News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 1.0 Final

Started by [Unknown], December 29, 2004, 08:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grudge

Quote from: nokonium on December 30, 2004, 03:27:32 AM
Sorry for a dampener, but I cannot get the mod to 1.0 final.

OK, I'm running RC2 and in Admin, "1.0 Final released", browse "No updates available for RC1", wtf?. OK I'll get it myself, download the update tar.gz to my PC, upload - connection reset by server, upload - connection reset by server, upload - connection reset by server. OK I'll push it up, ftp'd into Packages (with the other tar.gz's) no problem, except the package isn't available to install.

Suggestions please........
Hi, the "downloads" on the download page here are not actually package files. You need to simply extract them on your own computer and upload the contents to your server.
I'm only a half geek really...

octopus22

thanx for your job, dev team!!
this is the best forum software i ever have installed.
and this is very, very good new year present. the only, i waited for  ;)

Mr. Jinx

Thanks for making the best free forum software!

oscar2001

Cool :)

Just a quick question.
Im going to use the upgrade rather than the update as I have a lot of mods on my rc2 (as unknown suggested at the beggining of this thread)
After the upgrade will the package manager show the mods as still installed or will I have to delete them from the package manager and re-upload them? I have uninstalled a lot of the mods but some wont uninstall correctly according to the package manager pre-uninstall procedure.

Anyway thanks for the hard work  :)

Grudge

You would generally be better off uninstalling the mods. Otherwise indeed use the upgrade file and delete the mods from the package manager and start again and all should be good :)
I'm only a half geek really...

Rpg Cyco

Great work SMF team! ;D Best forum software ever. ;)

- Rpg Cyco

Lefteris_D

Just finished a flawless upgrade. I did worry about the custom skin I'm using for a while but it all worked out fine :)

Great work SMF team!

Zencefil

Congratulations SMF people and the community. :) It looks like my websites will have to wait for a while to open up but I'll be encouraging fellow YabbSE users to upgrade meantime. Besides, I will have a more complete, bugfree product in hand when I have the chance to install one. ;D

Pentium III 550/100 MHz,
384 MB RAM, XP Pro SP 2

Trekkie101

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Great Work, ill update right away right after posting this, its great to see the baby growing up into a child, lets make the move to adulthood for SMF quick and make it the premier choice for Forum Software. Go SMF Go DevTeam

You all rock, SMF Rocks.

Its long awaited but im loving it, ive loved SMf from the moment i seen it on Boardnations about us page, well done is all i can say, its great and im exstatic and gonna push for more people to convert.

johnm

hi ive got a lot of mods on my board, ive tried to uninstall them but most of them are showing failures

so whats the best way to go about this?

should i use the upgrade?

thanks everyone and have a good new year! ;D

Burpee

Good job guys!

But the work has not yet stopped, there are greater things to come: SMF 1.1!

LiroyvH

Congratulations,

and thank you! :)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Trekkie101

Quote from: johnm on December 30, 2004, 06:50:50 AM
hi ive got a lot of mods on my board, ive tried to uninstall them but most of them are showing failures

so whats the best way to go about this?

should i use the upgrade?

You could, it wouldnt do any harm apart from break the mods, you may need to re-install some of the mods though and maybe replace a few other files. Just try, you can always overwrite the files anyway.

[Unknown]

Quote from: Diplomat on December 30, 2004, 12:29:26 AM
one question

can i use my same templates from my beta 5 (like display, boardindex, profile mainly) on final 1.0 or would i have to re-edit the new final 1.0 templates?

Beta 5 themes may have to be updated some.  Most of the changes should be in RC1 - and if you have any problems updating the themes, please feel free to post about it here so we can help you ;).

Quote from: Fizzy on December 30, 2004, 05:07:29 AM
18 months in the making,  thousands upon thousands of lines of code, countless hundreds of hours of dedication by the Team, more bottles of Valium then we could probably count.......

Actually, I joined the team exactly 2 years to the day before this release ^_^.  And I've been working on SMF (then "my secret project") since February that year.

-[Unknown]

Trekkie101

and you dont know how greatful we all are for this it was very nice of you to do this, and i try to help out by helping people use your SOON TO BE Award winning software.  ;)

huijaa

I've upgraded to newest version "SMF 1.0" and no any problem anymore...

Great work, teams!
Dovenforum Nederland -- a forum for deaf people in the Netherlands --

Nyx

Quote from: Grudge on December 30, 2004, 05:42:27 AM
You would generally be better off uninstalling the mods. Otherwise indeed use the upgrade file and delete the mods from the package manager and start again and all should be good :)

i can´t install packages

Example:
Package Manager - Install Actions
Install Actions for archive OnLineUsersToday.tar.gz:
There are no installation or uninstallation actions defined!

Package Manager - Install Actions
Install Actions for archive TheBarOfExperience.tar.gz:
There are no installation or uninstallation actions defined!

mytreo

Brilliant work, kudos to the whole SMF team!
Treo forum - Powered by SMF, of course
Treo news - powered by MovableType and integrated with SMF
Treo downloads - hacked from phpNuke and integrated with SMF
Treo knowledge base - powered by Wikka and integrated with SMF
Treo 650 | Treo 700w | Treo 700p

Trekkie101

@ NYX

Seems like the versions are out of date in the mods, give the deveopers of them time to catch up, some dont even know SMF 1 is out yet.

bojzi

The mind is like a parachute, it only works if it's open.

Advertisement: