News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Yes there is, when you have a post based member group, u can set it to say, Newbie is 25 posts or less

then create the block and only check off that post based member group, you will always see the block as admin though, only you and members from that group :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Mdk001

Quote from: johncccccc on October 06, 2009, 03:13:36 PM
Yes there is, when you have a post based member group, u can set it to say, Newbie is 25 posts or less

then create the block and only check off that post based member group, you will always see the block as admin though, only you and members from that group :)

Oh, it's cause I'm a mod
...quite annoying, is there a way to prevent it from showing to mods as well? :)

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

well, a global or local moderator should not be able to see it if you only check that group, but admins will always see everything

SMF 2.0 RC5

1adam12

I am using Simple Portal and was wondering if the www.redirect seen in the browser affect SEO ?

Mdk001

Quote from: johncccccc on October 06, 2009, 04:01:49 PM
well, a global or local moderator should not be able to see it if you only check that group, but admins will always see everything

Yeah, that's what I find annoying...
Perhaps you guys could help me with a bit of php code for a block that'd only show up for people with zero replies?
I don't really know how to get infos from the currently logged in user but once I have that I can handle the rest

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

well there is some code to stop admins seeing things, like the ad management mod can disable ads for admins, thus it can be done, but that's way beyond me lol

SMF 2.0 RC5

TheListener

Quote from: Mdk001 on October 06, 2009, 05:58:58 PM

Perhaps you guys could help me with a bit of php code for a block that'd only show up for people with zero replies?
I don't really know how to get infos from the currently logged in user but once I have that I can handle the rest

Slightly off topic here but there is a mod for use for people with zero replies.

If you want to know which one then you can pm me.

Mdk001

Quote from: TheListener on October 06, 2009, 06:06:39 PM
Quote from: Mdk001 on October 06, 2009, 05:58:58 PM

Slightly off topic here but there is a mod for use for people with zero replies.

If you want to know which one then you can pm me.

Seen that one, but I couldn't integrate it in a PHP block for some reason and I couldn't properly place it outside them so I disabled it for the time being

sombra

Quote from: sombra on October 05, 2009, 01:09:58 PM
hello and thanks for this wondurfull portal been uning it for a long time

now i have a little problem can read here

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=338291.0

and it was told to me that the portal coud be the problem any ideads if this is the problem and is there any fix for it

and thanks

anu sugestions?

camaronero

Quote from: camaronero on October 03, 2009, 11:02:29 AM
if someone enters a URL in the shoutbox I got the following error:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in / home / fact / public_html / forum / Sources / Subs.php on line 2004

any idea how to fix or block the url in shoutbox
Help Please

meehan09

Since installing portal iam getting thease errors in admin cp - error logs!!

Paul       Today at 14:42:28
IP address ******************      
f520ffaedc80d893b095d324505d5b2c
Type of error: Undefined

http://www.exoticforums.co.uk//index.php?http://www.exoticforums.co.uk/
8: Undefined variable: fix
File: /home/reptiles/public_html/Sources/Subs-Portal.php
Line: 661

I hope your able to help me fix this and clear my error logs, has they filling up very quickly with thease errors!

Kindest Regards,
Paul

mcgovery

Is it possible to disable showing forum posts on the main page?

Thanks

mrtrc266

Quote from: mcgovery on October 14, 2009, 03:04:40 PM
Is it possible to disable showing forum posts on the main page?

Thanks

Go to Admin/Simple Portal/Blocks and disable whatever block is displaying the info 'recent posts" recent" topics" etc

DragonKith

This might be a total stupid question or it might not be i just looked at to download SimplePortal 2.3 and i was wondering if i would have to edit any files by chance before i install this program i never really played around with SimplePortal before does anyone have any advice for me by chance i think SimplePortal would kick butt to have on my board.

Verso

Quote from: DragonKith on October 15, 2009, 03:38:29 PM
This might be a total stupid question or it might not be i just looked at to download SimplePortal 2.3 and i was wondering if i would have to edit any files by chance before i install this program i never really played around with SimplePortal before does anyone have any advice for me by chance i think SimplePortal would kick butt to have on my board.

http://www.suffolksportsforum.co.uk

I use SP - Have a look at my site.

It is very easy to use. Just install and away you go..........

DragonKith

So you dont have to edit any files then i am using SMF 1.1.10 i click on Parse button it says i have to edit files this is very confusing

mirahalo

Quote from: DragonKith on October 16, 2009, 12:34:57 PM
So you dont have to edit any files then i am using SMF 1.1.10 i click on Parse button it says i have to edit files this is very confusing

thats because the package manager will do all those edits for you.

try install simpleportal with the package manager,  if you use the default theme, you don't have to edit any file, if you use other theme you just have to edit one file for the "forum" button

gretings!

Kimmie

Seeing this error in my logs (and its only showing up under my name):

8: Undefined index: 1

File: /home/*****/public_html/Sources/PortalBlocks.php
Line: 2155

Any ideas? Thanks :)

DragonKith

Quote from: 130860 on October 16, 2009, 12:44:06 PM
Quote from: DragonKith on October 16, 2009, 12:34:57 PM

thats because the package manager will do all those edits for you.

try install simpleportal with the package manager,  if you use the default theme, you don't have to edit any file, if you use other theme you just have to edit one file for the "forum" button

gretings!

It gave me a list of files to edit which would be the file that i need to edit so it will work correctly

LC

I would like to give something to think about as a suggestion. :)

I am sure many of you are aware of Google's custom homepage if you are using Gmail, or Myspace's new profile layout (2.0). Basically, you can add applications or remove applications by rearranging blocks of information on your page.

I don't know how feasible this would be for SP but it would be very interesting and cool if there was a way for individual accounts to be able to "rearrange" the blocks how they would like to see them. Of course having a default, but then they would be able to customize it as they wish.

Good idea? Feasible? Already been done?

Any thoughts? :D

Advertisement: