News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Referral System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 03, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aED

Quote from: TAR-FOUNDER on February 24, 2010, 01:39:57 AM
There is no referral stuff on the profile page nor does the referal link work.

What version of SMF are you using? Are you using a custom theme?

What does it show if you tried to visit a referral link?

rd

Did you install correctly? Any errors? Custom theme?

nucode

how long i have to wait for including my translation to this mod?

massdog.com

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare loadreferral() (previously declared in /home/okecinta/public_html/chachashop.com/forum/Sources/Load.php:2217) in /home/okecinta/public_html/chachashop.com/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 2395

i got this error and i use this theme SuperNatural2 from themes

Please help me  :'(

smp420

You installed it twice on the mod page pick your version of smf and parse it then you will have to manually remove the code from the second install.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

mrtrc266

Any ideas on this?

Using RC3 it works fine on the default profile template. I see the whole referral link

After install the Ultimate Profile Mod and doing the edit to the UltimateProfile.template.php file

I only see this "?action=register;referredby=1" instead of this "http://localhost/smf/index.php?action=register;referredby=1"

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 08, 2010, 09:31:26 PM
Updated for SMF 2.0 RC3!

Hi VBgamer... I only have a minor little glitch with this mod on my SMF 2.0 RC3 install, you can see what it's doing in my "More Stats" screen at my site (see signature)...

Should an easy fix... seems good to go every where else in the mod tho, great job...

I've even implemented a cash prize contest based on this mod, so if we could get the aesthetics squared away I'd be all set to go

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

JBlaze

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 09, 2010, 10:39:42 PM
Any ideas on this?

Using RC3 it works fine on the default profile template. I see the whole referral link

After install the Ultimate Profile Mod and doing the edit to the UltimateProfile.template.php file

I only see this "?action=register;referredby=1" instead of this "http://localhost/smf/index.php?action=register;referredby=1"

$scripturl isn't being globaled.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: bperry921 on March 20, 2010, 03:28:37 AM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 08, 2010, 09:31:26 PM
Updated for SMF 2.0 RC3!

Hi VBgamer... I only have a minor little glitch with this mod on my SMF 2.0 RC3 install, you can see what it's doing in my "More Stats" screen at my site (see signature)...

Should an easy fix... seems good to go every where else in the mod tho, great job...

I've even implemented a cash prize contest based on this mod, so if we could get the aesthetics squared away I'd be all set to go

Any word on this issue?
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

tatack

Could you please let me know what need to be changed in order to traslate this MOD to italian language?

Thank You

pokerullz

Thanks for the mod. I just have a question because something is not working.

When I click the referral link and get to the registration page, the user who referred is not added automatically! The user needs to search for the person who referred him. How or what to edit in order that the user who referred is added without searching? I need this mod for a contest of mine :D. I tried on the basic theme and custom theme. Cleared the cookies everytime aswell.

Thanks for the mod btw.

Update 1 : Oh and my link looks like this : hxxx://pokerullz.com/register/referredby,1/   . Is it alright? I am using SimpleSEF aswell.

Update 2  : I switched off SimpleSef to try to see if it works and it works!!! How can I get a way around it so I can use both and the one who referred is added automatically? Ty
Cheers.

mrtrc266

Quote from: JBlaze on March 20, 2010, 05:41:54 AM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 09, 2010, 10:39:42 PM
Any ideas on this?

$scripturl isn't being globaled.

Thank you for the response, how do I fix it though? I just installed this live and I'm getting the same thing.

Everyone's referral link is: ?action=register;referredby=X

EDIT: Never mind I got it. For anyone else....
Found /UltimateProfile.template.php
function up_block_user_info() {
    global $settings, $txt, $context;

Replaced with
function up_block_user_info() {
    global $settings, $txt, $context, $scripturl;

ozzie1016

I installed it and it works great. I am using rc3...I do have one question though...is there a way to hide the stats from other members...to make it just so admins can see it. I don't see anything in permissions that allows a change on this....Thanks in advance

Diamond1444

Afro

Mod installed correctly but when i try to copy the link from my profile, it refuses to copy.
it can be highlighted but ctrl+C doesnt work.
Right click removes the highlight and copies only " ; ".

Edit.. it works on Firefox, the problem was on Google chrome.

Another question is why this doesnt have any config link on the admin panel..
I also assume it is safe to remove the link from the registration page ?

Hoodie

I'm not sure why at all this error is occurring but I'm getting it whenever not logged into the forums when using this mod..

8: Undefined index: server
File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/demo/shared/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 799

I uninstall the mod and everything is good to go..

This is line 799 and surrounding:

779:     
780:     $str = !is_bool($show_today) ? $show_today : $user_info['time_format'];
781:     
782:     if (setlocale(LC_TIME, $txt['lang_locale']))
783:     {
784:     foreach (array('%a', '%A', '%b', '%B') as $token)
785:     if (strpos($str, $token) !== false)
786:     $str = str_replace($token, !empty($txt['lang_capitalize_dates']) ? $smcFunc['ucwords'](strftime($token, $time)) : strftime($token, $time), $str);
787:     }
788:     else
789:     {
790:     // Do-it-yourself time localization.  Fun.
791:     foreach (array('%a' => 'days_short', '%A' => 'days', '%b' => 'months_short', '%B' => 'months') as $token => $text_label)
792:     if (strpos($str, $token) !== false)
793:     $str = str_replace($token, $txt[$text_label][(int) strftime($token === '%a' || $token === '%A' ? '%w' : '%m', $time)], $str);
794:     if (strpos($str, '%p'))
795:     $str = str_replace('%p', (strftime('%H', $time) < 12 ? 'am' : 'pm'), $str);
796:     }
797:     
798:     // Windows doesn't support %e; on some versions, strftime fails altogether if used, so let's prevent that.
==>799:     if ($context['server']['is_windows'] && strpos($str, '%e') !== false)
800:     $str = str_replace('%e', ltrim(strftime('%d', $time), '0'), $str);
801:     
802:     // Format any other characters..
803:     return strftime($str, $time);
804:     }
805:     
806:     // Removes special entities from strings.  Compatibility...
807:     function un_htmlspecialchars($string)
808:     {
809:     static $translation;
810:     
811:     if (!isset($translation))
812:     $translation = array_flip(get_html_translation_table(HTML_SPECIALCHARS, ENT_QUOTES)) + array(''' => '\'', '&nbsp;' => ' ');
813:     
814:     return strtr($string, $translation);
815:     }
816:     
817:     // Shorten a subject + internationalization concerns.
818:     function shorten_subject($subject, $len)
819:     {

SnoMan

I have installed this mod and switched to the core theme to test it (previously using Babylon theme). I see the referral info in the profile, but I don't see a referral button or link to actually activate an invitation. Am I missing a button, or are my members supposed to copy/paste the invitation into an email?

www.survivalnewsonline.com/snoboards
~SnoMan
Survival News Online

mrtrc266

Quote from: SnoMan on April 23, 2010, 11:17:49 AM
I have installed this mod and switched to the core theme to test it (previously using Babylon theme). I see the referral info in the profile, but I don't see a referral button or link to actually activate an invitation. Am I missing a button, or are my members supposed to copy/paste the invitation into an email?

You are correct there isn't a button, your members simply pass out their referral link to whoever they like. One thing to suggest when you make the announcement is for them to put it in their signature on other forums. Once someone clicks on your referral link it will stay in the cookies for 60 days (unless they clear their cookies). Or a member can simply type in the name of the referrer when they register to your site.

SnoMan

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 23, 2010, 11:26:33 AM
Quote from: SnoMan on April 23, 2010, 11:17:49 AM

You are correct there isn't a button, your members simply pass out their referral link to whoever they like. One thing to suggest when you make the announcement is for them to put it in their signature on other forums. Once someone clicks on your referral link it will stay in the cookies for 60 days (unless they clear their cookies). Or a member can simply type in the name of the referrer when they register to your site.

Thanks! Does it matter whether the new member types in the display name of the referring member? Or must the new member type in the referring member's actual user name?
~SnoMan
Survival News Online

Advertisement: