purchase this module pro version later but I'm not very impressed with it's support from the author.
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

crustybum

Does anyone have a "working" example of this? i dont mean a test area but a fully working forum with smfbuy installed..thanks

Chris

Quote from: crustybum on August 05, 2009, 06:40:22 AM
Does anyone have a "working" example of this? i dont mean a test area but a fully working forum with smfbuy installed..thanks

Chris

I have the free version installed and functioning on a SMF 1.1.10
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

C4G-TK

I have a functioning version in SMF 2.0 RC1.2, but it is of the PRO model and not the free version.  I have tested it out on my forum with the BUY IT NOW, AUCTION, and COMBINED AUCTION/BUY IT NOW settings and it worked fine.  Unfortunately, I have not released the feature to my forum members, so there are no longer any examples of it working right now.  I need to write up a Terms Of Use in order to make sure no one decides they want me to pay for someone else not fulfilling their deals.  (Which is a good note for anyone who uses any type of mod like this.)

If there is a question that you have, I will be back Friday evening (in two days)

-img removed-

MonoTiz

Quote from: Pinball Nation on July 30, 2009, 06:33:42 PM
This is not a problem of SMFbuy.

Is there any other MOD installed that modify the files used by SMFbuy, the package manager produces errors or warnings. In this case you must manually install the mod.

No MOD can be written and guaranteed work on all the forums and with all combinations of MOD installed!

SMFbuy (free version) is guaranteed as only working on SMF 1.1.10 without any MOD installed.

For absurd, if I install a MOD, then the uninstall, if it is not written well, can leave dirt in your code ...

The PRO version is also developed for the current SMF 2.0. For more information
http://www.monotiz.com/smf/index.php?board=6.0

MonoTiz

Quote from: crustybum on July 28, 2009, 03:45:12 AM
Yes, my site is down and I change the server to http://www.monotiz.com/smf/index.php?board=6.0

MonoTiz

Quote from: Pinball Nation on July 29, 2009, 02:27:09 PM
Hello everyone,I just installed the new free version of smfbuy.Everything installed with no problems.Im using smf version 1.1.10.I can't find the mod anywhere in my forum.Not even in the administration center.Its not anywhere to be found.I have installed many mods before but this is the first time this has ever happened.Can someone help me out?This looks like a great mod an i hope i get a chance to use it.I would also like to mention it does not exist in permissions either.Thanks
Try to this link:

http:// ---your site--- / --- your smf directory--- /index.php?action=smfbuy;sa=manageadmin

neuikc

Is there any reason why this is only being developed for 1.x? How is a person using 2.x supposed to evaluate your mod if the only available version of it is the inaccessible until purchased PRO version?

MonoTiz

Because the database function and tables of SMF 2.0 are different...

Write a MOD for SMF 1.1.x and 2.0 require more time.

Who uses SMF 2.0 simply can not install the base version.

neuikc

I still dont understand how you have a SMF 2.x compatible version only available upon purchase. How come there's not a "crippled" version like with the 1.x version?

Donating in "hopes" that the mod I'm purchasing is compatible with my current forum configuration can't be the only option. But I understand if that's what you desire.

Advertisement: