SMFShop - Shop MOD

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, December 27, 2004, 06:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjoe11a

Ok, The 1st error your getting is related to the server it self. I would  try running your item more the 1 time to see what happens again.

and the 2nd error your getting is because when you click on the go back button. and because of the 1st error. It blanks out the username from the forum.

SMF Forums http://www.df-barracks.com Where gamers go.

frx

Will there be an option to reset all credits at same time?

Or the only way to do it is in the myphpadmin tables?

bigjoe11a

Quote from: frx on March 27, 2011, 06:11:53 PM
Will there be an option to reset all credits at same time?

Or the only way to do it is in the myphpadmin tables?

Well resetting users credits to 0 is not a very good idea. Since your users spend time posting topic's.
And doing some thing like that would piss off a lot of users. So that's is not a very good idea.

venex

vbgamer are you interested on adding some features and SELLING ME (and who ever you want) the upgrade? I love this MOD and I think if somethings are added to it, it would be the best MOD.

vbgamer45

At this time I am pretty busy with projects so have no time.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Biology Forums

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to program this mod so that if you're the first one to respond to a topic, you get a different amount of points than if you were the 2nd or 3rd person to respond, etc. ?

venex

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 13, 2011, 01:42:45 PM
Well.. whenever you have time, just let me know. I having some issues with my users because they are getting too rich and whenever I put an item, one person buys it all and then resell it for more coins. So I would like to have a buying limit. Also, it would be great to have a transaction log. People often say "i sent him X amount of coins" and the other one says that he didn't receive it... or things like that. So yeah, those are the two main features that I would be really interested on buying if you can do them some day ;D.

Thanks for answering.

bigjoe11a

Quote from: shuban on April 14, 2011, 10:26:20 PM
Hi everyone,

Is there a way to program this mod so that if you're the first one to respond to a topic, you get a different amount of points than if you were the 2nd or 3rd person to respond, etc. ?

Just set the points you wanted to set in the settings page. Like points the user will get when they post a topic or reply to a topic. and leave the per word to 0. and per letter (Char) to 0 too.
Quote from: venex on April 15, 2011, 01:22:59 AM
Well.. whenever you have time, just let me know. I having some issues with my users because they are getting too rich and whenever I put an item, one person buys it all and then resell it for more coins. So I would like to have a buying limit. Also, it would be great to have a transaction log. People often say "i sent him X amount of coins" and the other one says that he didn't receive it... or things like that. So yeah, those are the two main features that I would be really interested on buying if you can do them some day ;D.

Thanks for answering.

Well try increasing the amount of the price for the item. If the Item is set for 2500 credits. and your settings allows per word or per Char (Letter) that's why. Try setting these to 0. Just apply the credits given per topic and reply. Then increase the amount for credits for the item.

Remember this is the idea behind SMFShop is for users to buy and sell items that you offer. If all else fails limit the number of items to have for sale.

Biology Forums

Quote from: bigjoe11a on April 15, 2011, 05:46:28 AM

I think you misunderstood my question. The person who answers FIRST, gets say 30 points, and the person who answers second within that same topic gets 15 points. The person who answers third gets 15, and so on. I just want to encourage people to answer questions right away so that they get double the points, for example, than if they were 2nd, 3rd, or fourth to answer.

Kindred

no...  the mod is not set up to do anything like that. Doing that would require additional logic and a re-write of the post-point system
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Biology Forums

Quote from: Kindred on April 15, 2011, 05:47:54 PM
no...  the mod is not set up to do anything like that. Doing that would require additional logic and a re-write of the post-point system

Crap, I wish I knew how to program this stuff  :-[

bigjoe11a

Yes, he's right. It doesn't work like that. Sorry. Can I ask why you wanted different amounts to users to post replies and so on.

Biology Forums

As an incentive to be the first to answer. Like you'd find on Yahoo Answers. It's a fun way of competing with those who want the points.

http://biology-forums.com

venex

Quote from: bigjoe11a on April 15, 2011, 05:46:28 AM
Quote from: shuban on April 14, 2011, 10:26:20 PM
Hi everyone,

Just set the points you wanted to set in the settings page. Like points the user will get when they post a topic or reply to a topic. and leave the per word to 0. and per letter (Char) to 0 too.
Quote from: venex on April 15, 2011, 01:22:59 AM

Thanks for answering.

Well try increasing the amount of the price for the item. If the Item is set for 2500 credits. and your settings allows per word or per Char (Letter) that's why. Try setting these to 0. Just apply the credits given per topic and reply. Then increase the amount for credits for the item.

Remember this is the idea behind SMFShop is for users to buy and sell items that you offer. If all else fails limit the number of items to have for sale.
My items are way more expensive than that lol. It's amazing how my users developed a merchant ability over the last 2 years. It's kind o my fault because I installed the shop with (i think) 2% interest in the bank and did not use the shop that much. Obviously if you keep your money in the bank for long time without touching it, 3 months later you will have a lot of money (that doesn't happen in real life tho.. lol). So yeah, now poeple in my forum sell credits for real money, buy stuff over the internet and can even buy membership subscription since a person asks for forum credits and in exchange, he would pay for the user's membership subscription to the forum. My cheapest items are like 1500 coins. Yesterday I included more items and those are like 10000 coins. I put the interest to 1% and increase the fees of withdrawing and depositing from and to the bank. And I just give 6 coins per comment and 11 per topic. I don't have the "coins per word or per letter... I never had that. Users are not happy but that's the only way I could do it. Plus, one of my users gave me script to add to the shop that let the admin set up a limit per item. If vbgamer wants this to be in the next release, I could put the download link here. Now, I would just need the transactions log.

anakmacan

Quote from: grynmoors on February 22, 2011, 08:21:59 PM
When a purchase for "Make Topic Sticky" is attempted to be used, the user receives the following error:

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

Same problem here.

venex

I found a bug that can duplicate the money u have in the bank... (well... someone else in my forum found it and used it -.-! he's banned now lol... ANOTHER user that knew the bug told us)...

Idk if its safe to post it here... so I'm just gonna ask if you want me to post it here or u want me to send u a PM.

bigjoe11a

live627

treehugger

Using SMF2.0 RC5 on my kids site and would like to let one of the older kids administrate the Shop without giving her full GM/Admin permissions.

Is it possible for a unique Membergroup to administrate the Shop please?

bigjoe11a

All you have to do is create a new members group and give access to the admin shop. Then just add the user to the new member group that you want to Admin the shop.

Advertisement: