Roster page

Started by Midgard, December 25, 2004, 11:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midgard

I need a Roster page. View my moderators, or managers

Example:

http://www.raclan.org/forums/index.php?action=roster

Trekkie101

Ask jerry he may help you make one, also maybe a mod like this would be nice, also Jerry if you read this do you have a link for those star trek images, becuase the maker goes mad if you dont ;0

Midgard

Quote from: Trekkie101 on December 25, 2004, 11:22:55 AM
Ask jerry he may help you make one, also maybe a mod like this would be nice, also Jerry if you read this do you have a link for those star trek images, becuase the maker goes mad if you dont ;0

:D :D :D

Jerry is sleeping :) :) I don't wanna wait

Trekkie101

PM him then, he will get it soon, hes usually on soon anyway.

Midgard

Quote from: Trekkie101 on December 25, 2004, 11:28:21 AM
PM him then, he will get it soon, hes usually on soon anyway.

yeah, i sent.

Jerry

Quote from: Trekkie101 on December 25, 2004, 11:22:55 AM
also Jerry if you read this do you have a link for those star trek images, becuase the maker goes mad if you dont ;0
I don't currently since my website is down trekkie ;) I will have it up soon though.

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Chaplin

I'm also interested in this, a MOD would be great!

Jerry

I guess I could turn this into a mod ;)
The question is would it need to show only moderators, global mods, and admins or have an option for cutomized groups?

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Midgard

Quote from: Jerry on December 27, 2004, 12:36:54 AM
The question is would it need to show only moderators, global mods, and admins or have an option for cutomized groups?

too many develop need of roster.php (source)

Good idea Jerry, good lucks...

codenaught

Quote from: Jerry on December 27, 2004, 12:36:54 AM

It would be nice if it was very flexible. Such as you pick each group you wish to be displayed on the page and even the order of how they are displayed. I would very much like this mod, so I hope you can make it. :)
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Midgard

Query read from GROUP_ID = -1 ... May be...

klumy

this would be an interesting addition to SMF ;)

Chaplin

Flexibility would be great - I have clan members, Mods, and Admins I'd like to display

Atari

It be nice if someone knew how to incorporate vwar with SMF. I know the makers of vwar are pretty much gone and arn't working on it anymore. Its a neat little script though. Here's our page running it. Old Skool Gamers. It be nice to have it run off SMF.

There are 10 kinds of people in this World.
Those who understand Binary and those who don't

Jerry

the roster page I have running can gather any information from the users profile, I have never used vwar before. But making a page like that out of SMF's group system isn't complicated.

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

Atari

well vwar does more than just roster page. It help keep track of competitions and past/future matches. Some minor stats, etc.... Just though it be easier with 1 database and didnt know if there maybe was a bridge of some sort available. I seen a post in a non-english board but could read any of it. I dodnt know if they had any answers. :-\

There are 10 kinds of people in this World.
Those who understand Binary and those who don't

mytreo

A roster ("staff info"?) mod as you describe would be really excellent, the more options the better!! :) :) It would be cool if you could select which of the profile fields to display, even the custom ones. Anyhow, yes please I'd love such a mod! :)
Treo forum - Powered by SMF, of course
Treo news - powered by MovableType and integrated with SMF
Treo downloads - hacked from phpNuke and integrated with SMF
Treo knowledge base - powered by Wikka and integrated with SMF
Treo 650 | Treo 700w | Treo 700p

Midgard

Jerry, can you make a mod for this? :)

Advertisement: