News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Sunset

Started by chadon, March 08, 2008, 04:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadon

Well, there isn't many places where to place the rest of the text. What I can do maybe is to help you to get a white background in the box behind the text so it would be more visible whatever the image you use.

chadon

Something like that?

WCFA

I really love the theme,.
I am such a newbie been awhile from building to long. once used SMF and did all sort of stuff.
On this theme there are a few mods I would like to add that are compatible with 2.0.7 which is the version of yours I have.
Problem is I obviously get fails when I install them, I knew how to work around it before but now have no idea.
Example. Ad mods I try get fail and there was a fix I had to do on most most years ago, and have forgotten how.

I gotta say this is one of the best themes I have see out there if I can get mods figured out it will help greatly.

chadon

Did you try the online manual?
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation

Other than that, I won't be able to help you to install mods.

gaswigg

Quote from: chadon on February 08, 2014, 11:51:30 AM
Something like that?

If I had to choose one it would be the bottom one but would like the type at the very bottom of the header not in the middle or this is really what I would like the type in the highlite area. Also can you point me to where the theme color's are set like of the black border and such. I really thank you for the help

chadon

It's not possible to have it where you want it as the space given by your menu in a topic page is bigger than in the home page as you can see in the attachment below.
All the colors are set in the style.css file of the theme but you may need to have some knowledge about html and css to be able to find the right elements to modify.
You can also try Firebug, a browser add on that allows you to right click on an element of a page and show you the associated html and css code:
https://getfirebug.com/

gaswigg

Ok I understand then can you make that type all black and at the very bottom and right of the header and the lines of type that when hover over can change to red. Also what I was asking about the color is the outside Black border if it could be changed to another color. I am running 2 forums with this theme and might add another and love the theme with a header that can be replaced like this one is but even with a diff header on each forum they all still look alike due to the colors that's all but no biggie if it cant be

Thanks
Glen

debiwebi

Hi there,

I'm using Sunset2015 on a test site. I want to replace the logo/page title with a few short lines of text. I've gotten this far in index.template.php to remove the logo, but don't know how to put text in there instead. I also need to be able to style the text a little bit. I'm code-illiterate but can follow instructions.  :)

if (empty($settings['header_logo_url']))
echo '
';

I'd also like to make my own meta description, what do I remove from this and, same as above, how do I replace it with text?

<meta name="description" content="', $context['page_title_html_safe'], '" />', !empty($context['meta_keywords']) ? '

http://www.tejadadesigns.com/upgrade21test/index.php

Thanks.
Some mornings it just isn't worth
chewing through the leather straps.
~Emo

Unlimited Own Posts Editing Time

chadon

Hi,

Your forum already looks very good. :)

I am not sure to understand what you want. You seem to understand what to do and it's exactly where you can add your text. Just like that:

if (empty($settings['header_logo_url']))
echo '
My own text with my own HTML
';

For the meta description, if you want the same one on every pages of your forum, find:
<meta name="description" content="', $context['page_title_html_safe'], '" />', !empty($context['meta_keywords']) ? '
and replace with:
<meta name="description" content="This is my own description of the forum" />

If you can install a mod, I would recommend you to use one like this instead:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1871

debiwebi

Quote from: ForumMustang.com on July 02, 2015, 08:08:38 PM
Hi,

Your forum already looks very good. :)

I am not sure to understand what you want. You seem to understand what to do
and it's exactly where you can add your text.

I think you understood very well! I had an "idea" of what needed to be done,
but couldn't figure out where to put the text. I kept getting error messages for putting
it in the wrong place. So, that works, thanks. I really know nothing about php and
don't know what can be put where. I just now added a span to style the text that will
eventually be in there and it works! I wasn't sure if I could do that either.  :)

Thanks too for help with the meta description, all those single quotes confuse me.

BTW I love the template.

Some mornings it just isn't worth
chewing through the leather straps.
~Emo

Unlimited Own Posts Editing Time

Advertisement: