News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

where is the source code that generates a post?

Started by jetpacman, February 17, 2008, 01:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jetpacman

I am wanting to restyle individual posts. I have noticed that when you view a thread each post uses the "windowbg" "windowbg2" for the class attribute alternatin g between these.

Where can I find the php that actually outputs the markup for each post, in the default theme.  I want to change the class attribute from "windowbg" and "windowbg2" to my own class.

I have been searching through the files and been trying to find the source that generates the posts but I seem to be looking in the wrong places. Does anybody know where I can find this.

I also want to change the way a post looks and move the" quote" "modify" and "remove" links etc.

I hope my question makes sense.

jamesk

I believe the Display.template.php is the file you're looking for, particularly this piece of code:

<td class="', $message['alternate'] == 0 ? 'windowbg' : 'windowbg2', '">';

jetpacman

Thanks jamesk you saved me from going bald. that is indeed what I was looking for. I was looking in all the wrong places like post.template.php and I was trying to make sense of it all.
I see the other code in there that I want to change as well :)

jamesk

No problem.  I just remembered (for future use) htat there's a list of templates here:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=219

Advertisement: