News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Stars and Badges

Started by Bulakbol, February 29, 2008, 11:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcfwesker

Quote from: hctez on September 20, 2011, 10:05:11 PM
Hi, im using 2.0 RC5 and i want to use this mod  but when i try to install it with the package manager i get a lot of errors, can anyone tell me if it still works with my version? and if it does, how do i install it?.

This is very common, you're gonna have to parse the mod and make manual edits to the files it calls for that are getting errors.  On the package install errors page, look at the files that are getting errors, then click the arrows to the left, which will bring up a pop-up page showing the edits needing to be made.    Once you make all the manual edits for files that are getting errors, just install the MOD afterwards, the errors will still show, cause the package can't make the edits, even after you do.  Just be sure to make backups of the files just in case of an error on your part.

QuoteAnother question, is there a way to show the avatar BEFORE de stars/badges?

Thanks!!

Yes, it's a simple edit, just place the edit for the stars & Badges MOD above the code for avatars in your Themes/default/Display.template.php file.

hctez

hctez

One more thing, now i want to "center" the badges, not left-align.

Also i found a problem, after installing the mod, i can't see some symbols for example "ñ" or "´" (im from argentina, language=spanish), i see this instead �

Any help?

Thanks!!

LetterBox

Hello, i wish to install it on 2.1 on a custome theme, and when i parse, it shows

It failed <replace> ./sources/loap.php

and

<add before> ./sources/managesettings.php

and

<replace> ./themes/default/personalmessage.template.php

and

<replace> ./themes/default/display.template.php

I am totally a novice, would need step by step help on this.

Thanks!

Shawn90

Yo Johny man I just installed your mod... I made a new membersgroup but when I upload the badge it's extremely huge. I resized it and reuploaded it and got the same results. Can you help me out man?
Detroit Police Officer

LetterBox

Just another update, do i go along with the install if there's error, and just add in this like first post says?

if (!empty($message['member']['additional_groups']['id']))
   for ($i = 0; $i < count($message['member']['additional_groups']['id']); $i++)
      echo $message['member']['additional_groups']['stars'][$i], '<br />';

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The parts which failed during the install parse :

<replace> ./sources/loap.php

and

<add before> ./sources/managesettings.php

and

<replace> ./themes/default/personalmessage.template.php

and

<replace> ./themes/default/display.template.php

hcfwesker

Quote from: LetterBox on September 22, 2011, 02:47:29 PM
Just another update, do i go along with the install if there's error,

All the files with show install errors, you have to manually make those edits.  Parse the mod on the package page where you downloaded it from, and check the file edits and make the changes.

OR

in the package manager, the page that tells you there's errors, click the arrow to the left of the file thats getting an error, and click it til a pop-up box appears.  that will show you what edits need to be made.  Make edits to all the files that get errors, then, install the MOD.

Always make backups before doing anything you're not sure of just as a safety precaution.

hcfwesker

Quote from: Shawn90 on September 22, 2011, 10:53:58 AM
Yo Johny man I just installed your mod... I made a new membersgroup but when I upload the badge it's extremely huge. I resized it and reuploaded it and got the same results. Can you help me out man?

try readding the image manually where you edits membergroups.  Or do a hard refresh, F5 on your keyboard.

LetterBox

Help on installing on custom theme please! Thanks!

And umm, does the badge go above or below the primary group's badge?

Shawn90

Quote from: hcfwesker on September 22, 2011, 07:27:17 PM

try readding the image manually where you edits membergroups.  Or do a hard refresh, F5 on your keyboard.

So when I upload the badges to the profile do I use the HTML coding?

Update:
Here are some screen shots to show u what they look like.
Detroit Police Officer

4Kstore

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

Shawn90

Detroit Police Officer

JoeyD0831

I'm able to hide groups I don't want visible in posts using the arrange IDs in feature and options but this doesn't hide them in my profile. How do I hide them in my profile?

hcfwesker

Quote from: Shawn90 on September 23, 2011, 02:18:39 PM
Quote from: hcfwesker on September 22, 2011, 07:27:17 PM

So when I upload the badges to the profile do I use the HTML coding?

Update:
Here are some screen shots to show u what they look like.

No, use the direct link.   Though, they should be uploaded to your database in an images folder.

Lord991

How to fix this error, I am using 1.1.16  :(

8: Undefined index: post_group_stars
File: /Themes/default/Display.template.php
Line: 285

8: Undefined index: group_stars
File: /Themes/default/Display.template.php
Line: 283

hcfwesker

I think those errors has to do with the smf default group stars for member groups, not this MOD. 

Lord991

I posted there, and they referred me to this topic, where to ask now?  :o

Edit: Here's the Display.template.php

sCeege

Has anyone managed to get this running with v2.0.2? This seems to be the most updated option of showing multiple group badges, but I'm running into errors when I'm installing to 2.0.2 =(

hcfwesker

Quote from: sCeege on February 02, 2012, 05:56:20 PM
Has anyone managed to get this running with v2.0.2? This seems to be the most updated option of showing multiple group badges, but I'm running into errors when I'm installing to 2.0.2 =(

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=225743.msg3168718#msg3168718

sCeege

Quote from: hcfwesker on February 02, 2012, 09:00:43 PM
Quote from: sCeege on February 02, 2012, 05:56:20 PM

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=225743.msg3168718#msg3168718

Yeah, I tried that link earlier as well, but the website hosting it has a broken registration page (required for download), and the author isn't publishing the download on the official mod database =(.

Advertisement: