News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMFShop - Shop MOD

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, December 27, 2004, 06:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Can they provide examples? Of the queries or anything so we can track it down?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

wynnyelle

I misundrestood what flamer told me. he means this: My forum uses caching to cut down on lag. The shop cannot work with caching because it caches the shop requests. I need a workaround for this. So the shop is exempt from being cached.

Biology Forums

Quote from: shuban on January 03, 2012, 01:45:07 AM
Is it possible to configure this mod where if a member clicks the Facebook "like" button on the website, they earn 10 points automatically?

Will pay a fee is someone can configure this for me.
Bump

vbgamer45

Would depend on how it is  done if is possible is just a link that they click then goes to facebook to click Like would have to find out if works.

If it involes using open graph to track likes on memberbasis that is whole another set of apis and that would be expensive.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

wynnyelle

What? Do you mean for the caching workaround?

vbgamer45

Sorry no for another post. What type of caching? If the Shop does caching it would use the same SMF 2.0 caching functions that SMF uses for everything else.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

wynnyelle

Ah okay thank you for getting back to me. This is what my host told me:

We use memcached + Eaccelerator on your server with caching set on level 2. This is causing delay in the updates for the values in your bank. So, you might want to stop it from caching at all.

Lyne

Quote from: Groovystar on January 04, 2012, 06:23:02 PM
Quote from: Lyne on January 04, 2012, 06:19:45 AM
I'm so sooowwy if this has been asked already... but I've used the search trying to find an answer for days and... nothing. I also checked on the official SMF Shop page and what people commented back in 2007... seems to be missing now.

Okay, so... I'd like to figure out if there's a way to configure the credits earned by forum. Specifically, I'd love to be able to disable the shop giving credits to the users for posting in a certain forum.

There's a chit-chat section in my forum where posts are not counted, and people pretty much abuses posting there for them to earn credits like crazy since the store was implemented.

In the SMF Shop's official forum someone said you could configure permissions per forum, back in 2007, but I can't find the option in SMF2. I've looked for it with the default skin too and... nothing.

Any ideas?
You'd pretty much save my life <3.
Thanks in advance.

We have the same problem and it's a big one. There is widespread abuse. 1. all boards earn points the same, nothing we can do to weight some boards more or just turn it off for non-post-counting boards. 2. Editing a post to make it longer or shorter doesn't add or remove points. This is widely exploited. 3. Deleting a post doesn't remove the points it gave. This is also widely exploited.

I'd be very interested in fixes for these 3 things. Name your price.

OMG! Never thought of that. I hope they won't either or they'll drive me crazy D:
I'd be willing to donate for these fixes too.

wynnyelle

Quote from: Groovystar on January 05, 2012, 05:40:28 PM
Ah okay thank you for getting back to me. This is what my host told me:

We use memcached + Eaccelerator on your server with caching set on level 2. This is causing delay in the updates for the values in your bank. So, you might want to stop it from caching at all.

Do you have any solutions regarding this? If not, what should I do?

Biology Forums

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 05, 2012, 04:49:18 PM
Would depend on how it is  done if is possible is just a link that they click then goes to facebook to click Like would have to find out if works.

If it involes using open graph to track likes on memberbasis that is whole another set of apis and that would be expensive.

Could you tell me how much work it would take, I really want this little modification :(

wynnyelle

What I mean is, is there a way to create a workaround for the bank that lets it bypass caching of this kind?

Ventic

hcfwesker

Quote from: Ventic on January 09, 2012, 04:39:39 PM
how i can do all ppl coins 0?

run an sql query in phpMyAdmin under smf_members to reset all members 'money' tables to 0

I don't know how to do it, actually, but I think that's your best option.

Ventic

Ventic

and by the way i want only bank money to be wiped

hcfwesker

wynnyelle

Would that help with my caching-bank conflict problem?

hcfwesker

Quote from: Groovystar on January 09, 2012, 10:56:45 PM
Would that help with my caching-bank conflict problem?

no.  If it would have I would have quoted your post and told you directly.  If I don't post a quote, it means I'm only talking directly to the last poster abocve my post.

The link I provided him allows admins to reset members cash and bank accounts.

I don't really want to say anything in here, but since you only have like 15 items in your shop, it wouldn't be too hard for you to switch to SA Shop, which has most of the features you're asking for.

wynnyelle

Oh--I'm sorry! I'm not looking to switch to one or the other anyway, I just need a fix for the caching conflict. I'll leave you alone now :)

Advertisement: