News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMFChess

Started by feeble, February 29, 2008, 11:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe N

Quote from: andy40 on May 23, 2009, 10:09:12 AM
Quote from: Joe N on May 23, 2009, 10:04:46 AM
Quote from: andy40 on May 23, 2009, 09:58:28 AM
hi when someone trys to play a game it goes to a blank page does anyone know how to fix this?

Whats your site?

can i pm it you ?

yeah
Microsoft: "We Need to Imagine Life Without Walls."
I Say: "If There are No Walls Who needs Windows."

My Mods (6) All My Mods Updated To SMF 2.0 RC2 and SMF 1.1.10!

andy40

at the top of the page that goes blank it says this below does anyone know a fix

http501 not implemented/http 505 version not supported

andy40

hi i take it no one knows why mine goes to a blank page

andy40

looks the support for this mod as gone i might aswell remove it from my forum as i dont know how to sort it

Sabre™

Yes, that may be the correct solution for now.
Just a couple questions before you do :)
Have you tried redownloading a fresh copy of the mod, uninstalling what you have now, and uploading the fresh copy?
Are you using a custom or default theme?
I take it youre installing this on an smf 1.x.x board, as it is not designed for smf 2 as of yet?
Are there any errors in your error log?
Im gathering it isnt possible for you to add a link to your site?  It is usually easier for help to be on the page(see the problem)

Sorry if youve already given the above info, I was just passing through and saw your multi posts lol ;)

Cheers :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

andy40

hi tried a new copy and yes its default and i get this error below when i click eccept and i can pm you a link to my site if you would like to look

Method Not Implemented

GET to /forum/index.php not supported.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

Joe N

Could you attach your index.php?
Microsoft: "We Need to Imagine Life Without Walls."
I Say: "If There are No Walls Who needs Windows."

My Mods (6) All My Mods Updated To SMF 2.0 RC2 and SMF 1.1.10!

Sabre™

Try changing your file(s) permission to 777, if that doesn't work, ask your host if they have mod_security enabled.
You could try inserting this into your .htaccess file
<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

You can read a little on mod_security [HERE].
Google is your friend also ;)

Hope this helps :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

andy40

all sorted not thanks to Sabre™  ;)

Sabre™

lmao ;D

Good job mate, glad you got it sorted :)

machmanx

*sigh* search only gives me one result, so I'll ask my questions, even if they are repeats.  The following haven't been working since 2.0 beta 4 and is still not working as I have RC1-1...any fixes?  :-

-The leaderboard does not work

-Doesn't add up total wins and losses

-Errors occur when using the "undo" button

tfs

Quote from: machmanx on May 26, 2009, 12:20:42 PM
*sigh* search only gives me one result, so I'll ask my questions, even if they are repeats.

I and a few others in here have tried contacting the author of this mod, but as far as I know nobody has succeeded. 
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

busterone

The mod author has not been active since October of 2008.  I have had a few minor issues with it myself, but it doesn't get used anymore, so no big deal to me now.

tfs

Quote from: busterone on May 26, 2009, 09:57:53 PM
The mod author has not been active since October of 2008.  I have had a few minor issues with it myself, but it doesn't get used anymore, so no big deal to me now.

I just started my forum about two months ago, and have people who would LOVE to play some chess online with me, but I'm running SMF 2.0 RC1-1, so no go.  I have a hard time believing that someone who wrote a mod as sophisticated as this one would seemingly abandon it like this.  I wonder if something happened to feeble?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;u=37052

I actually setup a 1.18 forum UNDER my 2.0 forum where the chess mod will run, and if I could figure out a way to have someone logged into one forum be logged into the other I'd do it.  Then run SMFChess like an old BBS door program inside of SMF 1.1x running under SMF 2.  But eventually one must come to the conclusion that I'm getting a bit absurd about it, and I let it go.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Antechinus

I want this for 2.0 myself. Hmmmm, unattended mod...........................

busterone

Quote from: tfs on May 26, 2009, 10:25:28 PM
Quote from: busterone on May 26, 2009, 09:57:53 PM

I just started my forum about two months ago, and have people who would LOVE to play some chess online with me, but I'm running SMF 2.0 RC1-1, so no go.  I have a hard time believing that someone who wrote a mod as sophisticated as this one would seemingly abandon it like this.  I wonder if something happened to feeble?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;u=37052

I actually setup a 1.18 forum UNDER my 2.0 forum where the chess mod will run, and if I could figure out a way to have someone logged into one forum be logged into the other I'd do it.  Then run SMFChess like an old BBS door program inside of SMF 1.1x running under SMF 2.  But eventually one must come to the conclusion that I'm getting a bit absurd about it, and I let it go.
For a temp solution, that can be done. There are several topics here on how to make two different forum installations shared the same database. I have seen them, but I have not really read through them since I had no need for that. I have no idea where they are either, but I am sure the search should lead you to them.  That could be a workaround solution for you.   :)

machmanx

Wow, I just noticed the inactive time. :(

It would've been nice if feeble left this mod in the care of another user, because it's a rule in these forums that other ppl cannot take over this mod unless given permission by the original author.

SMFChess ROCKS!  We need support!

Bigguy

Give him more time to come back. :)

Sabre™

Quote from: Bigguy on June 05, 2009, 09:29:15 PM
Give him more time to come back. :)

Indeed.
Life ventures often take priority (studies etc..), not always does absence equal abandoned ;)

drhamza

is there a chance for developing this mod to work at smf 2.0 RC1

if that's already available, please give me a link for that

Advertisement: