SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLAYBOY

Quote from: PLAYBOY on November 24, 2010, 11:30:23 PM
The copyright is off the frame on my theme. Where is the copyright code so i can put it in the frame?

Can anybody please help me with this?

I tried EVERYTHING. I even oppened every file came with the mod.zip in code editor and searched for the copyright line to see if i can change its place. My forum looks pretty ugly because of this copyright being OFF THE FRAME!

PLAYBOY

Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU! Done.

smitch6

Quote from: PLAYBOY on November 25, 2010, 03:18:59 PM
How can i change the order of management (moderation) team?
I want to customize the order on list in that block.

I too want to know how to do this????
i'm using 2.3.3
i have posted on the sp website but with no joy and on here with also no joy

there must be a way maybe someone has done it but just hasn't posted their success ?????

come on all you budding coders out there help us out please   :D
Friendly, reliable web hosting at affordable prices
www.normanboatforum.co.uk l www.PatTesterSuffolk.co.uk

Spuds

QuoteHow can i change the order of management (moderation) team?
I want to customize the order on list in that block.
Perhaps an example of what you are looking for ... today I thought it sorted it by admin then global mods and then moderators?

smitch6

as you can see by my staff list on the right
it has senior leader (admin) at the top
then senior mods and nor mods in dif orders and tech guys in there as well

the mod that someone posted as a solution helps in the instance where it lists ppl in order of joining
not rank

what i want and i think what others want is to have them in order of
admin
global mod
mod
tech

etc etc

:)

Spuds

Hummm I'm guessing all those folks have moderator level status ... the code sorts admins / global moderators / moderators sub sorted by member_id in each group ....

As something quick,  you can try the following to see if it works .....

find:
Quote$staff_list[$row['type'] . '-' . $row['id_member']] = array(

replace with
Quote$staff_list[$row['type'] . '-' . $row['group_name'] . '-' . $row['real_name']] = array(

this shoudl then sort by admin / global mod / mod and then in each of those groups sort by group name and then by member name in those groups ....

Edit ... that's in PortalBlocks.php around line 2276

smitch6

i don't have that line :(

i've attached my portalblacks.php for you to have a quick look through if you don't mind :)

Galaxy Computers

When I try to install I get this error:

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

and one in red say "Test failed" and its "Execute Modfication ./index.php"
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Morris Technologies Computer Support Forum

Spuds

Quote from: smitch6 on November 28, 2010, 05:08:45 PM

i've attached my portalblacks.php for you to have a quick look through if you don't mind :)
Strange .... had you already modified that code ?  Anyway in your file its line 2311 which has
Quote from: smitch6 on November 28, 2010, 05:08:45 PM

Your file is version 2.3.2, the suggestion I posted was for 2.3.3 .... you should update but if your just want to try some things ....

change line 2311 which is currently (for v 2.3.2)
$staff_list[$row['id_member']] = array(

to the v2.3.3 default of
$staff_list[$row['type'] . '-' . $row['id_member']] = array(

or my other version of
$staff_list[$row['type'] . '-' . $row['group_name'] . '-' . $row['real_name']] = array(

either of which should give you what you want ....

Spuds

Quote from: MorrisGiftShop on November 28, 2010, 05:21:22 PM
When I try to install I get this error:

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

and one in red say "Test failed" and its "Execute Modfication ./index.php"
Says what it means ... another mod you installed changed index.php in the root of your forum so this mod can't find where to "hook" itself in to the code .... you can try uninstalling mods (generally in the reverse order you installed them to avoid problems), or manually update index.php.  If you want to attach index.php someone could take a look and tell you what you need to do.

Galaxy Computers

How do I send a attactment on the forum?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Galaxy Computers

Nevermind I have found out how to send an attachment. Here is my index.php file.
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Spuds

Looks like its the twitter mod ... it did not leave a comment indented as it should have and now SP can't find the line since its now missing the tab, ie its different.

Just open your index.php file in an editor and change

// Is the forum in maintenance mode? (doesn't apply to administrators.)

and add a tab (not spaces, a tab) so it looks like this

// Is the forum in maintenance mode? (doesn't apply to administrators.)

that should allow SP to install ... but note that it will make the twitter mod *fail* when you go to uninstall it ....

You could also uninstall the twitter mod (assuming it wants to uninstall cleanly) then install SP then install the twitter mod and you should be fine (just remmember that then to uninstall SP you will need to uninstall twitter then SP and then add twitter back in)

Galaxy Computers

I have got it going now. I have another question. When I add pages how can make a menu tab to link to that page?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Spuds

Quote from: MorrisGiftShop on November 28, 2010, 07:09:05 PM
I have got it going now. I have another question. When I add pages how can make a menu tab to link to that page?
If you want a new tab you will need to get another mod to create menus and then point that new tab (or menu under the tab) back to the SP page ... ie /index.php?page=page1234 or whatever your page is ... some menu mods that do this are this and here

or if you want to do it yourself follow this tutotrial

smitch6

Hi spuds
thanks for the code the 2nd code you gave worked sort of
it has sorted everyone out but in the wrong order
it has put them in
admin
tech
mod
global mod

is there a way it can be
admin
global mod
mod
tech

please ty :)

strange you say its 2.3.2 because on the forum at the bottom it says 2.3.3
and it was all fully updated by my tech guy when they released RC4 for the latest version

Spuds

Quotestrange you say its 2.3.2 because on the forum at the bottom it says 2.3.3
I was reacting to the header in that file plus the changed line but you are correct it is 2.3.3.  Looks like most of the file headers were not updated to reflect things as 2.3.2, something the SP team missed.

Quoteit has sorted everyone out but in the wrong order
I see what is occurring .... have to think about it .... the tech team has a higher authority level then the moderators so they ended up under the admins ... then it sorted by the group names with are moderator and senior moderator (alphabetically) ...  Let me look at it and give you some options.

smitch6

Thats really nice of i appreciate your time and effort helping with this
and it would be great if you could come up with a solution because i know quite a few people alongside myself need a solution to this issue

i look forward in your success :)

thanks again

jekwumoore

I just installed the mod on my forum, how do i remove the statement below from my frontpage

Welcome to SimplePortal!

SimplePortal is one of several portal mods for Simple Machines Forum (SMF). Although always developing, SimplePortal is produced with the user in mind first. User feedback is the number one method of growth for SimplePortal, and our users are always finding ways for SimplePortal to grow. SimplePortal stays competative with other portal software by adding numerous user-requested features such as articles, block types and the ability to completely customize the portal page.

All this and SimplePortal has remained Simple! SimplePortal is built for simplicity and ease of use; ensuring the average forum administrator can install SimplePortal, configure a few settings, and show off the brand new portal to the users in minutes. Confusing menus, undesired pre-loaded blocks and settings that cannot be found are all avoided as much as possible. Because when it comes down to it, SimplePortal is YOUR portal, and should reflect your taste as much as possible.

Ultimate Simplicity
    The simplest portal you can ever think of... You only need a few clicks to install it through Package Manager. A few more to create your own blocks and articles. Your portal is ready to go within a couple of minutes, and simple to customise to reflect YOU.

Install Friendly
    With the ingenius design of install and update packages, SimplePortal is incredibly install and update friendly. You will never need any manual changes even on a heavily modified forum.

Incredible Theme Support
    The simple but powerful structure of SimplePortal brings you wide-range theme support too. You can use SimplePortal with all SMF themes by just adding a button for it.

Professional Support
    SimplePortal offers high quality professional support with its own well known support team. 
we rule the world

Spuds

Quote from: smitch6 on November 29, 2010, 09:55:36 AM
Thats really nice of i appreciate your time and effort helping with this
and it would be great if you could come up with a solution because i know quite a few people alongside myself need a solution to this issue

i look forward in your success :)

thanks again
There is really not a one glove for all here since the sort order is neither alphabetical nor numerical.  The best thing to do is something like this.

find:
$staff_list = array();
$colorids = array();

replace with:
$staff_list = array();
$colorids = array();
$sortorder = array('Administrator', 'Senior Leader', 'Senior Moderator', 'Moderator', 'Tech Team');

The list will sort in order of the groups listed, so if you want a different order or have different group names then you will have to add / change them.

find:
if (in_array($row['id_member'], $admins))
$row['type'] = 1;
elseif (in_array($row['id_member'], $global_mods))
$row['type'] = 2;
else
$row['type'] = 3;

$staff_list[$row['id_member']] = array(

replace with:
$sort_key = array_search($row['group_name'],$sortorder);
if ($sort_key !== false)
$row['type'] = $sort_key + 1;
else
$row['type'] = count($sortorder) + 1;

/*
if (in_array($row['id_member'], $admins))
$row['type'] = 1;
elseif (in_array($row['id_member'], $global_mods))
$row['type'] = 2;
else
$row['type'] = 3;
*/

$staff_list[$row['type'] . '-' . ucwords($row['real_name'])] = array(

this just changes how the row['type'] is set, instead of by authority level its now by the order of the $sortorder list and then by the members name in for each 'group'

Advertisement: